BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 104

2015-09-02 1:11 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?)

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by rrrunner

Stacey - I really have a biased outlook on Disney races, being a Disnoid and all.  For a company that does such a great job moving large crowds of people from one place to the other, the start of the HM there was a racers nightmare.  Barely moving out of your corral and weaving through people for the first couple of miles. Yuck. Now that I got that out of my system, lets see what they do well.  Great support.  Great course.  Fun atmosphere.  Well run packet pickup.  Good expo.  Bus you in, bus you out when you are done.  At some point in my life I may step up to longer events, and when I do, I will start there.  They do it all right.  The final negative on the list is simply a Disney tradition, and it is the $$$$'s.  I've fiddled the Goofy or Dopey around in my pea brain and it would be quite the accomplishment for anyone.  It is a looong weekend of running for the mere mortal.  Or just another weekend for Salty!

Melanie - Epic seems good for the Scotland rat race. Not much else, but I believe that qualifies.

Sean - Congrats on your upcoming races.  Putting something on the calendar seems to help a lot of folks with focus.

Steve - Sorry to see your weekend is not going to be what you had planned.

Ann-Marie - I think the 150 number might be true for humans too. At least it does by the time September arrives in Florida.

Adrienne - What is next on your calendar?  No pressure or anything, but the pics from the last one were pretty cool to see!

I hope everyone is doing well. Enjoy whatever the rest of the week has in store for you!

No doubt! I will be in Phoenix next week and thought I'd run to In-N-Out because I won't have a car. So i looked at the weather forecast, it's still over 100!!!!!! Um, no.

I hear it's a dry heat.  I'm not sure what that means.

I think it means it's liking running in your oven!

Yes, as opposed to the sauna that you all run in.

2015-09-02 1:13 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Orlando

Stacey - I really have a biased outlook on Disney races, being a Disnoid and all.  For a company that does such a great job moving large crowds of people from one place to the other, the start of the HM there was a racers nightmare.  Barely moving out of your corral and weaving through people for the first couple of miles. Yuck. Now that I got that out of my system, lets see what they do well.  Great support.  Great course.  Fun atmosphere.  Well run packet pickup.  Good expo.  Bus you in, bus you out when you are done.  At some point in my life I may step up to longer events, and when I do, I will start there.  They do it all right.  The final negative on the list is simply a Disney tradition, and it is the $$$$'s.  I've fiddled the Goofy or Dopey around in my pea brain and it would be quite the accomplishment for anyone.  It is a looong weekend of running for the mere mortal.  Or just another weekend for Salty!

Melanie - Epic seems good for the Scotland rat race. Not much else, but I believe that qualifies.

Sean - Congrats on your upcoming races.  Putting something on the calendar seems to help a lot of folks with focus.

Steve - Sorry to see your weekend is not going to be what you had planned.

Ann-Marie - I think the 150 number might be true for humans too. At least it does by the time September arrives in Florida.

Adrienne - What is next on your calendar?  No pressure or anything, but the pics from the last one were pretty cool to see!

I hope everyone is doing well. Enjoy whatever the rest of the week has in store for you!

No doubt! I will be in Phoenix next week and thought I'd run to In-N-Out because I won't have a car. So i looked at the weather forecast, it's still over 100!!!!!! Um, no.

I hear it's a dry heat.  I'm not sure what that means.

I think it means it's liking running in your oven!

Yes, as opposed to the sauna that you all run in.

yes, we do run in a sauna and it's gross!!

2015-09-02 1:14 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Every time I hear/read "it's a dry heat" I think of this John Pinette bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GnFGxOWgt8

Edited by msteiner 2015-09-02 1:14 PM
2015-09-02 1:17 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I'm stunned everytime I look at Strava and see Ann-Marie running in the afternoon or evening.  I am worthless and weak.

2015-09-02 1:23 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Oh, and a run-summit attempt of Mt. Whitney early October. But that's not a race. 

Recon for Badwater?

2015-09-02 1:27 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I'm stunned everytime I look at Strava and see Ann-Marie running in the afternoon or evening.  I am worthless and weak.

No doubt! I wonder about Janyne's lunch sessions too! Crazyness!!!!!

2015-09-02 1:30 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

It's generally less unpleasant at lunch than it is after work.  Mornings is out if it's a swim day.  Plus if I run at lunch, I do the first half on the greenway and that's a good thing. Obviously, I'd rather run in the morning but you gotta do what you gotta do!

