General Discussion Triathlon Talk » LG Tri X-Speed for sale & Advice needed on shoes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-02-12 2:59 PM

Subject: LG Tri X-Speed for sale & Advice needed on shoes
Posting here first in attempt to sell local and I also would like thoughts on shoes. I'm in Lawrence so Topeka, LFK and KC are all fair game for me.

I have 2 pairs of Louis Garneau Tri X-Speed shoes.

I bought the first pair online and apparently didn't use a good size chart .

* Size 46
* Probably worn 3-5 times
* They even smell new (so if you are only buying these b/c you have a stinky feet fetish check out the next pair)
* Flawless uppers and what you would expect on the bottom from mounting cleats and using a few times.

$50

After I realized those didn't fit I bought the same shoe on CL in a size bigger

* Size 47
* Worn more than 3 times
* Guy before me wrecked in them which must have been bad luck b/c I wrecked in them too - Uppers are scuffed up - Also beware they maybe bad luck
* I haven't smelled them but if you buy them you are welcome to do so (Will consider riding in them before sale for extra fee)
* Still not a ton of rides in these I put about 300 miles on them but they are also too small

$40

Catch here is the first pair has to sell before the second ones as I need the money for new shoes (been spending lots of money getting ready for the season).

NOW FOR THE ADVICE PART: Where is the best place in the area to try shoes? Cycleworks is limited Sunflower is limited. I liked the store in Topeka that I forge the name to but also limited for tri shoes.

Also suggestions on what shoes you like.... I have 1 foot that is a 12.5 and one that is a 13. About the only running shoes I feel at home in are Altra's and Merrell thanks to the wider toebox. I don't think I need to get a wide shoe I just think I'm in between normal and wide in the toes. Anybody have thoughts on shoes that would be wider in the toes?

2015-02-12 5:23 PM
in reply to: MrDAG

User image

Master
Overland Park, KS
Subject: RE: LG Tri X-Speed for sale & Advice needed on shoes
I actually wear size 13 running shoes (Saucony ProGrid Guide 6's and Brooks Adrenaline GTS 13's before that). I have a pair of Pearl Izumi Try Fly III's that are now at least 2 years old. They're either size 47 or 48 but they fit well. Elite Cycling in Leawood carries a few types I'll check on that next time I'm there. Elite does a good job with the Triathlon community in general.

They carry Giro and Shimano Tri shoes, I'm pretty sure they'll have Shimano in stock in your size range it will be hit and miss on the Giro brand.

http://elitecycling.com/
2015-02-13 7:56 AM
in reply to: #5092964

Subject: RE: LG Tri X-Speed for sale & Advice needed on shoes
Thanks I was planning on checking them out for a fitting. Good to know they have a nice selection of shoes.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » LG Tri X-Speed for sale & Advice needed on shoes Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Advice leading up to KC 1/2

Started by Ranski
Views: 661 Posts: 5

2014-10-05 8:23 PM Ranski

Selling frameset - Listing here first for local sale

Started by Jayhox
Views: 1424 Posts: 8

2013-10-01 8:46 PM Jayhox

Trainer Road sale

Started by dprocket
Views: 960 Posts: 2

2013-09-13 1:40 PM m.a.burghart

Road Bike Sale

Started by reecealan
Views: 738 Posts: 1

2013-09-09 4:38 PM reecealan

Words of encouragement or advice appreciated here Pages: 1 2 3

Started by joncolbybohnsack
Views: 3131 Posts: 57

2012-09-03 8:27 PM dprocket
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 20, 2011
author : Coach AJ
comments : 3
Using a high-volume schedule for many months is not the best tactic. Build speed and skill several months out, and then transition to a high-volume IM plan.

date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.