Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Meet The Artist Event Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2015-03-05 10:24 AM

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa
Subject: Meet The Artist Event

I have been asked to do a "Meet the Artist" event which will be this Saturday and then my art work will be available for people to view for the next 6 - 8 weeks.  This is a hobby for me along with playing music and many other things.  Very amazed that I was asked to do something like this, as I am very, very small time and new to the "art" part of metal working.

(Music_02.jpg)

(Meet the artist mailing.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Music_02.jpg (155KB - 11 downloads)
Meet the artist mailing.jpg (76KB - 13 downloads)

2015-03-05 11:18 AM
in reply to: flip18436572

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas
Subject: RE: Meet The Artist Event

Congratulations!  That's cool.

2015-03-05 1:03 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Originally posted by Hook'em

Congratulations!  That's cool.

Thanks.

2015-03-05 4:09 PM

User image

New user
Austin, Texas

Very cool. Love the stand up bass. Congrats!

2015-03-05 9:57 PM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Congrats! I always love to see your art when you post it.
2015-03-06 6:00 AM
in reply to: trijamie

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Originally posted by trijamie

Very cool. Love the stand up bass. Congrats!

Thanks.

Which of the stand up basses do you like better? 

2015-03-06 6:03 AM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Originally posted by ejshowers Congrats! I always love to see your art when you post it.

Thanks, but I was asked to not post pictures of my art as it is not fair to the advertisers of BT.  I am posting this hoping that it is OK, because it is an event and I am not doing this for monetary gain.  People like you have asked me about the art side and that was what I was doing.  A large percentage of my art doesn't get to the public, because my wife gets it first.  :-)

2015-03-06 8:16 AM

User image

New user
Austin, Texas

The left one appeals to me but it may also be because it's easier to see since it's a light color on a dark background. From the picture the one on the right is a little hard to see the details. They're all cool though

2015-03-06 10:07 AM
in reply to: trijamie

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Originally posted by trijamie

The left one appeals to me but it may also be because it's easier to see since it's a light color on a dark background. From the picture the one on the right is a little hard to see the details. They're all cool though

I like that one, because it has more of the full body because of the back wire I made to make it full size with the depth.  The earlier pictures you couldn't see the body very well, so we put a black sheet on top of the stand it is sitting on which holds my actual double bass in my music room.

2015-03-09 8:19 AM

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Here are some pictures from the event.

(music_instrument_display_left.jpg)

(minion1.jpg)

(tree_jewelry_light_display.jpg)

(wabash_wine_bike_display_02.jpg)

(wheeel_clock_02.jpg)

(pendants.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
music_instrument_display_left.jpg (200KB - 12 downloads)
minion1.jpg (92KB - 14 downloads)
tree_jewelry_light_display.jpg (162KB - 11 downloads)
wabash_wine_bike_display_02.jpg (141KB - 11 downloads)
wheeel_clock_02.jpg (131KB - 14 downloads)
pendants.jpg (198KB - 9 downloads)
2015-03-10 4:57 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Colorado
Bronze member
Originally posted by flip18436572

Originally posted by ejshowers Congrats! I always love to see your art when you post it.

Thanks, but I was asked to not post pictures of my art as it is not fair to the advertisers of BT.  I am posting this hoping that it is OK, because it is an event and I am not doing this for monetary gain.  People like you have asked me about the art side and that was what I was doing.  A large percentage of my art doesn't get to the public, because my wife gets it first.  :-)

"Thanks, but I was asked to not post pictures of my art as it is not fair to the advertisers of BT" --- What? I thought the purpose of this site was to connect personally with like-minded people, and part of that involves sharing our other hobbies, pasttimes and work. No wonder the numbers here are dwindling...

2015-03-11 5:47 AM
in reply to: smarti

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Originally posted by smarti
Originally posted by flip18436572

"Thanks, but I was asked to not post pictures of my art as it is not fair to the advertisers of BT" --- What? I thought the purpose of this site was to connect personally with like-minded people, and part of that involves sharing our other hobbies, pasttimes and work. No wonder the numbers here are dwindling...

It was because it was not fair that I was "selling" things here.  I have tri pendants, swim pendants, run pendants and bike pendants that I only put in the classifieds section near Christmas for sale.  Other than that I show a picture here and there of something new I made, but only the stuff that is already sold, or in this case, it was an event and showing the display and not trying to sell anything.  I would guess that an advertiser saw one of my pieces and someone asked how much or something similar and then it became an issue.  Not a big deal.  And yes, I think the numbers are going down and the number of people that used to be on here all the time are either not logging in anymore, or just viewing certain things and getting back out.  I am probably one of those as I used to check quite often, but between my full time job, my hobby in art and music, there isn't much time for other places.  I have let my ETSY store go to almost empty, because I haven't had time to work on it lately.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Meet The Artist Event Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Calling amatuer photogs, artists, designers and writers.

Started by jdwright56
Views: 604 Posts: 1

2008-12-29 1:51 PM jdwright56

Bands (artists) you hate that aren't "cool" to hate

Started by Frank in St. Louis
Views: 1240 Posts: 17

2008-05-08 8:03 PM Angrysalad68

Austin, Tx- know of a good tat artist?

Started by TriVeggies
Views: 648 Posts: 4

2007-12-13 3:54 PM mdg2003

what kind of artist should you be?

Started by autumn
Views: 555 Posts: 14

2007-02-07 6:01 PM scmikasa

any artists?

Started by vortmax
Views: 615 Posts: 8

2006-05-15 7:29 PM vortmax
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 11, 2007
author : Cinci41
comments : 1
My thinking was that with three events, I could vary my training enough so it wouldn't grow stale prior to seeing positive results and finding the additional motivation I needed to continue training.

date : October 4, 2006
author : IRONVIKING
comments : 0
I was filled with anticipation for this event, as it was the first in what I hoped would be many triathlons, and I had no idea how I'd do.
date : June 5, 2006
author : mikericci
How should I go about training for the marathon while also building base in the other two events? Doing this seems like it's causing me to break the 10% rule in running.

date : May 1, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 1
Topics include Ironman training, nutrition, focus weeks, balance, running form, SPL, powermeter, coaching and minimal training time for events.
date : January 29, 2006
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 2
You can spend a small fortune on these pre-wrapped bundles of energy, thinking they offer magic ingredients-not true. “Energy” simply means “provides calories” and not “will make you feel energetic."

date : November 27, 2005
author : acbadger
comments : 2
Know that base training is not a component of training that is going to necessarily make you faster, but it will make you stronger and give you more endurance to last through the longer races.
date : July 31, 2005
author : Mottyl
comments : 6
I had read the articles on BT, I'd trained, and I thought I had prepared. There were, however, a few things that I didn't internalize despite what I'd been told.

date : January 24, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Your training schedule should be based completely on the hours you have available to train, not necessarily on the number of hours you "need" to train.