Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2015-05-08 6:53 AM
in reply to: jldicarlo

Master
Memphis, TN
Subject: RE: Survivor?
That was a pretty good episode. Look like Mama C is ready to play and may be peaking at the right time especially if she can keep Sierra close.

I watched the Ponderosa video of Tyler going and he was pretty cool about it overall. I think he knew a big target was on his back.

Yet, Shiri made sure it was all about her and her relationships with men. I know that Survivor puts these contestants through all sorts of psychological tests to make sure they can handle it and see what they might do as far as their personalities but she seems like she should have never made it on the show with all of her background issues. Her situation could have ended up really bad.

And she's annoying.

And if I hear from Rodney one more time it's his birthday, I'm going to lose it. What is he 12? Go for a swim in the ocean and get over it. Just and angry little man.

2015-05-09 12:39 PM
in reply to: Jtiger

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Originally posted by Jtiger That was a pretty good episode. Look like Mama C is ready to play and may be peaking at the right time especially if she can keep Sierra close. I watched the Ponderosa video of Tyler going and he was pretty cool about it overall. I think he knew a big target was on his back. Yet, Shiri made sure it was all about her and her relationships with men. I know that Survivor puts these contestants through all sorts of psychological tests to make sure they can handle it and see what they might do as far as their personalities but she seems like she should have never made it on the show with all of her background issues. Her situation could have ended up really bad. And she's annoying. And if I hear from Rodney one more time it's his birthday, I'm going to lose it. What is he 12? Go for a swim in the ocean and get over it. Just and angry little man.

I think they made the right choice last night.  Tyler was a threat so they got rid of a threat and flushed an idol.  They know Dan is not an immunity threat so they probably figure they can get him out "next time".

I feel bad for Shirin.  She obviously does have issues and the edit is not being kind to her.  I can only imagine how painful watching these episodes and interviews with other cast members will be for her.  I don't think she is a "danger", hence why the psych tests and whatnot wouldn't have flagged her.  I just think she has been deeply affected by her upbringing.

Rodney did overreact to the birthday thing...

2015-05-09 12:39 PM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Originally posted by jldicarlo

Originally posted by Jtiger That was a pretty good episode. Look like Mama C is ready to play and may be peaking at the right time especially if she can keep Sierra close. I watched the Ponderosa video of Tyler going and he was pretty cool about it overall. I think he knew a big target was on his back. Yet, Shiri made sure it was all about her and her relationships with men. I know that Survivor puts these contestants through all sorts of psychological tests to make sure they can handle it and see what they might do as far as their personalities but she seems like she should have never made it on the show with all of her background issues. Her situation could have ended up really bad. And she's annoying. And if I hear from Rodney one more time it's his birthday, I'm going to lose it. What is he 12? Go for a swim in the ocean and get over it. Just and angry little man.

I think they made the right choice last night.  Tyler was a threat so they got rid of a threat and flushed an idol.  They know Dan is not an immunity threat so they probably figure they can get him out "next time".

I feel bad for Shirin.  She obviously does have issues and the edit is not being kind to her.  I can only imagine how painful watching these episodes and interviews with other cast members will be for her.  I don't think she is a "danger", hence why the psych tests and whatnot wouldn't have flagged her.  I just think she has been deeply affected by her upbringing.

Rodney did overreact to the birthday thing...

Oh, and yeah...Mama C is probably gonna win this thing now....

2015-05-09 2:26 PM

User image

Elite

Rodney is the entertainment dram contestant. Idiot. Probably will be taken to end. No chance of winning. the birthday rant probably sealed it. Ya, get over it. It's a day.

Mama C is playing to win and has a strong case/chance.

"IF" Mike makes it to the end... so does he. I don't see that happening. At times is is a real idiot. But other times, has done some very good game play. Last tribal and this one he made some very good moves. But he will be gone first chance they get. Maybe this week. you know he is going to be looking for the idol like a crack head looking for specs of white.

Tyler was a threat. He had to go. Not much sympathy for Sherin. The rest are still alive. I'm bummed Jen is out. she was the only cool one.

2015-05-13 9:19 PM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Another well-played idol...negated Dan's advantage (well, he did that himself by reading the vote wrong) and kept herself in the game.

I cannot believe that reward challenge went on so long...never seen a puzzle take that long!

Mike and Carolyn are definitely the players to beat...both cannot win immunity next time so one of them will be out.

Rodney and Sierra are the gimmes to take to the final 3 (or one of them if it is final 2).  

Finale next week.  Then maybe I can start getting things done again.  Lots of my shows have finales soon so I will stop being distracted!

2015-05-14 10:21 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

What is the deal with Sierra's eyebrows? looks like there is a black line drawn in and then her eyebrows over it???

Dan!  That look on his face was priceless. I think some of the tribals on this season have been the best in a long time!

2015-05-15 7:36 AM
in reply to: jford2309

Master
Memphis, TN
Dan was clueless in this game. I watched his Ponderosa video and he was still clueless. I'm pulling for Mike or Mama C. They seem to be playing the game unlike Sierra, Will and Rodney.

2015-05-15 8:02 PM
in reply to: Jtiger

Sooooooooooo glad Dan is gone, the look on that saggy a$$ man boobie face was priceless. the other two were like WHAT she has a idol..best eposide so far this season, IMHO
Joe
2015-05-21 9:13 AM
in reply to: Puppetmaster

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

I am glad Mike won and I am surprised Mama C didn't get more votes.  Mike deserved to win though...he played HARD.  I just think Mama C had some good moves and thought she would get more respect for keeping the idol a secret.

Rodney is clueless.

Will is an idiot.

Shirin seriously needs to try to put her past behind her.  It's one thing to understand how your past affects your reactions and personality and whatnot...it's another thing entirely to let it overshadow your whole life.