2015-09-02 1:47 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

youre sane, i'm a bit deranged ??

2015-09-02 2:20 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

youre sane, i'm a bit deranged ??

That's up for debate.

2015-09-02 4:35 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by brigby1

Oh, and a run-summit attempt of Mt. Whitney early October. But that's not a race. 

Recon for Badwater?

Ha! I prefer to run my hundred milers at a leisurely pace

2015-09-02 4:45 PM

User image

Seattle

Alright guys, I have created the race report for our big run. If you want full effect, please right click the link to the playlist and open it in another tab while you read also, maybe open a beer. It's a long one!

2015-09-02 5:10 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Alright guys, I have created the race report for our big run. If you want full effect, please right click the link to the playlist and open it in another tab while you read also, maybe open a beer. It's a long one!

WOW! That was, dare I say, epic.  Thank you very much for taking us along in ever so small and virtual a manner.

2015-09-02 5:30 PM

User image

Seattle

WOW! That was, dare I say, epic.  Thank you very much for taking us along in ever so small and virtual a manner.

Haha, thanks Chris. You are very welcome. Hopefully it did an ok job of capturing the trip. 

2015-09-02 5:49 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Haha, thanks Chris. You are very welcome. Hopefully it did an ok job of capturing the trip. 

Good Gawd, day 2 looked like a LOT of work.  Wow!

And the Mick Dodge reference was priceless. 

Edited by cdban66 2015-09-02 5:50 PM
2015-09-02 6:04 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Wow, that was epci ! And what a cool presentation!

2015-09-02 6:20 PM

User image

Seattle

After a very short stint I can't imagine what it must have been like for your friend on the AT

2015-09-02 6:36 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

After a very short stint I can't imagine what it must have been like for your friend on the AT

i can't imagine what it was like for either of you!

2015-09-02 8:22 PM
in reply to: #5116906

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Awesome report!!! Thanks for taking the time to put that together. (I'm still listening to the music).
2015-09-03 4:35 AM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

Recon for Badwater?

How about a 200 then
Just finished watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRZF3ZIftMA Looks a nice area.
2015-09-03 7:07 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by jmkizer

It's generally less unpleasant at lunch than it is after work.  Mornings is out if it's a swim day.  Plus if I run at lunch, I do the first half on the greenway and that's a good thing. Obviously, I'd rather run in the morning but you gotta do what you gotta do!

It actually has been a lot nicer here lately. Only low 90s with mid to low 70s dew point as opposed to a few weeks ago where it was 104 with almost 80 dew point. My HR will actually stabilize on runs now! Can't wait for the first real cool front though!
2015-09-03 7:35 AM

User image

Katy, Texas

Truly incredible adventure Adrienne!! Thanks for sharing!!

2015-09-03 11:08 AM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by rrrunner Awesome report!!! Thanks for taking the time to put that together. (I'm still listening to the music).

Yay! I think the playlist is key I kinda snuck that last song in....lol

2015-09-03 11:13 AM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by Richardsdrr

Recon for Badwater?

How about a 200 then Just finished watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRZF3ZIftMALooks a nice area.

I think I'd rather run 200 miles in the Gifford Pinchot than 100 in Death Valley!

Also having circumambulated St. Helens and summited Adams, I've experienced a fair amount of that terrain already

(Phew dodged that bullet)

I am, however, eyeing the rut next year. My sister mentioned she would like to go to Moab with me too. See this is the bad thing about taking time off running, too much scheming! 

2015-09-03 11:38 AM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by Jet Black
Originally posted by jmkizer

It actually has been a lot nicer here lately. Only low 90s with mid to low 70s dew point as opposed to a few weeks ago where it was 104 with almost 80 dew point. My HR will actually stabilize on runs now! Can't wait for the first real cool front though!

It's fabulous!!  Our 56 mile bike ride last weekend actually started off with people commenting on how chilly it was    

2015-09-03 11:42 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Since Chris already gave the go-ahead - definitely EPIC!  I really liked the presentation too with the maps & elevation profiles, and the music... which I'm still listening to.  

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 104

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 66218 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 27818 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 11773 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Dominion's Sprint/Oly/70.3 Group--Closed Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36

Started by Dominion
Views: 36934 Posts: 891

2016-01-04 10:48 AM burner2

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 66024 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.