General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » 5 Year Tri Vet saying HELLO Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-04-10 11:49 AM

User image

Subject: 5 Year Tri Vet saying HELLO
Hi, I visited Beginner Triathlete when I first started training for and competing in triathlons five years ago! This Website is an amazing resource of information and the tri community is very supportive!

In 2010 I weighed 195 lbs and by race day, I was down to 155lbs. Over the next five years life has been a struggle, but triathlons have kept me focus on a passion that brings the best out of me. At this point in my growth as a triathlete, I find myself in the early stages of starting a triathlon and endurance performance company. Engross yourself in something you love and take advantage of all the big and small opportunities presented to you.

In my youth, I was a very active individual and my parents could not keep me from being outside playing sports, practicing my swing, throwing a football or organizing team events among the neighborhood kids. Throughout my life until my late twenties I was involved in a physical activity; five years of karate, fifteen years of baseball, five years of football, three years of running track and I started strength training nineteen years ago with other like minded athletes. Being physically active in a competitive environment is where I'm at my best and I find myself motivating others to do their best, improve their well being by improving their mental and physical strength. It's in finding my passion and understanding myself as a motivator, coach and athlete that I can help others find their fitness passion in life and grow into the athlete they envision.

In 2010 I also found myself a father of a two year old and I had chest, back and joint pain at 34. It was then I discovered the power of triathlons and endurance racing; motivation to train, eat healthier, reduce muscular pain, improve muscular strength, function and range of motion. The new confidence and self esteem obtained during my years of training and competing in triathlons is helping me start a new life down an old path I enjoyed in my youth.

Over the next five years, I competed in triathlons, 5K and multi-sport endurance races and found myself among something I recognized when I was happy and I grasped onto the energy. I recognize everything about triathlons; endurance training, strength training, eating healthy, researching ways to improve my overall health and becoming an athlete!

Your self-perception is very important to your athletic growth and mental strength comes during training and specific type of movements and thought process are key components of training!

"Triathlons are a gateway to a healthy mind and body" - Daniel Larmon @ Tri a Fit Life

2015-04-11 8:28 AM
in reply to: TriaFitLifeTFL

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: 5 Year Tri Vet saying HELLO

Welcome back!

Really great thoughts there. Congrats on fitness, fatherhood, and getting through life's challenges!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » 5 Year Tri Vet saying HELLO Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

A tri for vets.....Brainerd Minnesota!!!

Started by Atriforvets
Views: 671 Posts: 3

2014-02-01 8:46 AM trytritryguy

Tri vet entering new off-road territory

Started by Shop Cat
Views: 711 Posts: 4

2011-07-04 11:01 AM tzcoaching

45 Year Old Clydesdale say hello

Started by flip18436572
Views: 854 Posts: 8

2009-11-03 8:56 AM JohnOD

After a year hiatus, I'm saying Hi again

Started by ryan.robinson
Views: 749 Posts: 4

2009-09-16 9:08 AM Dozier

Finally saying hello.

Started by snikpos
Views: 1045 Posts: 5

2004-01-13 10:00 AM cameronw
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 19, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 4
The doctor says not to run again. Ever. Needless to say, I’m not taking this very well. Can I recover from this? Where should I go from here?

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 0
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : March 21, 2005
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
Until last year an Ironman was just a dream. Now it has become a goal. I needed to start, but where?