UK Triathlon Forum England » Age specific sprint tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2015-02-12 4:14 PM

Subject: Age specific sprint tri
Hello all, quick intro, names Kev I'm 39 and from the Merseyside area and are a total beginner to triathlons but not new to running cycling or swimming. I'm currently getting fit in all 3 disciplines with the intention of entering a couple of sprint tri's this year. I've managed to bag myself what appears to me to be an absolute bargain on a brand new cannondale caad8 tiagra 2014 model for £400. I did a fair bit of research on bikes and this cannondale has positive reviews but to pay new from shops is still around the £700 - £800 mark. So a good start with regards to bike choice. A couple of questions, in open water session is it a requirement to wear a wetsuit or can you wear a 1 piece tri suit ? Can you hire wet suits on the day if required ? Finally is anyone aware of any age specific sprint tri's, say 20-30 or 30-40 age groups and so on ?

Regards

Kev
New Thread
UK Triathlon Forum England » Age specific sprint tri Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Virgin tri and the Midland Sprint Series

Started by ukweeble
Views: 2270 Posts: 4

2012-04-21 1:36 AM Si709

Please explain age groups - categories

Started by owen77
Views: 1411 Posts: 1

2010-08-08 11:44 AM owen77

Blenheim Triathlon - Sprint Distance

Started by Madscouser63
Views: 1663 Posts: 3

2007-05-30 4:00 PM Madscouser63

Blenheim Triathlon - Sprint Distance

Started by Madscouser63
Views: 1485 Posts: 2

2007-03-20 9:12 AM EFD1976

Cheshire Triathlon - Sprint

Started by Pithpossum
Views: 1065 Posts: 1

2006-04-22 7:45 PM Pithpossum
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 21, 2011
author : etra77
comments : 0
Aunt and Nephew do their first Sprint Triathlon together

date : September 16, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
Part Two: On Appreciation and Acceptance. At some point your body will let you down. Then you have to decide whether it is really the enemy.
date : August 19, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Part One: On Speed, Desire and Age. There are some advantages to running slowly. Now, give me a minute here and I'll try to think of one.

date : July 28, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 1
I'm doing the 22 week sprint tri program and the 2 mile bike ride it starts with is not very challenging. I see this as a opportunity to train the right way and challenge myself. Any ideas?
date : October 7, 2008
author : gczarski
This past spring I realized a few of us were heading in the wrong direction physically. We were getting together for poker games and kids’ birthdays, but that was it.

date : September 8, 2008
author : pjwalzphd
comments : 2
When I told my husband that I planned to work toward completing a sprint triathlon, he smiled and was supportive, but a bit disbelieving.
date : April 1, 2008
author : trvw
The challenge? The accomplishment? I want to do this because it is an opportunity to live life. The event is an indoor sprint triathlon. I get to experience the challenge on a safer scale.

date : November 27, 2005
author : Ontherun
For most age-group triathletes, getting the most out of there time for quality workouts can be daunting. Think outside the triangle to get a little more.