General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike checkin - leave tire pressure low Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2015-04-22 12:24 PM
in reply to: TriTampa2

User image

Exton, PA
Subject: RE: Bike checkin - leave tire pressure low
Originally posted by TriTampa2

Originally posted by audiojan

Needed or not, you will need to pump your tires in the morning anyways, so why not leave it at around 80 psi? That's what I do in all my races where I need to check in the bike the night before.

Is this really true though? How many psi are you actually losing overnight? I've rarely noticed a difference.

Nothing new on race day.

Every time I ride I pump my tires to the pressure I want. So on race day I bring my pump and pump to the pressure I want.

2015-04-22 12:29 PM
in reply to: mike761

Originally posted by mike761

Needed or not, you will need to pump your tires in the morning anyways, so why not leave it at around 80 psi? That's what I do in all my races where I need to check in the bike the night before.

Is this really true though? How many psi are you actually losing overnight? I've rarely noticed a difference.

Nothing new on race day.

Every time I ride I pump my tires to the pressure I want. So on race day I bring my pump and pump to the pressure I want.

Where do you put your pump when finished?
2015-04-22 1:53 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Exton, PA

Nothing new on race day.

In my transition bag that gets tossed up along the fence with everyone else's

Edited by mike761 2015-04-22 1:54 PM
2015-04-22 3:14 PM
in reply to: mike761

Nothing new on race day.

In my transition bag that gets tossed up along the fence with everyone else's

I see. I just know I've been at more than one triathlon where they won't allow bags in transition
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike checkin - leave tire pressure low Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

How to check bike tire air pressure???

Started by Meljoypip
Views: 8330 Posts: 18

2013-05-06 11:24 AM tkos

Cyclocross Bike Tire Pressure

Started by guitarfrk75
Views: 5588 Posts: 6

2012-03-08 11:42 AM KathyG

question on air pressure in bike tires?

Started by travism
Views: 3154 Posts: 7

2011-03-18 5:42 AM dredwards

Off road tri - mtn bike tire pressure

Started by jwright44
Views: 782 Posts: 8

2007-06-29 3:10 AM jsttri

bike tire pressure

Started by davemadoch
Views: 676 Posts: 10

2006-08-17 1:55 PM awol
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 20, 2014
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
There is a serious, devoted athlete, committed to the task of triathlon. He is happy because his heart rate is low, his blood lactate is low and his chances in this year’s Kona lottery is high.

date : October 15, 2008
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
At about the 1/2 mile mark my left soleus becomes extremely tight and painful. The pain then progresses into my left arch and then into my left knee.
date : May 5, 2008
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Did you flat training or racing on your tubular tire? This video will show you everything you need to do to change your tubular tire.

date : November 6, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 2
Don't know how to take that rear wheel off of your bike? Is the chain making things difficult? Learn how to remove your rear wheel if you have to change your bike tire or fix a flat.
date : September 10, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 12
This video tutorial will show you how to fix a flat tire and also how to change the tire itself. Don't wait until you're out on the course at the races to learn how.