General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Parris Island Tri practice - by Go Tri Sports Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-02-19 4:21 PM

User image

Saint Marys, Georgia
Subject: Parris Island Tri practice - by Go Tri Sports
PARRIS ISLAND TRIATHLON - Practice Run Through

Open and Free to the entire triathlon community

We are having a practice run through of the Parris Island Triathlon on Sunday March 1 at 12noon. The purpose of this practice is to familiarize ourselves with the unique format of this race - especially the pool swim that snakes across the lanes - and to prep ourselves for the first triathlon of the season.

This is open and free to everyone - even if you are not racing the Parris Island Tri - still come out for a good workout.

Come prepared like you would on race day - all the gear you need, transition needs, goggles, bike and running shoes.

The format will be as follows:
- Pool swim of 250m - 500m - with a time trial start and following the same course as the race (i.e., multiple swimmers in each lane)
- Transition 1 - Bike racks outside the pool area
- Bike - 2 mi around the Island Rec Center
- Run - 1 mi around the Island Rec Center
(Transition to Bike - repeat bike & Run x 3)

This format allows for:
- The practice of transitions from bike to run (T2) multiple times
- The Brick format trains the body to transition from bike to run
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Parris Island Tri practice - by Go Tri Sports Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Go Tri Sports Hilton Head

Started by Turbine
Views: 1994 Posts: 9

2012-04-18 12:14 PM Turbine

Go Tri Sports Hilton Head Island sprin tri

Started by Tripopo
Views: 1906 Posts: 5

2011-05-14 7:54 PM hicelee

Parris Island Tri Pages: 1 2

Started by mdickson68
Views: 3123 Posts: 42

2009-03-17 7:46 AM steveseer

Parris Island Tri '07

Started by run4yrlif
Views: 871 Posts: 2

2007-02-08 3:34 PM emitch1

Parris Island Triathlon Pages: 1 2 3

Started by gullahcracker
Views: 5077 Posts: 51

2006-03-17 9:13 AM runnergirl29
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 13, 2010
author : kcowart
comments : 11
I have always been an athlete, growing up playing team sports like basketball and soccer. I also ran in a couple of 10K races every year, so I had no reason to worry about running a 5K...right?

date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.
date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.

date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.
date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
comments : 0
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.

date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.
date : November 27, 2005
author : spetremears
9 weeks after my first bike ride, 5 months after my first swim and 13 months after my surgery I entered the Nelson week Tri a Tri !

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.