General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I really want to be back.... Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-02-10 9:27 AM

User image

New user

State College, Pennsylvania
Subject: I really want to be back....
In a big huge coconut shell, life has been stressful over the past few years with times in the bottom of the deepest trenches and others on the highest mountain tops. I tried to come back before, but I'm really trying to come back now. My previous attempts have resulted in injuries where surgical intervention was required, so I must start back slowly and allow my body to adapt. Unfortunately, my mind tends to intervene when I get started and I overdo it too quickly. So I'm not doing that this time. Please don't let me do that!

I've added some of my friends back from my previous BT life and would love to have new motivating friends. I haven't decided on a Plan or membership just yet, I'm still feeling that out - which would be the best to restart? I haven't been totally sedentary - I've run some 5k's over the past few years, and road my bike for some charity rides; and I've been doing yoga, Zumba, walking and some weights but nothing planned or with any goals in mind. I need to set those too.

BT used to be a very important home to me way back when and I'm hoping I can restore it....

I look forward to your replies and friendship.

Kristen

Signature to come - I promise

2015-02-10 1:22 PM
in reply to: sweetKisback

User image

Pro
Canandaigua NY
Subject: RE: I really want to be back....

I think we met at a Musselman a few years back. 

Welcome back!

2015-02-11 6:41 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Welcome back. I hope that you are able to find that happy place where body and mind work together to slowly build you up. Good Luck!

2015-02-11 8:45 AM

User image

New user

State College, Pennsylvania
Thanks! I'm glad to be back! The hardest part is keeping the mindset... I figured it out before and I can do it again.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I really want to be back.... Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Really wanting to do this on a budget looking for some info

Started by jcstarken
Views: 697 Posts: 7

2009-09-21 5:56 PM jcstarken

Am I Really Going To Do This AGAIN?

Started by Viking
Views: 988 Posts: 10

2008-11-19 5:00 AM Viking

really really really new

Started by ceilidh
Views: 1074 Posts: 7

2008-04-15 9:51 AM Schrup

I AM BACK

Started by royj
Views: 803 Posts: 3

2007-05-05 7:58 PM marymosc13

Just wanted to say how happy I am to have found this site

Started by labsimpson
Views: 1563 Posts: 15

2004-03-23 12:07 PM streaky
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
What is the recommended way to recover from a cycling-related lower back injury?

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : September 10, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 2
Your help is needed to keep BT the best of the best.