General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ANOTHER Tri-bike close to race Question. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2015-05-22 8:12 AM
in reply to: 5stones

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL
Subject: RE: ANOTHER Tri-bike close to race Question.
Originally posted by 5stones

Nice bike. So how did your race go? Did you meet your goal & MPH on the bike? Hope the race was awesome.

It was a good race. I think it was probably better for my confidence to do it on the same bike I've done the last two years on. This way I know that the faster time was due to the engine and not the equipment.

I averaged 20.2mph according to my garmin, 20.1 according to race results. My overall goal was 2:30 for the race and I got just a hair over 2:31. A lot of that could be attributed to the crappy swim. The bike course was very windy and parts of the run were scorching., but when I was finished I instantly knew I could have easily pushed a little harder on the bike and the run.

Last year's time was like 2:44:59 or close to that, and the year before was a miserable experience at 3:05. I'm actually starting to feel like maybe I'm an actual triathlete!

Next year my goal is to race someone other than myself. I'd really like to get some AG Podium love!

2015-05-22 8:26 AM
in reply to: mike761

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL
Subject: RE: ANOTHER Tri-bike close to race Question.
Originally posted by mike761

Someone had to say it

Look into Cobb saddles they have a 90 day return policy, and some great saddles. He is the one who designed the adamo saddle before he started his own company.

Already on it. Also have a handful of questions for the masses. I am liking a couple Adamo saddles, but its hard to determine if the suggested use of a saddle (Shorter Time trials) means that NOBODY would ever want to use it for a long Triathlon. I'm assuming that there are people using all types for all distance.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ANOTHER Tri-bike close to race Question. Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Race wheel/Tri bike question

Started by Bodaggit
Views: 617 Posts: 5

2014-07-30 4:35 PM Aarondb4

Tri Bike vs Road bike/aero bike questions

Started by gzh6464
Views: 9191 Posts: 10

2017-02-03 7:37 PM Jonlmac

Tri bike vs. Road bike questions answered Pages: 1 2

Started by Jeepguy2358
Views: 3638 Posts: 45

2008-12-09 6:01 PM Daremo

How close is too close for races?

Started by fgray
Views: 1281 Posts: 12

2007-07-20 2:40 PM hazmaster

Tri bike vs. Road bike Question

Started by mandy7741
Views: 1694 Posts: 7

2006-03-17 3:15 PM Daremo
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."
date : April 12, 2011
How should I be shifting gears on the front chainring and the rear cogs to cope with hills?

date : April 13, 2010
author : kcowart
comments : 11
I have always been an athlete, growing up playing team sports like basketball and soccer. I also ran in a couple of 10K races every year, so I had no reason to worry about running a 5K...right?
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.

date : December 27, 2008
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.
date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.