What happened to the survivor thread?

2015-03-29 6:30 PM
in reply to: Puppetmaster

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Survivor?
Originally posted by Puppetmaster

What happened to the survivor thread?

I think the thread got voted off last tribal council.

So far it's been just okay. Hopefully things get more interesting soon.
  • ..and no, I'm not bitter just because there's no eye candy this season.
  • 2015-03-31 6:07 PM
    in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Sensei
    Sin City

I didn't know it started..  Dang.

They didn't advertise at all, or I didn't notice it.

2015-04-02 7:34 AM
    in reply to: Kido

Master
    Memphis, TN
    So far it's been a decent but not great season.

Rodney is pretty funny to watch when things don't go his way
    2015-04-15 4:24 PM
    in reply to: Jtiger

User image

Champion
    Evergreen, Colorado

I think Jen's idol play was awesome.  Good read.  I am surprised she wasn't targeted the next vote...they went after Haley instead.

There are definitely some interesting characters this season...

2015-04-15 9:00 PM
    in reply to: Kido

User image

Elite
    Originally posted by Kido

If they didn't advertise it, I can see why.
    The casting director might need to be fired.
    At some point, it's helpful to actually have likable participants.
    Seriously, it's hard for me to remember a less likable and less interesting cast.

2015-04-16 7:36 AM

Master
    Memphis, TN
    Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

If they didn't advertise it, I can see why.
    The casting director might need to be fired.
    At some point, it's helpful to actually have likable participants.
    Seriously, it's hard for me to remember a less likable and less interesting cast.

So far there is nobody on this season I want to see on all-stars.

It's okay but pretty boring.

2015-04-16 7:44 AM

User image

Master
    Englewood, Florida

If they didn't advertise it, I can see why. The casting director might need to be fired. At some point, it's helpful to actually have likable participants. Seriously, it's hard for me to remember a less likable and less interesting cast.

The only thing I find interesting is how much they dislike one another. And that is minimally interesting.

2015-04-16 9:42 AM
    in reply to: cdban66

User image

Pro
    Bartlett, TN

I will say that last night was the most real looking fake immunity idol ever! I was so hoping it would work!

2015-04-16 3:19 PM
    in reply to: jford2309

User image

Champion
    Evergreen, Colorado

Originally posted by jford2309

I will say that last night was the most real looking fake immunity idol ever! I was so hoping it would work!

Didn't stand a chance...he gave it to someone that has a real one so that guy KNEW it was a fake.

I am trying to figure Jen out...is she really faking this "I want to leave" stuff or what?  I mean, she pulled off one of the best moves this season and now she wants to leave?  I'm so confuuuuuuuuuuuuused!

2015-04-16 9:30 PM
    in reply to: jldicarlo

User image

Elite
    Originally posted by jldicarlo

Didn't stand a chance...he gave it to someone that has a real one so that guy KNEW it was a fake.

I am trying to figure Jen out...is she really faking this "I want to leave" stuff or what?  I mean, she pulled off one of the best moves this season and now she wants to leave?  I'm so confuuuuuuuuuuuuused!

Don't be confused. She's just another pathetic loser who knows she's got no numbers and no chance. (might I add no game)
    There's no angle. She's not actively quitting. She's passively quitting. It's like a person who is lying via omission...they aren't technically lying...but may as well call a spade a spade.
    Joe was the last (only?) compelling person on the show in my opinion.

• ..and yes, that fake idol was really nice. Joe does that for a living, so yeah, he's a talented fellow. Dude's hair was reminding me of Troy Polamalu's in the Head and Shoulders commercial.

• I still go back to likability. I'm waiting to see it...how is it possible that they're all so unlikable?

2015-04-17 6:26 AM
    in reply to: 0

User image

Official BT Coach
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Gold member

Jen's idol play a couple weeks ago was one of the most brilliant moves I have ever seen on Survivor.  Now she wants to leave?  I don't think she wants to "leave" per-se.  The "I want to leave" dialog didn't start until Hali was voted off.  Did anyone else notice all the non-verbal cues between Hali and Jen when Hali came in at the beginning of Tribal? 

Haven't seen looks like that since Rob and Amber.

Jen doesn't want to quit because she would go home, however if she is voted off, she goes to the jury and is re-united with Hali. 

