General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hills in Dayton? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-03-24 9:34 AM

User image

Regular
, Ohio
Subject: Hills in Dayton?
I live in Dayton (near Huber) and am racing IM Louisville this year. I want to start adding hill workouts to my bike session and am curious if anyone knows/rides of any good hills that are safe to bike on in the area?

2016-04-12 1:24 PM
in reply to: lanzodt

Subject: RE: Hills in Dayton?
Oakwood, Ohio has some great hills and is a fairly safe community in which to ride. Road / Area recommendations include: Hills & Dales Park, Thruston, Runnymede, S. Patterson Blvd, Deep Hollow, Shafor, In West Kettering, I recommend: Big Hill, Winding Way, & Blossum Heath. That should get you started. You could combine these courses to get a great hill workout.
2016-05-13 9:25 AM

User image

Taylorsville Dam on the bike path in Huber is nice hill. Not the biggest around here, but should be conveniently located for you.
2016-08-03 10:51 AM

Bellbrook is a bowl of sorts. You can go up and down each side. Feedwire to main st./upper bellbrook through town and then up waynesville which is the same road.

you can do that up and down 725 as it runs through Bellbrook.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hills in Dayton? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Looking for some advice on Bike Repair/Rental in Dayton/Nasty Nati

Started by dtjunkie
Views: 1306 Posts: 4

2009-05-13 6:08 PM nthomas1999

Flying Pig- Dayton Area runners?

Started by bananatoes
Views: 993 Posts: 1

2008-12-26 9:01 AM bananatoes

Dayton Cincy Area Folks

Started by bananatoes
Views: 1505 Posts: 5

2008-06-29 7:25 PM daisy2908

Bike Fitting around Cincy - Dayton

Started by acsdesign
Views: 1231 Posts: 4

2007-09-05 9:00 PM acsdesign

Where to practice? Dayton-Cincy

Started by jpdanis
Views: 1012 Posts: 3

2007-07-17 9:29 AM Mimir98
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 20, 2007
comments : 0
I struggled on the bike while climbing the hill portions of the course. I do fine on long straight rides but really have a tough time while hill climbing. Any advice or training tips?

date : April 2, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on muscular endurance training, transitioning between distances, big hill training and bricks.
date : March 5, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
When we get ready to train or race, we have a pretty fixed set of thoughts. We are unaware of how they affect our racing.

date : March 5, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussion on tapering, treadmill workout, long run issues, insituting run/walk, surrounded by hills and knowing your LT.
date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 2
I’m terrified of biking hills and the triathlon I am registered for has several hills…on AND off road!! I’m willing to do whatever it takes to finish this triathlon. Any guidance?

date : July 5, 2005
author : dara
It makes no sense to train hard for a year to hone that aerobic system only to have all that training undermined by a few anaerobic bursts on race day. So, how do you go about it?
date : January 24, 2005
author : Don Magie
A better bike is not the answer to meeting your performance goals. I mean if you gave Nike running shoes to a tortoise would he move any faster?

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
How to fit in a running workout in 30 minutes or less for a busy lifestyle