General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Kids Triathlon Gear Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-04-25 7:15 AM

User image

New user

Canyon Rim
Subject: Kids Triathlon Gear
Although I appreciate doing a Triathlon myself - I have been surprised at the lack of online resources and gear for Junior Triathletes.

Just in case others are having the same troubles I have linked below to some of the information I have found on the web.

Race Information:
It's important to enter your state when you google search. Google is pretty smart about finding your area. Keep an eye out at local races for information too - not everyone is savvy about making race information "searchable".
http://www.trifind.com/gs_kids/KidsTriathlons.html

Road Bike:
These are easy to find once you know the key word "24" Kid's Road Bike" This will change the results immediately.
My other suggestion is to check out local classified dilligently - craigslist and ebay are great resources.

Kids Triathlon Clothing?:
www.rowdywares.com/?
http://www.trisports.com/kitrcl.html

2015-04-26 9:19 AM
in reply to: mdalebout

User image

Veteran
Great White North
Subject: RE: Kids Triathlon Gear
ZeroD makes the best kids suit on the market, pretty much the same suit you see many ITU elites wearing. 24" road bikes are not easy to find in some areas. Especially for a decent price. My son is 8. I shipped a 24" bike from the UK last year and saved $150. I had to swap to a 60mm stem as he is not overly tall. His training consists of the following...

FALL/WINTER :
TUES/THURS 45 MIN Water Polo practice usually 20 to 25 min of swimming...
WED/SAT AM 60/75 MIN XC run practice with his track club for Fall & in Winter its 75/90 MIN indoor track practice

That goes Sept to Late March with 2.5 weeks off polo and 4 weeks off from track at Xmas.

May 1 to August 20 is summer club swimming 3-4x per week and we do some bike rides and runs with him...

We are in Canada and 90% of kids races are sanctioned so I just go to our Provincial Association's site and they are all listed. Youth and Jr racers can no longer buy a 1 day membership here. Annual is $15- for kids and this way they have a master list of all kids in the sport.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Kids Triathlon Gear Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Fixed gear bike and Sprint Triathlon

Started by arlon
Views: 6975 Posts: 8

2009-08-31 1:59 PM arlon

Tri Bike Gearing vs. Mountain Bike Gearing

Started by Mrdaner
Views: 868 Posts: 3

2009-08-18 2:22 PM Tim_H

What is the Required/Reccommended Gear for Sprint Triathlon

Started by BiafraGirl
Views: 1956 Posts: 19

2009-04-13 11:01 AM Silver_wlf

First Triathlon Gear

Started by JoeAZ
Views: 1225 Posts: 6

2009-02-10 4:43 PM detltu

Selecting The Best Triathlon Gear

Started by Floyd
Views: 1005 Posts: 5

2006-12-20 4:04 PM Yellow_Dawg
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 31, 2011
author : Mandoline
comments : 6
The epic adventure of my first Olympic Tri at 13 years old.

date : July 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
Third in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries
date : June 29, 2011
comments : 4
Second in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries

date : May 19, 2011
comments : 3
First in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries
date : April 12, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
How should I be shifting gears on the front chainring and the rear cogs to cope with hills?

date : July 9, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
How safe is it for children to participate in triathlons and other endurance events? Here are the opinions of several experts in the field.
date : July 28, 2008
author : peteo
comments : 4
Honey, great news. I just spent our kids’ college fund on a new bike! The sales guy said it will shave at least 3 seconds off my 40K time. Umm, honey why do you have a knife in your hand???

date : June 6, 2006
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
Until now, I have shied away from triathlon-specific gear bags. They were just too small for my needs. So imagine my skepticism the day the RRS Triathlon Backpack showed up on my door.