As to the cast of characters.  I remember back when there was always a contestant I wanted to win.  The last couple seasons, it was more, I don't want "insert name here" to win.  This year, after I have gone through the list of all the people I don't want to win, there is nobody left - so maybe they should just send me the check???

Edited by k9car363 2015-04-17 6:29 AM
    2015-04-17 9:29 AM
    in reply to: k9car363

Master
    Memphis, TN
    Joe was the epitome of "you're to big of a threat"

He was a killer in all the challenges and that is dangerous. Got to take him out when you have the chance and he seems like a nice guy you would want to give $1 million to.

Dan on the other had is an absolute moron. Maybe his plan is to of everyone just to make it to the finals since nobody would give him the money. Rodney is immature but he knows when to keep his mouth shut.

His impression of Mike was spot on.

It seems like the "white collar" are lining up with the "blue collar" because they think they can control them like in the business world.

I watched Joe's video going to the Ponderosa. Hopefully he makes All-Stars. I've never seen anyone that loved the game so much.

2015-04-17 11:41 AM

User image

Originally posted by Puppetmaster What happened to the survivor thread?
    I think the thread got voted off last tribal council. So far it's been just okay. Hopefully things get more interesting soon. ...and no, I'm not bitter just because there's no eye candy this season.

Yes, when Sierra is the best option, you know it's a bad season

2015-04-21 3:32 PM

User image

Champion
    Evergreen, Colorado

Don't be confused. She's just another pathetic loser who knows she's got no numbers and no chance. (might I add no game) There's no angle. She's not actively quitting. She's passively quitting. It's like a person who is lying via omission...they aren't technically lying...but may as well call a spade a spade. Joe was the last (only?) compelling person on the show in my opinion. ...and yes, that fake idol was really nice. Joe does that for a living, so yeah, he's a talented fellow. Dude's hair was reminding me of Troy Polamalu's in the Head and Shoulders commercial. I still go back to likability. I'm waiting to see it...how is it possible that they're all so unlikable?

I want Joe's hair....

2015-04-24 9:34 AM

Master
    Memphis, TN
    Pretty good episode.

I can't express how much I hate most of these players.

Mamma C
    Rodney
    Dan

are all playing really mean and vindictive.

I watched the Ponderosa video with Jenn and she said we don't see 3/4 of the "personal" attacks.

I get playing the game but this is an immature bunch. Hopefully none of this bunch comes back for any All-Stars except for Joe. He was such a physical threat they had to get rid of him.

Tyler seems to be playing it pretty well.

2015-04-24 9:54 AM

User image

Champion
    Evergreen, Colorado

Yeah, many of these players seem to be ruthless jerks.

The three players currently on Ponderosa seem quite cozy together...

Next week looks interesting...people go digging in Dan's bag.  Personally I feel like your bag ought to be the one inviolable item in the game...I do not understand why the rules do not preclude violating other people's bags...

Par for the course for this group though....again, ruthless jerks.

The food auction was lame...it's gotten too predictable.  Even with the whole "first person gets sent back to camp" thing it was lame.  They didn't actually bid on things because they were waiting for an advantage.  Next season I'd like to see them just not have an advantage so lots of people go hungry and also don't get an advantage....

2015-04-24 2:21 PM

User image

Master
    Englewood, Florida

Or do the advantage as the covered unknown item first. Or has that been done?

2015-04-24 8:51 PM
    in reply to: cdban66

I have seen every eposide since the firts one. This is the first season since the Africa time that I am really thinking they jumped the shark
    2015-04-27 8:34 AM
    in reply to: Puppetmaster

Master
    Memphis, TN

I have seen every eposide since the firts one. This is the first season since the Africa time that I am really thinking they jumped the shark

I agree. The concept was interesting but they have done the separation of people based on race and gender before now with economic class.

It really just doesn't work out.

Maybe they need to start bringing returning players again.

2015-04-27 3:16 PM

User image

Elite
    Originally posted by Jtiger

I agree. The concept was interesting but they have done the separation of people based on race and gender before now with economic class.

It really just doesn't work out.

Maybe they need to start bringing returning players again.

In my opinion, either the head of casting was fooled into thinking they had a good balance of attractive, quirky, interesting, Macchiavellian, nerdy, heart of gold, conniving, naive, and borderline insane people...(these are tried and true reality tv home runs if put together with the right balance).
  • ..or, they just got really stupid and thought a majority of unlikable, cutthroat players was somehow going to be enjoyable to the viewers.

