Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » renting a bike bag Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2015-05-17 12:26 PM

User image

Subject: renting a bike bag
Hey Guys,

Has anyone rented a bike bag from anywhere in Vancouver? Doing my first race abroad in August and looking to rent a case over buying one. Tried a few tri stores in Vancouver to no avail. Any help greatly appreciated.

2015-05-19 3:14 AM
in reply to: Crehanjohn

Vancouver, BC
Subject: RE: renting a bike bag
I recall that Speed Theory on West 4th rents cases (or at least did previously). It's kind of pricey though, and then you have to worry about your bike not getting lost. As an alternative idea, possibly a store in place you are going rents high end tri or road bikes.
2015-05-19 2:30 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ContentPrimary/Services/Stores/Vancouver.jsp

$10/day

$50/week

Originally posted by Crehanjohn Hey Guys, Has anyone rented a bike bag from anywhere in Vancouver? Doing my first race abroad in August and looking to rent a case over buying one. Tried a few tri stores in Vancouver to no avail. Any help greatly appreciated.

2015-05-20 10:27 AM
in reply to: thor67

User image

Originally posted by thor67

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ContentPrimary/Services/Stores/Vancouver.jsp

$10/day

$50/week

Originally posted by Crehanjohn Hey Guys, Has anyone rented a bike bag from anywhere in Vancouver? Doing my first race abroad in August and looking to rent a case over buying one. Tried a few tri stores in Vancouver to no avail. Any help greatly appreciated.

Awesome thank you, MEC is the way to go.

Thought about the bike getting lost but I would rather take that chance and use my own bike rather than using a different bike, I'm lucky enough to have a back up bike where I'm going so there is that option. thanks guys.
2016-01-12 3:37 PM

bringyourbike.ca

used the service and it was great...only issue was the airline
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » renting a bike bag Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

IMC Looking to rent a house.

Started by Clifton
Views: 821 Posts: 1

2008-01-09 1:31 PM Clifton

New Balance Half Iron...CHANGE TO BIKE COURSE

Started by Busygirl
Views: 962 Posts: 6

2007-06-04 9:26 PM browner6

Buying a road bike

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1154 Posts: 13

2007-05-22 5:39 PM SamSteele

Bikes?

Started by SamSteele
Views: 984 Posts: 7

2007-03-08 11:02 AM VanCityJ

Blak Dog Bikes Bankruptcy sale

Started by Deputy
Views: 1081 Posts: 8

2007-02-22 2:33 PM Deputy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 17, 2013
author : hoffsquared
comments : 0
I was pretty excited to test out a triathlon-specific gear bag. I'm on the lookout for something functional, comfortable, and maybe even a bit stylish.

date : December 10, 2012
author : XLAB Hydration
XLAB releases the Stealth Pocket and the Rocket Pocket series of aero bags.
date : August 7, 2009
author : Coach AJ
Looking to rent or try-before-you-buy race wheels for your next triathlon? Coach AJ checks out the service at RaceDay Wheels.

date : March 8, 2007
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 2
How tricked out can someone make a triathlon duffel bag that stands out from the rest?
date : June 6, 2006
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
Until now, I have shied away from triathlon-specific gear bags. They were just too small for my needs. So imagine my skepticism the day the RRS Triathlon Backpack showed up on my door.

date : April 10, 2005
author : scuba-punk
comments : 2
Tuesday April 5, 2005 marks the 1 year anniversary of my departure from my old life - a life consuming bags of fried pork rinds and way less activity than a person should be able to get away with.
date : November 14, 2004
author : Glenn
I have seen cyclists go to a bike shop the day before a race expecting their problem to be fixed, only to be told the shop cannot complete the job in time.