General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Back to base? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-05-17 4:59 AM

Subject: Back to base?
Hi, I have my first olympic distance triathlon next weekend. After that is a large break in races as its coming into winter here.
I've just finished a Matt Fitzgerald level 7 training plan, and wondering am i best going back to full on base swims,bikes,runs?
I've only been training for 6 months and before this i had not done a thing for 10 years, I have a back ground in swimming and had never ridden a road bike or done any kind of running training.

As my back ground is swimming, I really didn't like the "BASE" period of the swimming and found it really didnt do a lot for me, is swimming something i really need to go back and do a lot of base work on? And for the biking and running should i purely be going back to just base work or should i be doing sprints etc like my build and peak periods?
Goal time of 2hrs 30min next weekend as well !!!
next race could be as far as 20 weeks away
thanks
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Back to base? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

back-to-back-to-back bricks

Started by strawdog18
Views: 1206 Posts: 7

2012-05-10 9:00 PM Neek-neek

Back to Back to Back Weekend Races?

Started by Bunsbert Montcroff
Views: 1128 Posts: 9

2012-01-23 1:41 PM jjupiter100

Back to Back to Back races

Started by btlovin
Views: 2028 Posts: 14

2011-01-17 8:50 PM stevestenzel

Base workout ??'s -trying to get back into shape-

Started by kBirken
Views: 1131 Posts: 10

2010-01-04 6:02 PM AdventureBear

Help Me Get Back - Base Training and HR

Started by slow triathlete
Views: 1305 Posts: 6

2008-01-08 10:50 AM Scout7
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
What is the recommended way to recover from a cycling-related lower back injury?

date : November 27, 2005
author : acbadger
comments : 2
Know that base training is not a component of training that is going to necessarily make you faster, but it will make you stronger and give you more endurance to last through the longer races.
date : May 16, 2005
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Discussions on base training, intensity training, peaking and tapering, racing and competition and recovery and restoration.

date : April 24, 2005
author : mikericci
If you feel your base work is adequate, then here are five areas I would recommend you can work on before your first race.
date : March 20, 2005
author : mikericci
Now is your chance! If you want to prove that you should be training at a faster pace you can prove it by racing faster.

date : January 24, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Your training schedule should be based completely on the hours you have available to train, not necessarily on the number of hours you "need" to train.
date : October 31, 2004
author : tmwelshy
To prevent a mental breakdown before you even get to the starting line, use the winter months to set goals, build your base, vary your workouts, cut back on training and throw in some variety.

date : September 1, 2004
author : owie
You ride hard enough that you are working but not so hard that you can’t do the same thing the next day. 700 km or 400 miles a week.