General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tackling my first IM Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-04-18 4:43 PM

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Subject: Tackling my first IM
Hey all. I am tackling my first IM coming up in Louisville after doing some shorter races last year. I am excited, terrified, and everything in between. I have been building up my base after my last olympic race in August 2014 and am about to get ready to jump into a plan. Wanted to come somewhere to bounce ideas off people and just do some general reading as I am trying to learn as much as I can about IMs and how to tackle them.

I plan on doing a couple of races leading up to October but haven't tacked down dates yet, there are plenty of short races around me so I am excited to really get started and hoping that I don't freak myself out too much along the way!

Anyways, just wanted to jump in and say hello! Anyone around Pittsburgh let me know, I am always up for a training buddy!

-Cory

2015-04-21 9:19 AM
in reply to: wei5209

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: Tackling my first IM

Welcome to the site.  I'm sure you are happy to finally get on the open road with your bike!  It's been a loooong winter.  What have you been focusing on this past winter?

2015-04-22 5:15 PM
in reply to: Ron

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Tackling my first IM
Yea, getting outside will be nice. Friday will be my first day not on the trainer and I am excited. Winter wasn't too bad in Pittsburgh, I was able to run outside most of the time and have a gym that has a pool so I was able to build a little on my base and put myself in a good spot for when the training plan starts. About 24 weeks out so time to really focus up and hopefully be able to make it through this crazy thing I got myself into.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tackling my first IM Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

First half IM

Started by Ironmomto5
Views: 640 Posts: 3

2011-05-16 4:06 PM Syaotblh

First triathlon IM NOLA 70.3

Started by lsurugby8
Views: 1357 Posts: 5

2010-03-02 3:01 PM jls42

I want to race my first IM for my 60th BDay - in one year

Started by maryc2010
Views: 741 Posts: 2

2009-04-28 4:15 PM newleaf

1/2 IM for first race ever?

Started by krypt
Views: 1214 Posts: 15

2009-01-10 12:30 PM surfnturf

Married Duo tackling our first Tri

Started by gkami
Views: 647 Posts: 8

2006-03-31 8:44 PM tri_it_cajun_style
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 27, 2012
author : davey m
comments : 3
Deciding on an Ironman as my first venture into triathlon was greeted with incredulity and astonishment combined with a hint of, "well, you're full of yourself aren't you?" and, "a bit ambitious?"

date : May 11, 2007
author : IRONVIKING
comments : 0
When it comes down to it, it’s me who has to believe I can run a full marathon after swimming and biking, and no amount of others’ belief in me is going to help.
date : September 3, 2005
author : trad_it
Now, for the last 20 years I’ve always though that jogging seemed about as interesting as watching paint dry, and you know what? That’s how it turned out to be.

date : July 31, 2005
author : Michael Silva
I’m a 240lb man, and I run relatively long distances. How would you recommend training for marathon and IM distances as heavy as I am?
date : July 31, 2005
author : chrisandniki
A Navy Seals program modified specifically for triathletes. This workout is DIFFICULT!!! The weight training portion alone may make you cry.

date : July 5, 2005
author : dara
It makes no sense to train hard for a year to hone that aerobic system only to have all that training undermined by a few anaerobic bursts on race day. So, how do you go about it?
date : February 16, 2005
author : trilover
comments : 1
Byrn won’t hold your hand through the long hours and miles required finishing or for success in an IM, he can only show you how to get there. The work is up to you.

date : September 14, 2004
author : tri_again
How to juggle life's demands with triathlon training needs.