General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for Portland area tri club / trainers Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-04-26 9:46 AM

Subject: Looking for Portland area tri club / trainers
I'm looking to go from sprints (3 so far) to a full this summer. Next summer a half iron man. So I'm looking for a local tri club or suggestions of a good trainer in the area. The trainers seem outrageously expensive. I'm not sure if they're worth it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Josh

2015-04-28 9:52 AM
in reply to: jnc007

User image

Veteran
Maine
Subject: RE: Looking for Portland area tri club / trainers
Not quite Portland but the Kennebunk Beach tri club is a good group of people. Once the weather warms up they do open water swims once a week either at a pond in Lyman or at Mother's beach in Kennebunk. They also do weekly mini sprint tris, usually starting at Mother's beach. (also once the water is a bit warmer.)

I have a few friends who work with 207 Coaching (or 207 Multisport) and they've been happy with them.

Also Mid Coast Tri club in the Brunswick area. May also want to ask at Gorham Bike & Ski in Portland, they may be able to tell you if any clubs are still active in Portland. I thought there was but don't recall the name.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for Portland area tri club / trainers Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Portland area Tri clubs?

Started by cdkayak
Views: 1537 Posts: 3

2012-02-23 11:17 AM cdkayak

Katahdin Tri Club- Dover-Foxcroft area Club

Started by jessloman
Views: 2378 Posts: 6

2011-01-05 12:23 PM jessloman

Good running stores in Portland/Wyndham?

Started by Rattlesnake
Views: 1915 Posts: 3

2010-03-17 7:22 AM SammyKarch

Orthopaedic Associates of Portland??

Started by Angeb
Views: 1361 Posts: 7

2007-01-17 6:58 PM MikeJ

Clinic this Thursday at Peak Performance in Portland

Started by trukweaz
Views: 1387 Posts: 1

2006-08-15 11:36 AM trukweaz
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 28, 2011
author : juliapurr
comments : 0
Bored out of your mind or watching a movie? Amp it up on the bike trainer.

date : July 30, 2006
author : AMSSM
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.

date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.