General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Time for new shoes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-03-01 11:54 PM

Subject: Time for new shoes
So since it seems slow, let’s talk shoes.

I bought mine about 5 years ago. I bought Specialized Tri shoes and I ordered them. The store did not have any to try on so I tried some road shoes and used that size to order the shoes.

Now I was still new to Tri’s and had my “I am going to race every weekend” attitude. Then reality kicked in. So I have these shoes that really do not fit that good. My foot can slide around a little in them. I can push down on the front and there is a space between the front of the shoe and my big toe. My third toe seems to rub on the front of the shoe. If I wear some socks it’s not that bad.

I think I would like to get a proper fitting road shoe. The tri shoe seemed Ok, but being truthful with myself I only do a couple races a year. A few seconds or even a minute in transition is not going to matter that much. I do however enjoy riding my bike, even if I do not race.

So what are the group’s suggestions? There are not any well stocked bike shops around here so I am looking at least a 60 mile one way drive to shop. My budget is in the couple hundred dollar range.

Joe

2015-03-02 6:16 AM
in reply to: #5097199

User image

, North Carolina
Subject: RE: Time for new shoes
Zappos.Com has cycling shoes free shipping both ways. All my stuff usually arrives next day.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Time for new shoes Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

450+ miles...Time to buy new shoes? Pages: 1 2

Started by leftrunner
Views: 2159 Posts: 28

2012-04-28 3:53 AM leftrunner

A bad time for new shoes...?

Started by swishyskirt
Views: 1387 Posts: 16

2008-11-11 5:51 PM griga262

300 miles...time for new shoes???

Started by bballer2tri
Views: 1113 Posts: 6

2006-07-28 3:43 PM vonrunner

Time to get new shoes?

Started by Heddo
Views: 699 Posts: 7

2005-06-21 8:00 AM Comet

New shoes/slower times?

Started by kmhyland
Views: 484 Posts: 1

2004-09-01 8:27 PM kmhyland
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 5, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
So, since my beloved go-to shoe brand has changed its shoe, after reading the bruhaha about the minimalist shoe, I decided to give it a try. Now I have a foot issue with my arch area.

date : May 2, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
A comprehensive look at a controversial trend-- for triathletes like you
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : April 22, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
I got a new pair of the same size / brand of shoes and started running on them. On my left foot, the toe next to the big toe starts to get a little painful and goes numb after the first 1-3 miles.
date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.

date : June 6, 2006
author : TriForrestTri
In order to maintain the rest of our life, we also have to become skilled at time management. Here are a few suggestions for getting workouts in when you can.
date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
2004 Product reviews for stability shoes for neutral foot types