Manitowoc Two Rivers YMCA
2F / -17C
Sunny
Total Time = 57m 7s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Alarm went off at 6:45... hit the snooze... but I had already been up for several hours tossing and turning. Got up ten minutes later... made a trip to the bathroom and got ready which was super nice... just putting on my post race clothing since it was an indoor tri and I was wearing a swim suit. Left at 7:20 and drove the 20 minutes to the Y. Checked in... got my shirt then went to go get some idea about what was going on. Set up my change of outfit in the locker room and went to go look at the pool. People were setting up their spin bikes and had their transition stuff in. Got in the pool with about 4 minutes to spare.
Event warmup:

I got my head wet and listened to directions. Tri was only a sprint so there was no reason to do anything.
Swim
  • 07m 39s
  • 450 meters
  • 01m 42s / 100 meters
Comments:

I was second out of the pool.... good speed today!
What would you do differently?:

Not a thing... keep on swimming.
Transition 1
  • 04m
Comments:

I went from the pool to the locker room, struggled into my triathlon suit and then had to go back past the pool to the bikes. Waited until I got to the bike area to put on my shoes.

Wear my triathlon suit. That was my biggest mistake of the whole race. It took way too long to get on the bike and with second out of the pool, I could have done a lot better without the extended transition.
Bike
  • 18m 1s
  • 10 miles
  • 33.30 mile/hr
Comments:

Spun as fast as I could sustain with high rpm but tried to keep the resistance up. I had a really hard time spinning fast and at a high resistance. Need to keep on working on my power.

Work on my strength so that I can spin faster at a higher resistance but all in all was an okay job.
Transition 2
  • 00m 30s
Comments:

Nice thing was I just had to get off the bike and then we went down the hall to the track... just a little walk. I did walk to work on giving my legs some recovery.

Run down the hall...
Run
  • 26m 51s
  • 2.5 miles
  • 10m 44s  min/mile
Comments:

Ran three or four laps then had to stop and stretch due to tight calves. Walked a lap. Then ran five or six laps and walked another one. Ran another four or five and walked my last one. Seven more to go and I fought so hard. At the four laps left I started getting people from the next wave. I knew I had to push hard. In the final lap, I picked up my speed and opened up my stride and ran hard.

Not much. One of my best runs in quite some time. Keep working on strength
Post race
Warm down:

Did some good walking afterwards. My calves were tight and so was my left hip flexor. But the moving helped.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The first transition was huge.... as is my bike strength.

Event comments:

The race director ended up getting hurt the morning of the race and was not there so that really made some of the race confusing. But in general, there was a lot of confusion with the race. Had they better explained it, I would have not made my critical mistake with my tri suit. There was no music in the spin studio or on the track. It would have been so nice as a way to motivate. They could defiantly do some work on the event and it would be much cool. I would also recommend they go by distance instead of time for the race.

Last updated: 2015-02-07 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:07:39 | 450 meters | 01m 42s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: Laps... 18 of them. Brent counted for me. Gave me notice at 16. Wish I would have had him flag me around 9 to give me a halfway point.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Waves
Water temp: 62F / 17C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 04:00
Performance: Bad
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
00:18:01 | 10 miles | 33.30 mile/hr
Performance: Average
Wind:
Course: Spin bike.... which is why the speed is sooo fast
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 00:30
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:26:51 | 02.5 miles | 10m 44s  min/mile
Performance: Good
Course: It was a 1/10 of a mile track... with four tilted corners.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2015-02-22 4:53 PM

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin
Subject: Manitowoc YMCA Indoor Triathlon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Manitowoc YMCA Indoor Triathlon Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

YMCA Manitowoc Indoor Traithlon

Started by Milkthecowbaby
Views: 838 Posts: 2

2013-02-26 2:46 PM Milkthecowbaby

Manitowoc YMCA Indoor Triathlon

Started by Milkthecowbaby
Views: 1806 Posts: 1

2010-05-12 2:38 PM Milkthecowbaby

Manitowoc - Two Rivers YMCA Indoor Triathlon

Started by BigRacer
Views: 936 Posts: 1

2009-03-05 1:23 PM BigRacer

Manitowoc Two Rivers YMCA Triathlon

Started by firstnet911
Views: 1218 Posts: 2

2006-08-27 2:13 PM runner

Manitowoc Two Rivers YMCA Triathlon

Started by momnpt
Views: 1038 Posts: 1

2006-08-26 3:45 PM momnpt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 26, 2012
author : dantheman1123
comments : 1
My first triathlon was at age 56. At first I was just the cameraman at my daughter's first triathlon, then I am doing the races that she has done.

date : January 25, 2012
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
This article will discuss the differences between TrainerRoad and PowerTap's power numbers and how to best use each of them.
date : November 5, 2010
author : FitWerx
Do you struggle to hold your power output indoors versus outdoors? The keys to this problem are due to lack of cooling and the flywheel effect.

date : January 20, 2009
author : jasongootman
In this second part, we discuss indoor, outdoor and ramp functional threshold tests to determine your power training zones. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.
date : December 28, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 1
Tired of your bike trainer already? Here are two indoor bike trainer workouts that you can use to keep things interesting while keeping your cycling fitness up.

date : April 1, 2008
author : trvw
The challenge? The accomplishment? I want to do this because it is an opportunity to live life. The event is an indoor sprint triathlon. I get to experience the challenge on a safer scale.
date : September 1, 2004
author : TriSports.com
As the Holiday season approaches and temperatures steadily drop, triathletes become faced with a difficult decision, to ride or not to ride.