BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 107

2015-02-26 11:02 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

Master
Northern IL
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?)

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by msteiner

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Originally posted by Jet Black
Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Well my forecast for Sunday's race looks awesome...  Rain is good for crits, right?

Bwaahahahaaaaa!

Yeah, it's good... if your an orthopod. 

I think I've said this before, but I like my collarbones where they are.  WHEN I break one again, it prolly won't be at a rainy crit.  I kind of wish I didn't think about it so much now, as crits look fun, but it just got in my head these last few years!

I'll have to settle for racing vicariously through you on this one, so CRUSH IT! 

Full RR expected, of course.

Matt

Yes, it does seem he'll have an advantage! haha! Seriously though, you can't race if you're injured. Be smart, but definitely kick some tail if you do race!

If it does rain, then the primary goal will be to finish up right.  While a podium would be awesome, getting the start in is the main point until I get to CAT 4.  

The TT however I fully plan to attack with all I got!

Refresh me, what category do you have to start in and what does it take to get to CAT 4? 

You start in CAT 5.  To get from 5 to 4, you have to either have 10 mass starts as a 5 or you can upgrade early if you're killing it.  I do have some previous point experience from attending race skill camps and racing to where I already have credit for 4 starts.  

Good luck with that!

I'm still confused about the first number in the temperature your posted?  What is this 61 that you speak of?  (Oh!  That's right, that is our "normal" temperature for this time of year!  The blinding white outside had me confused!)

So, you probably wouldn't want me to tell you that for this morning's run I wore a sleeveless tank and shorts.  So, nevermind 

This morning, I shoveled.  Beat that!

I drove right over it?

2015-02-26 11:04 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by melbo55

The past few weeks I've been majorly Jonesing for Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets.  Finally broke down and bought a box Monday, mmmmmmm.  Hey, they were on sale!  I'm guessing the majority of the manatees are unfamiliar with the Tastykake brand, and for that I am truly sorry.  It's a fairly regional thing, not sure how far their reach extends.

Regional version of Hostess. mmmm, Hostess Ding Dongs.

Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls or Oatmeal Cakes.  Mmmmm, fat and chocolate.  It's very dangerous to go to the grocery store when hungry.

The girlscout cookie order came in.

2015-02-26 11:06 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

The past few weeks I've been majorly Jonesing for Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets.  Finally broke down and bought a box Monday, mmmmmmm.  Hey, they were on sale!  I'm guessing the majority of the manatees are unfamiliar with the Tastykake brand, and for that I am truly sorry.  It's a fairly regional thing, not sure how far their reach extends.

Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls or Oatmeal Cakes.  Mmmmm, fat and chocolate.  It's very dangerous to go to the grocery store when hungry.

FTW!!!!

2015-02-26 11:09 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Originally posted by popsracer

Originally posted by fortissimo Can someone please explain to me why I'm craving S'mores Poptarts? Of course we have no Poptarts in the house and it's snowing so bad that you can't see across the street so going to the store right now isn't going to happen. ::sigh

OK, now I'm craving Frosted Strawberry PT's.  None in the house so will have to settle for Hostess Cupcakes.

Dag nabbit...Frosted Brown Sugar for me.

Oh wait, did someone say cupcakes?

Here's a "cup cake" for you.  That was supposed to be baby shower cupcakes.  FAIL. (Courtesy of cakewrecks.com)

Creepy

2015-02-26 11:31 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Did you get some Not-So-Thin Mints?

2015-02-26 11:34 AM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by fortissimo Can someone please explain to me why I'm craving S'mores Poptarts? Of course we have no Poptarts in the house and it's snowing so bad that you can't see across the street so going to the store right now isn't going to happen. ::sigh

OK, now I'm craving Frosted Strawberry PT's.  None in the house so will have to settle for Hostess Cupcakes.

Here's a "cup cake" for you.  That was supposed to be baby shower cupcakes.  FAIL. (Courtesy of cakewrecks.com)

That reminds me of Toxie from the cult classic Toxic Avenger

2015-02-26 11:35 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by rrrunner

Creepy

Here's the rest of the posting yesterday.  The title was "Cakes Only A Mother Could Love."  There are some really awful professional cake decorators out there!

I think the following cakes are really special. Like seeing a beautiful newborn for the first time, these baby shower cakes leave me… well, speechless.

What a coincidence! E.T. was on my TV today, too!

Ethan... phone home...

(and tell your parents Jersey Shore called. They want their tan back.)

ETA:  I'm not sure why this is showing up 2x.  Sorry.

I think the following cakes are really special. Like seeing a beautiful newborn for the first time, these baby shower cakes leave me… well, speechless.

Ethan... phone home...

- See more at: http://www.cakewrecks.com/#sthash.Omqz27Tb.dpuf
id="stcpDiv" style="position: absolute; top: -1999px; left: -1988px;">

Ethan... phone home...

- See more at: http://www.cakewrecks.com/#sthash.Omqz27Tb.dpuf

Edited by laffinrock 2015-02-26 11:36 AM
2015-02-26 11:47 AM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

I have been thinking about my upcoming HIM pacing goals and trying to get an idea of where I am at now.  I have three more months to get ready and by looking at these baselines trying to figure out if I should direct my focus more in any one area to improve my overall race.

