General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Returning to sport Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-02-25 3:58 PM

User image

Subject: Returning to sport
Returning to sport at age 63. Active sprint distance participant in NJ in 90's. I like to look at a forum..helps to stay motivated. My favorite to do in the sport is a great training brick workout on hot summer day at the Jersey shore.

2015-02-25 7:11 PM
in reply to: NJBIll

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
Subject: RE: Returning to sport
Originally posted by NJBIll

Returning to sport at age 63. Active sprint distance participant in NJ in 90's. I like to look at a forum..helps to stay motivated. My favorite to do in the sport is a great training brick workout on hot summer day at the Jersey shore.

Awesome, welcome back to this fun sport!!! I also love hot summer days, and can't wait for this little mini ice age to be done!

Happy training!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Returning to sport Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Returning to the sport

Started by Shiftracer
Views: 526 Posts: 1

2012-03-26 12:58 PM Shiftracer

New to Site - Returning to Sport after long hiatus

Started by kmacrone
Views: 1029 Posts: 3

2011-05-04 10:37 AM TriAya

New to the sport, any sport

Started by Angusbob
Views: 913 Posts: 2

2009-05-02 3:11 AM Chaderbox

Back in the saddle: Returning to the sport after a 10 year absence

Started by MoquiVA
Views: 704 Posts: 5

2008-02-15 6:08 AM kuota3

Returning to the sport...

Started by Goober
Views: 534 Posts: 4

2006-08-11 9:18 AM shawn barr
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 8, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
A few weeks ago I tore the MCL and ACL in my right knee and the LCL in my left knee in an accident. Can I returned to triathlon? What would that entail?

date : September 20, 2012
comments : 0
Recurrent injuries to the groin are slow to heal, easily re-injured, and will frustrate your training and competition plans. Learn about the diagnosis, anatomy and treatment of sports hernias.
date : November 12, 2010
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
While busy athletes enjoy the ease of using pre-wrapped sports foods, these commercial products tend to be more about convenience than necessity. Here is a listing of various types of sport fuels.

date : August 9, 2010
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 4
As endurance athletes, by definition we must go to our borders to find our center. There is meaning in suffering, we tell ourselves, but not in stupidity.
date : September 25, 2009
I have a torn labrum in the right hip that I'm getting surgery for this Friday. Also the doctor is grinding some bone that caused it to tear. Do you have any good ideas on returning to training?

date : December 31, 2006
author : sportfactory
Is there a point of diminishing returns? At some point, age catches up with us all. In general, as we age, VO2 max decreases, body fat increases, and muscular strength drops off.
date : December 11, 2006
author : Nancy Clark
If you have ever felt confused by the plethora of commercial sports fuels, you are not alone. Runners, cyclists, and other athletes inevitably ask me, "What’s the best energy bar? gel? sports drink?"

date : February 28, 2005
author : rautorino
Does it matter how fast you go? Does it matter if you win? No. It only matters that you tri your best and smile when you cross the finish line.