General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Manhattan Beach Road Bike Rental Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-02-25 2:43 PM

Veteran
New York, Connecticut
Subject: Manhattan Beach Road Bike Rental
I am coming out to Manhattan beach area March 19th for the long weekend. I am training for Lake Placid Ironman and would like to rent a bike to get a training session in. Any one have a place to rent a serious road bike.....Thanks. I am from NYC.

2015-02-25 5:43 PM
in reply to: husse23

User image

Subject: RE: Manhattan Beach Road Bike Rental
Check out Helen's Cycles in Manhattan Beach. Their website says the rentals are all in their Santa Monica store, which is 20 away but maybe if you call ahead they would bring one down to MB.

http://helenscycles.com/articles/helens-bike-rentals-pg97.htm

Not sure if they rent bikes but you could also call Tri Lab in Redondo Beach. Big road bike and tri bike selection. Maybe they would have demo.

What kind of ride were you looking to get in? I live in MB and there is plenty of good riding nearby and tons of good cyclists. Better weather than NYC this time of year. There is lots of good hills in Palos Verdes, which would be good IMLP training. Drop me a note and I would be happy to suggest something.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Manhattan Beach Road Bike Rental Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Orcas off Manhattan Beach

Started by ChrisM
Views: 1162 Posts: 6

2011-02-03 11:15 PM Pacific John

Road bike rental in San Diego

Started by ldavis627
Views: 1402 Posts: 3

2010-07-19 7:16 PM Scottt

Bike Rental and Route near Mission Beach, San Diego

Started by Nole40
Views: 1046 Posts: 2

2010-05-23 6:13 PM alexthesuspect

Manhattan Beach pier swimmers...

Started by Longshot
Views: 941 Posts: 4

2009-06-15 1:07 PM ChrisM

Manhattan Beach Parking

Started by jonathan22
Views: 814 Posts: 2

2007-06-27 3:02 PM ChrisM
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 26, 2013
author : mikericci
comments : 0
If you are a person who feels safer on the trails rather than the road, but you still want to race, this article will help you better train.

date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."
date : April 20, 2009
I'm considering a road frame buildup, what considerations should I take into account when swapping all of my components from my current setup to a new frame?

date : December 27, 2008
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.
date : December 15, 2008
I own both a road bike and a tri bike. I am wondering which bike I should be riding during off season training, or does it matter?

date : December 5, 2007
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
What makes a triathlon bike a triathlon bike? Learn about angles, seating, position, aerobars, and the importance of a proper bike fit.
date : March 6, 2007
author : sportfactory
Bike upgrades to gain speed: better wheelsets, a tri-bike, road bike with aerobars, even getting rid of those love handles before getting that lighter bike.

date : July 30, 2006
author : Valdora Cycles
comments : 8
The triathlon bike vs. road bike quandary. Before you even ask the road bike vs. tri bike question, you should have a couple sprint triathlons or duathlons under your belt.