I've done a few HM's and I do long runs every weekend so I think I have an idea there and I did a 2100 yard continuous swim at a comfortably hard pace yesterday so I also have an idea about the swim.  The bike leg is somewhat of a mystery to me in terms of where I'm at.  What would be a good test that I could extrapolate to an approximate bike leg short of going out and riding 56 miles (it's still too cold out for me)?  I suspect the bike will be my greatest opportunity for improvement but I'd like to see some kind of metric.  I don't have a powermeter.

2015-02-26 11:59 AM

User image

Seattle

Here's my race report!

I'm super proud of it and learned a lot. So much to learn still. 

2015-02-26 12:56 PM

User image

Denver, CO

I have been thinking about my upcoming HIM pacing goals and trying to get an idea of where I am at now.  I have three more months to get ready and by looking at these baselines trying to figure out if I should direct my focus more in any one area to improve my overall race.

I've done a few HM's and I do long runs every weekend so I think I have an idea there and I did a 2100 yard continuous swim at a comfortably hard pace yesterday so I also have an idea about the swim.  The bike leg is somewhat of a mystery to me in terms of where I'm at.  What would be a good test that I could extrapolate to an approximate bike leg short of going out and riding 56 miles (it's still too cold out for me)?  I suspect the bike will be my greatest opportunity for improvement but I'd like to see some kind of metric.  I don't have a powermeter.

Oh, right.  We're supposed be talking about triathlon stuff, not cupcakes.  Thanks for the redirect, Steve! 

2015-02-26 1:19 PM

User image

Katy, Texas
Here I am starving myself trying to get down to "race weight," whatever the hell that is, and yall are talking about pop tarts, little Debbie's and Girl Scout cookies (which there are two unopened boxes of in my pantry)!?!?!?

I am interested in what kind of answers Steve gets though as I'm in the same place as him, except for both the bike and the run.

2015-02-26 1:30 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Waaaaaaay ahead of you!

2015-02-26 1:35 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Oh, right.  We're supposed be talking about triathlon stuff, not cupcakes.  Thanks for the redirect, Steve! 

Oh, I think they are closely related.  A high percentage of my daily nutrition is derived from yummies.   

2015-02-26 1:44 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Denver, CO

Waaaaaaay ahead of you!

Oh, those things are wicked.  DH bought me some the other day.  I couldn't decide whether to hug him or slug him. 

I always tell myself that the peanut butter sandwich cookies have peanuts, so that's protein, right?

2015-02-26 1:49 PM

Master
Northern IL

Waaaaaaay ahead of you!

Just one?

2015-02-26 2:05 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Waaaaaaay ahead of you!

Just one?

There were two at the time of the photo.  I think Iron Man snuck away with some while I was at lunch!

2015-02-26 2:58 PM

User image

Seattle

Waaaaaaay ahead of you!

Just one?

There were two at the time of the photo.  I think Iron Man snuck away with some while I was at lunch!

I just heard someone a few cubes down say their "girl" (almost indicating she was a dealer of sorts) hasn't delivered the goods yet and they were wondering if it would be wrong/creepy to go door to door looking for a girlscout since they don't seem to be hitting the streets as much these days. 

2015-02-26 3:21 PM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by Jet Black Here I am starving myself trying to get down to "race weight," whatever the hell that is, and yall are talking about pop tarts, little Debbie's and Girl Scout cookies (which there are two unopened boxes of in my pantry)!?!?!?  I am interested in what kind of answers Steve gets though as I'm in the same place as him, except for both the bike and the run.

They're after us Sean!!

2015-02-26 3:31 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Baby shower cupcake for Creature from the Black Lagoon!

2015-02-26 3:54 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Denver, CO

Waaaaaaay ahead of you!

Just one?

I just heard someone a few cubes down say their "girl" (almost indicating she was a dealer of sorts) hasn't delivered the goods yet and they were wondering if it would be wrong/creepy to go door to door looking for a girlscout since they don't seem to be hitting the streets as much these days. 

They set up shop outside the grocery stores here.  Rain, snow, sleet, or shine, you can run but you can't hide.

2015-02-26 4:21 PM

Master
Northern IL

Waaaaaaay ahead of you!

Just one?

I got 5. Had an itching to burn another of the 20's from a race prize a while back.

2015-02-26 4:51 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Yippeee!!!!!  DH got the new job!!!  He starts in early April.  When the good news rains, it snows!!

2015-02-26 5:19 PM

User image

Seattle

Yippeee!!!!!  DH got the new job!!!  He starts in early April.  When the good news rains, it snows!!

Fantastic news! Congrats!!!! 

2015-02-26 8:29 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

WOOT WOOT!!!

2015-02-26 8:41 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Fantastic news! Congrats!!!! 

Three cheers for Alex!Hip hip hooray!Hip hip hooray!Hip Hip HOORAY!!!!!!
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 107

RELATED POSTS

Ben's Mentor Group w/ Google Hangouts! ***CLOSED*** Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by bcagle25
Views: 15342 Posts: 182

2015-03-13 3:55 PM wannabefaster

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 27899 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 11804 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 66194 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 54503 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.
date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.

date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.