• Cue Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons, "Worst Season Everrr..."

2015-04-28 12:58 PM

User image

Pro
    Bartlett, TN

I agree that I really do not like anyone particular on this season, but I will also say that I do not really see a true front runner either. I have no idea what will happen on this season and who will be in the final three.

2015-04-29 7:39 AM
    in reply to: jford2309

Master
    Memphis, TN
    I think it's really going to come down to the jury. What kind of game do they respect? Is it the cut throat win at all costs because it's a game or will they take some of this personal and go for who they like the best?

If it's win at all costs you have to give it to Will, Rodney, or Carolyn

If it's the likable award for those that haven't seemed to play as nasty then Tyler or Sierra possibly.

Jenn's footage after she left the game to the ponderosa was interesting. She said that as it stood she was voting for Tyler.

An interview later she said that the edit only included a quarter of all the really nasty stuff. I'm not understanding why Will is being so personal with people and Dan being so BAD at talking to people.

Shirin does come off like a person that might get on your nerves but seems like a good, decent person based on the edit and they are picking on her like a schoolyard bully.

2015-04-30 12:11 PM

Master
    Memphis, TN
    Okay this finally got better when Mike won immunity and sort of played the idol. It didn't workout completely like he wanted and Shiri still there but he broke their alliance with the Russian Roulette play.

Looks like everyone knows Tyler is the winner if he goes to the end and Rodney won't admit it.

Will still sucks. Whey not apologize to Shiri after what he did? It doesn't cost anything. If anything he cost himself a chance at $1 million. I don't think I've ever seen someone so personal in this game. Russell Hantz played cold but he kept it all related to the game and never brought up personal stuff. When you make Russell Hantz look good, you know you're a scumbag.

I'd love to see Dan in the final just to see his argument for getting the $1 million then his answers to the questions. Not nearly as slick as he thinks he is.

Sierra might have a chance. It doesn't seem like she has severely pissed anyone off.

2015-05-01 10:18 AM

User image

Champion
    Evergreen, Colorado

Originally posted by Jtiger Okay this finally got better when Mike won immunity and sort of played the idol. It didn't workout completely like he wanted and Shiri still there but he broke their alliance with the Russian Roulette play. Looks like everyone knows Tyler is the winner if he goes to the end and Rodney won't admit it. Will still sucks. Whey not apologize to Shiri after what he did? It doesn't cost anything. If anything he cost himself a chance at $1 million. I don't think I've ever seen someone so personal in this game. Russell Hantz played cold but he kept it all related to the game and never brought up personal stuff. When you make Russell Hantz look good, you know you're a scumbag. I'd love to see Dan in the final just to see his argument for getting the $1 million then his answers to the questions. Not nearly as slick as he thinks he is. Sierra might have a chance. It doesn't seem like she has severely pissed anyone off.

At first I thought Mike was kind of dumb for not playing the idol and getting rid of Tyler but then I thought about it and realized he needs to save it for the time he doesn't win immunity.  At least he did prove to the alliance that things are not as tight as they seem.

The personal attacks this season are ridiculous.

No more "easy kills".  Maybe it will finally get interesting?  Carolyn still has an idol that no one else knows about.

Oh, and what a dirty play by Tyler looking in Dan's bag.  I wonder what he told them the advantage was??? You know they asked...

New Thread
    Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Survivor heroes vs villains.....Surviving Survivor

Started by BellinghamSpence
    Views: 989 Posts: 2

2010-02-04 11:12 PM jldicarlo

Survivor: I vote for Dani Pages: 1 2

Started by oipolloi
    Views: 1820 Posts: 33

2005-12-12 1:51 PM KSlostStar

Survivor Panama again

Views: 808 Posts: 7

2005-11-18 2:01 PM Tania

Survivor Guatemala Pages: 1 2

Views: 2288 Posts: 35

2005-10-14 1:54 PM Sassafras

Survivor (the CBS show) - question for you all...

Started by toppings17
    Views: 1234 Posts: 3

2004-05-12 5:28 PM toppings17
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : May 25, 2011
    author : debihake
    comments : 14
    Overcoming many injuries, cancer and FEAR to compete in a triathlon

date : October 4, 2006
    author : dleii
    comments : 0
    At some point I remember thinking about the movie CAPE FEAR. This is what it seemed like when I was around a lot of people. It was just a lot of commotion of waves, arms and feet.