BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 107

2015-05-19 1:13 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

Master
Northern IL
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?)

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Originally posted by laffinrock

Our club posted this today:

'Looking for ladies with a 16:15ish PR or faster to run a fast 5k with Kara Goucher and Christine Babcock on Wednesday, May 27 at the first Club Northwest All-Comers Meet of the season at Shoreline Stadium in Shoreline, WA.

Lauren Fleshman may step in for pacing duties. They are shooting for a 15:20

We will run a women's-only fast heat at 8:45pm, followed by the regularly scheduled all-comers 5k.

You do not need to pre-register or pre-pay, but please do RSVP with me so that we have a good idea of who is coming. Spread the word!"

This is the meet I got DFL in btw. Maybe I should do it again, hey?

Nah, I was thinking of running the mile though. 

DOOOOO EEEET!  You never know.  You may not be on pace with the top-tier pros but it just might push you to a new PR.

Naah, in this case I probably wont. They want a 16:15 for the elite wave and I'm not close to that (more like 18:XX) so I would be running in the open race. 5K on the track is a lot of suffering when you aren't really specifically training for that particular kind of hurt. At least the mile would be over quickly, and I could probably still do a workout on top of the mile so as to get some training adaptations, too.

I really need to keep focus on the National Championship and the PPA. 

Well, if you *have* to be sensible, I guess it's okay to skip it.  At least you're off the hook now for the course record at the PPA.

HAHAHAHAHA touche! 

See, now this is where you need to bike more and learn how to draft better.

2015-05-19 2:31 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by brigby1

'Looking for ladies with a 16:15ish PR or faster to run a fast 5k with Kara Goucher and Christine Babcock on Wednesday, May 27 at the first Club Northwest All-Comers Meet of the season at Shoreline Stadium in Shoreline, WA.

We will run a women's-only fast heat at 8:45pm, followed by the regularly scheduled all-comers 5k.

You do not need to pre-register or pre-pay, but please do RSVP with me so that we have a good idea of who is coming. Spread the word!"

DOOOOO EEEET!  You never know.  You may not be on pace with the top-tier pros but it just might push you to a new PR.

Naah, in this case I probably wont. They want a 16:15 for the elite wave and I'm not close to that (more like 18:XX) so I would be running in the open race. 5K on the track is a lot of suffering when you aren't really specifically training for that particular kind of hurt. At least the mile would be over quickly, and I could probably still do a workout on top of the mile so as to get some training adaptations, too.

Well, if you *have* to be sensible, I guess it's okay to skip it.  At least you're off the hook now for the course record at the PPA.

HAHAHAHAHA touche! 

When I first read that I thought it said draft beer, which is more up her alley anyway

2015-05-19 4:04 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by brigby1

HAHAHAHAHA touche! 

When I first read that I thought it said draft beer, which is more up her alley anyway

Bet she'd figure out how to hang if that was at stake!

2015-05-19 4:18 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Welp, after I was so comfortably settled in my decision to work with Coach Lisa I got an email from her today saying she is super busy and doesn't think she can give me the attention I deserve. Fair enough. She recommended one of her associates. So now I'm back to decision time. Try her associate who doesn't know me or NM but knows the PPA? Try Michi who knows me and NM but not the PPA? or do it myself.

ETA: I haven't spoken with the associate. His name is Peter Maksimow.

Edited by rrrunner 2015-05-19 4:23 PM
2015-05-19 4:32 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Welp, after I was so comfortably settled in my decision to work with Coach Lisa I got an email from her today saying she is super busy and doesn't think she can give me the attention I deserve. Fair enough. She recommended one of her associates. So now I'm back to decision time. Try her associate who doesn't know me or NM but knows the PPA? Try Michi who knows me and NM but not the PPA? or do it myself.

There's no harm in at least talking with the associate before you make a decision.

2015-05-19 4:42 PM

User image

Seattle

So...what is it that you are looking for? An overall plan? Specific daily workouts?

2015-05-19 4:42 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Seattle

There's no harm in at least talking with the associate before you make a decision.

This too.

So long as you know exactly what you are looking for. 

2015-05-19 7:30 PM

Master
Northern IL

This too.

I must be really hungry. That looked like "ham". And that's not what's for dinner.

2015-05-20 9:23 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

+1

This too.

2015-05-20 9:51 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Melon Presser

Hi, sorry, am late on the housekeeping like everything else (nearly 2.5 years on race reports now? Sheesh)

New thread is here:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=532243&posts=1&page=1

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 107

RELATED POSTS

Ben's Mentor Group w/ Google Hangouts! ***CLOSED*** Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by bcagle25
Views: 15223 Posts: 182

2015-03-13 3:55 PM wannabefaster

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 27618 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 11693 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 65869 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 54016 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.
date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.

date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.