General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mid-back pain on the bike? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-04-27 8:54 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Texas
Subject: Mid-back pain on the bike?
Has anyone experienced pain in the middle of your back (near the lower part of the rib cage) while riding? I have been having pain sightly to the right side for the past month. I went in for a massage, because I was having issues with my right quad as well. That seemed to help a bit and I survived my 100 mile bike ride a few days later, but the pain is back and has slowly gotten worse. I saw my chiro last week, but that didn't seem to help much at all. I felt pretty good on my bike ride this weekend, until I had to stop at a 4-way stop about 3 1/2 hours into my ride. When I started to pedal again, I had an excruciating pain in my back for several minutes. The pain subsided, but I am worried about my upcoming IM and having to climb hills and be on the bike for 7+ hours!

Not sure if I should continue with the chiro, go in for a massage again or just stretch on my own and hope that it has time to heal a bit during taper.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mid-back pain on the bike? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

lower back pain and groin pain

Started by CAOP1231
Views: 1414 Posts: 3

2010-12-05 9:19 PM treadster

Mid Back Pain

Started by KzooJason
Views: 1040 Posts: 4

2009-01-05 8:56 PM KzooJason

mid back pain

Started by briathlon
Views: 944 Posts: 5

2005-11-01 3:16 PM tarshspider

Bike Adjustments for Back Pain

Started by sherin1187
Views: 1319 Posts: 7

2005-09-26 12:29 PM AdventureBear

biking and back pain

Started by dwan28
Views: 994 Posts: 4

2005-08-31 2:44 AM auto208562
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 17, 2015
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Can you give me any information as to why those muscles are still feeling sore and if this will affect my training long term? I'm planning on doing a full Ironman in 2016.

date : December 14, 2011
comments : 2
What is the recommended way to recover from a cycling-related lower back injury?
date : January 17, 2011
comments : 2
Can running worsen spinal stenosis? Is it possible to compete in triathlons with this condition?

date : January 28, 2010
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on doing Ironman Wisconsin on a road bike and a training plan for back-to-back centuries.
date : May 25, 2009
comments : 1
I started playing basketball three times a week in addition to running and biking. Now, whenever I run any distance, the next day, I can hardly sit in my chair at work.

date : July 15, 2008
I get a very bad shoulder pain (left side only) when on the bike for over 45 minutes. The pain seems to be between my shoulder blades but only on the left side.
date : May 19, 2008
author : peteo
Well it is mid-life crisis time. I could get a mistress but I still think my wife is hot. Or I can abuse my body like I was still 19. Triathlon world here I come!!

date : May 12, 2008
Ever since running that marathon I have been experiencing stiffness and discomfort in my left foot, from the fourth and fifth metatarsals to about my mid foot.