General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Big and Tall Tri suit Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-03-11 12:40 AM

Subject: Big and Tall Tri suit
Anyone have any recommendations on where to find reasonably priced tri suits? 3xl or 4xl.

2015-03-11 3:08 PM
in reply to: Duck

User image

Veteran
Edmonton, AB
Subject: RE: Big and Tall Tri suit
All the best big guy stuff I've found on Aerotech designs. Always loved their stuff

http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/triathlon-suits.html
2015-03-13 11:59 AM
in reply to: #5099718

Thanks. I just ordered a suit from them. Had contemplated just wearing bike shorts and a Jersey, but the shorts almost always roll down due to my belly. I prefer bibs, but couldn't figure out how that would work in the swim.
2015-03-14 1:58 AM

User image

Regular
Houston, Texas
X2 on aero tech gear.

I found 2XU fit over my belly fine and didn't come out of my shorts when tucked in. No one wants to see me in a "mani-kini"
2015-03-16 11:59 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
I know my Zoot top really covers by big belly and I am 6'6" with a tall body.
2015-03-16 1:03 PM
in reply to: Fatboy32

User image

Across the river from Memphis, Tennessee
I'm kind of torn between a singlet and a tri short/bike jersey combo.

The thing that worries me about the singlet is my size. 38" waist put me in an XL, but with my thighs, a 2XL would probably be better... my 48" chest puts me... off the chart

The only thing I'm worried about with the Short/Jersey combo is my Dunlop issue (My belly Dunlop'd over my belt...). Although if I can get back on track and stay there, I may go from a truck tire to a compact car tire by June. Do they make jerseys that are longer than normal? If my legs matched my upper body I'd be 6'1" and not 5'9". Of course, another advantage to this combo would be swimming with no top, thus gaining me an advantage in the water while people laugh themselves into unconsciousness, or completely disable them due to illness...

2015-03-16 5:55 PM
in reply to: #5100507

That's why I chose a singlet. I use bibs and a Jersey when I ride to handle the Dunlop issue as you put it. But couldn't figure how to make the bibs work in a swim. Maybe bibs with a tri top would work. My main concern was added drag from the pockets.
2015-05-16 10:16 PM
in reply to: WebFootFreak

User image

Originally posted by WebFootFreak

I'm kind of torn between a singlet and a tri short/bike jersey combo.

The thing that worries me about the singlet is my size. 38" waist put me in an XL, but with my thighs, a 2XL would probably be better... my 48" chest puts me... off the chart

The only thing I'm worried about with the Short/Jersey combo is my Dunlop issue (My belly Dunlop'd over my belt...). Although if I can get back on track and stay there, I may go from a truck tire to a compact car tire by June. Do they make jerseys that are longer than normal? If my legs matched my upper body I'd be 6'1" and not 5'9". Of course, another advantage to this combo would be swimming with no top, thus gaining me an advantage in the water while people laugh themselves into unconsciousness, or completely disable them due to illness...

I wore a sugoi rpm tri suit in my sprit today. Felt great! I have a 48 chest and a 44 waist. Yes I looked a bit like an egg, but no mankini coming out of the pool. Size xxl. Is tight fitting
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Big and Tall Tri suit Rss Feed