General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi, from Australia.. Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-03-20 8:50 PM

Subject: Hi, from Australia..
Hi,
I am new to triathlons. I have competed in one and have my second sprint tomorrow! Since i was 16 i have trained in mainly gym work, running and generally staying fit.
In the last few years i have mainly been running and signed up for my first half marathon this year too. Shortly after getting more competative with my running, my eyes where opened to Triathlons, and i took part in my first one. I am enjoying the variety of training and enjoyed purchasing my first entry level bike a Trek Lexa! I do find it difficult to fit all my training in with working full time and having an hour commute to and from work and kids and hubby. I wake at 4am most mornings to fit in the hardest of the training and in the afternoons swim or just walk the dogs. I am still criticing my training plan and constantly trying to find what works best for me, so as i do not get injured or over trained. I am very aware of my own body and can often feel when i am over trained or not eating enough. I find it difficult still trying to fit in my long runs with the triathlon training and also strength seems to get left behind.
This year i think i am just going to stick to sprints and get better at swimming and biking. Next year i would like to do olymipc distance and see where that takes me before i think of half iron mans and iron mans... would like to run more half and fulls first.
I would like to use this site to meet other triathletes and be able to get information about products, training and general traithlon stuff.
Thanks everyone look forward to meeting you all.
Courtney

2015-03-20 9:46 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Great White North
Subject: RE: Hi, from Australia..
Good luck!

What kind of aussie are you??? I thought you were all fish :-)

Edited by simpsonbo 2015-03-20 9:46 PM
2015-03-21 1:11 PM
in reply to: cutnie

User image

Regular
Welcome. I started with the same life-cycle. Mainly weights at my young age, then got into running, then Triath's. Tri's are by far the best imo. Good luck. Welcome to the discussion
2015-03-21 8:00 PM
in reply to: cutnie

User image

Regular
Grand Junction, Colorado
Get After It…. Cheers
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi, from Australia.. Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Hi from Australia

Started by r4ndll
Views: 659 Posts: 4

2012-12-03 10:27 PM r4ndll

Hi I'm from Sydney, Australia

Started by misspink
Views: 815 Posts: 6

2009-08-01 2:03 PM kiwi4j

Hi from Bunbury Australia

Started by spinamatic
Views: 644 Posts: 2

2009-03-08 1:10 AM kaqphin

Hi from Sydney Australia

Started by P Mcleod
Views: 1059 Posts: 10

2007-08-02 4:14 PM P Mcleod

Hi from Melbourne Australia

Started by anturtle
Views: 609 Posts: 8

2006-07-11 9:57 AM drewb8
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 27, 2005
author : KevinKonczak
comments : 0
Discussion including HIM's, heart-rate monitors, water running, TT's, high kicks, hi vs low volume training and nutrition for weight loss.

date : December 27, 2004
author : trilover
Interview with three-time Ironman World Champion Peter Reid
date : November 14, 2004
author : Akuma
I am 28 now, hardly an old crony, but life in busy Sydney Australia has meant my belly is softer than the excuses I use to convince myself I am in good shape.