General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bladder infections Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-04-11 4:22 PM

User image

Subject: Bladder infections
Has anyone here had one, and how long did it take you to get back to training? Mine began two days ago and I started a 5 day course of antibiotics yesterday. I could barely move yesterday - was really wiped out and the pain was, at times, almost excrutiating. Today I managed to go for a 20 minute walk but was very very slow. I REALLY HATE THIS!

One other thing... it feels like my bladder is swollen because my lower stomach, which has always been pretty flat, is now sticking out a mile! Literally happened overnight (yesterday morning I noticed before going to the doctor for the antibiotics). How long will this take to subside?

Just glad this isn't the weekend of my tri, because if it was, there would be no way I would be able to go.

Lastly, any other tips would be greatly appreciated. This is one of the most unpleasant physical experiences I ever had to go thru

2015-04-11 6:46 PM
in reply to: Caroleena

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Bladder infections
Originally posted by Caroleena

Has anyone here had one, and how long did it take you to get back to training? Mine began two days ago and I started a 5 day course of antibiotics yesterday. I could barely move yesterday - was really wiped out and the pain was, at times, almost excrutiating. Today I managed to go for a 20 minute walk but was very very slow. I REALLY HATE THIS!

One other thing... it feels like my bladder is swollen because my lower stomach, which has always been pretty flat, is now sticking out a mile! Literally happened overnight (yesterday morning I noticed before going to the doctor for the antibiotics). How long will this take to subside?

Just glad this isn't the weekend of my tri, because if it was, there would be no way I would be able to go.

Lastly, any other tips would be greatly appreciated. This is one of the most unpleasant physical experiences I ever had to go thru

what antibiotics ? beware of side effects of some antibiotics used and danger of achilles rupture.
2015-04-11 7:06 PM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Subject: RE: Bladder infections
Thanks marc - I checked and the one I was prescribed is fine...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bladder infections Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Pre race - bladder issues

Started by TriJayhawkRyan
Views: 1034 Posts: 8

2010-04-22 11:09 AM TriJayhawkRyan

Bad Bad sinus infection, Now scared of the pool

Started by colby995
Views: 5981 Posts: 23

2018-10-10 2:14 PM JoelO

Ladies with bladder troubles?

Started by Shoeless
Views: 1039 Posts: 6

2008-05-05 8:06 PM aquagirl

ST infection Pages: 1 2

Started by cdom
Views: 1369 Posts: 28

2006-11-08 6:13 PM brian

Toe infection

Started by teechur
Views: 1349 Posts: 11

2004-05-12 12:28 AM teechur
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 22, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
Is cycling the true cause of my overactive bladder problem? Is there some alternative to medication?

date : June 16, 2008
comments : 0
What are all these new funny-shaped saddles all about? Are they more comfortable than older designs? Will they keep me healthier so I can train on my bike longer? Should I change my saddle?
date : August 7, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 7
Do you see the bladder as half-full or half-empty? In this instance, it really doesn't matter how you look at it... you'd just better go.

date : February 13, 2005
comments : 2
So how sick is too sick to train? The American Medical Society for Sports Medicine answers just that and many other questions.