Jeff spent WAY too much time dealing with Dan in the finale.  And too much time on Shirin.  There are other players I would have liked to hear from.

I am surprised Shirin was voted into second chances.

The only castaway I really didn't agree with was Ciera.  Oh my goodness I just remember thinking that she and her mother were SO SO SO annoying.

I think I am okay with everyone else and very happy that a lot of the early-season folks made it.

2015-05-22 6:36 AM

Master
Memphis, TN
Very happy with the outcome. I'm usually pulling for the underdog and Mike was the underdog pretty much since the merge when Rodney's clueless game targeted him. Will never had a chance because he didn't play. Mama C was strong in challenges but she didn't really make a move until it was to late, IMO.

Dan was a jerk on the jury. I hope they never ask him to come back.

So far the cast for next season looks interesting and it was an interesting concept of not having All-Stars but second chances. Can't wait to see how Chaos Kass plays it this time.
2015-05-22 7:02 AM

I am glad Mike won and I am surprised Mama C didn't get more votes.  Mike deserved to win though...he played HARD.  I just think Mama C had some good moves and thought she would get more respect for keeping the idol a secret.

Rodney is clueless.

Will is an idiot.

Shirin seriously needs to try to put her past behind her.  It's one thing to understand how your past affects your reactions and personality and whatnot...it's another thing entirely to let it overshadow your whole life.

Jeff spent WAY too much time dealing with Dan in the finale.  And too much time on Shirin.  There are other players I would have liked to hear from.

The only castaway I really didn't agree with was Ciera.  Oh my goodness I just remember thinking that she and her mother were SO SO SO annoying.

I think I am okay with everyone else and very happy that a lot of the early-season folks made it.

You know the one I wanted to see was the women that kept winning and at one point she was the only one in her tribe. Oh and the other one I really wanted to see come back was The women that was a Barista and she finally organized the women t vote off the men. She almost pulled it off and then one of them flipped.....I think it was Amy or Kimmie

2015-05-22 9:18 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Finally got to watch the reunion part of the show last night. 2 things confirmed:

1. Rodney has no clue...whatsoever.  I am shocked that he really thought he would have won if he had been on the final three.

2. Once voted off, be careful what you say in the press. I got a feeling that Jeff P was wicked pizzed at the comments Dan made, and I was glad to see him shut him down. Dan is a fool and I honestly felt sorry for him when on his exit he said that one of the things he wanted to accomplish was "to be remembered". That's sad.

2015-05-22 11:11 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Elite
Spokane, WA

I agree that Mike deserved to win, and I'm happy with that result. Also agree that Rodney, Dan, and Will came across looking like idiots. 

I do have mixed emotions about bringing the cast back from previous seasons. I understand that it probably brings back some fans who want to see that, but I prefer new blood. I know how hard it is to get cast, so it's probably discouraging to those who really want a chance. In any event, they've got a winning formula for an entertaining show and I'm glad to see it keep running. 

2015-05-22 11:37 AM
in reply to: zed707

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I was addicted to survivor - even last season - but for some reason, never started this season and never missed it.  BUT, now I wish I kept up.  It is a good show.

2015-05-22 7:03 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Elite
Originally posted by Kido

I was addicted to survivor - even last season - but for some reason, never started this season and never missed it.  BUT, now I wish I kept up.  It is a good show.

Wow man, you lucked out. Of all seasons to miss, this was the best one to miss in my opinion.
Yes, I was glad Mike won...he totally deserved it.

But, how telling is it when the very last words uttered by Jeff Probst that night before signing off were, "Thank you Survivor fans for continuing to watch...even when you don't like the contestants." (or something to that effect).

MAN did the casting company screw up this season.

2015-05-29 1:15 PM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Originally posted by Puppetmaster

Rodney is clueless.

Will is an idiot.

You know the one I wanted to see was the women that kept winning and at one point she was the only one in her tribe. Oh and the other one I really wanted to see come back was The women that was a Barista and she finally organized the women t vote off the men. She almost pulled it off and then one of them flipped.....I think it was Amy or Kimmie

Oh, I remember the one member tribe...

I don't remember the barista though.

2015-05-29 2:19 PM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy
Originally posted by Kido

Wow man, you lucked out. Of all seasons to miss, this was the best one to miss in my opinion. Yes, I was glad Mike won...he totally deserved it. But, how telling is it when the very last words uttered by Jeff Probst that night before signing off were, "Thank you Survivor fans for continuing to watch...even when you don't like the contestants." (or something to that effect). MAN did the casting company screw up this season.

I actually thought this was a pretty good season. I thought the tribal councils were great because you never really knew what was going to happen! I also did not think there was ever a true front runner throughout the season, so even though I did not like most of the players, I still thought it was pretty good!

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Survivor heroes vs villains.....Surviving Survivor

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 989 Posts: 2

2010-02-04 11:12 PM jldicarlo

Survivor: I vote for Dani Pages: 1 2

Started by oipolloi
Views: 1820 Posts: 33

2005-12-12 1:51 PM KSlostStar

Survivor Panama again

Views: 808 Posts: 7

2005-11-18 2:01 PM Tania

Survivor Guatemala Pages: 1 2

Views: 2288 Posts: 35

2005-10-14 1:54 PM Sassafras

Survivor (the CBS show) - question for you all...

Started by toppings17
Views: 1234 Posts: 3

2004-05-12 5:28 PM toppings17
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 25, 2011
author : debihake
comments : 14
Overcoming many injuries, cancer and FEAR to compete in a triathlon

date : October 4, 2006
author : dleii
comments : 0
At some point I remember thinking about the movie CAPE FEAR. This is what it seemed like when I was around a lot of people. It was just a lot of commotion of waves, arms and feet.