Hello from Wells I'm training for LP Ironman anyone else

2015-03-09 7:59 AM
in reply to: berman77

User image

Veteran
Maine
Subject: RE: Helllo
Welcome to BT!

I did IMLP last year and it was a great race. A fellow club member from the Kennebunk area is training for LP & I'll be up there again this year volunteering. My race plans for this year include IMMT 70.3 & Challenge Maine 70.3 in OOB.
2015-03-11 9:34 AM
in reply to: cdkayak

User image

Thanks for the welcoming. I had a friend do IMLP 2 years ago and I was spectator. I am looking forward to it. I just brought a new 2014 B14 felt, I was on a 2011 felt Zw6 and felt I needed to upgrade. The Ironman is a one and done and than back to half's distance's. I am doing Syracuse for a warm up. Did you do that race before IMLP? How did you feel about the swim at LP?

Lauren
2015-03-12 10:37 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Maine
Nice, another Felt. I've got a B16 & very happy with it. I did the White Mountain tri half as my warm up race last year but knew a few people who did Syracuse due to the package registration deal.

The LP swim was great. It's a time trial start now so not as much of a slugfest in the water unless you try to stay right on the buoy line or cut the turn buoys too close. We had some weather for the beginning of the race last year so it was a bit interesting seeing the sky light up with lightning while swimming.

How is your training going?

Edited by cdkayak 2015-03-12 10:38 AM
2015-03-12 12:22 PM
in reply to: cdkayak

User image

Training is going, I am feeling more and confident. That was a nice tease the last 2 days of nice weather. I wish it was a little warmer so I can try the new bike out today. I am picking it up today but I guess I will fall back to my trainer and my old felt. I love Felt bikes!

How is your training? Are you part of the Kennebunk Tri club?
2015-03-12 3:16 PM
in reply to: berman77

User image

Veteran
Maine
I joined the Kennebunk club in 2012 when I was doing my first sprint. They're a fun group and I've enjoyed having a group to do some OWS with. I don't get to as many of their events or rides as I'd like since I work in Portland but the swims and some of the mini-sprint training tris are good. Are you in any clubs?

I've got a Felt Z85 as well, I picked that up in '12 to do the sprints and Oly that year. Moved up to the B16 the following year & the Z has been a little neglected lately.

Overall the training has been going well, trying to merge plans for the Halfs and a marathon together so we'll see how that goes... Lots of hours on the trainer watching power graphs and movies. Finally made it back to the pool this past weekend too, that felt good.

Yesterday was nice, really surprised me when I went out for lunch.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Helllo Rss Feed