General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How soon to resume training after shoulder injury? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-05-25 9:58 AM

User image

Subject: How soon to resume training after shoulder injury?
Hello, I was cruising at 20mph (according to Strava), hit the brakes hard, and impacted a turning vehicle (illegal driver) at 12.5mph with my right shoulder about 7 days ago. I injured my back and shoulder mostly (where impacted) and my elbow where I hit the asphalt. I've been doing PT exercises since the accident and I've regained most all of my range of motion but can't make all the swimming movements without discomfort yet. I seem to be able to bike fine and run low paced without much trouble now. How long would you suggest resting from the swim and what is an effective strategy to easing back into the water?

My next tri is Olympic distance on June 21st.

2015-06-22 6:21 PM
in reply to: Panza

New user

Subject: RE: How soon to resume training after shoulder injury?
I hope your race went well! I actually fell on my shoulder yesterday, too. What did you end up doing to ease back into swimming?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How soon to resume training after shoulder injury? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Shoulder Injury

Started by runner
Views: 1061 Posts: 3

2009-07-15 12:40 PM runner

Old Separated Shoulder Injury

Started by TeddieMao
Views: 1482 Posts: 2

2008-07-11 8:48 PM oceanannie

Shoulder Injury

Started by courtney_leone
Views: 1030 Posts: 5

2006-02-06 7:27 AM courtney_leone

shoulder injury

Started by KathyG
Views: 1080 Posts: 6

2004-10-15 10:53 AM Rowdy

shoulder injuries

Started by houston-tri-mamma
Views: 1267 Posts: 5

2004-09-23 6:24 AM TriMom217
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 28, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
The anatomy, diagnosis and treatment of swimmer's shoulder.

date : February 6, 2012
comments : 0
How to regain enough range of motion to swim freestyle after a shoulder injury or surgery
date : July 15, 2008
I get a very bad shoulder pain (left side only) when on the bike for over 45 minutes. The pain seems to be between my shoulder blades but only on the left side.

date : October 2, 2007
author : sportfactory
comments : 9
Poor swim technique, overtraining, unilateral breathing, overuse of training equipment all can cause swimmer's shoulder. Read how to avoid injury and strengthen your muscles.
date : February 21, 2007
Here’s a review of three common injuries in triathletes and a brief review of what to do if you experience one of these injuries: Runner’s Knee, Achilles Tendonitis and Swimmers Shoulder.

date : April 17, 2005
Often I also see an imbalance in the front muscles of the shoulder, such as the pectoralis, and the back muscles, such as the rotator cuff and shoulder blade stabilizers. I would recommend:
date : April 9, 2005
Differentiating between the different causes of rotator cuff-related pain is not important initially, because primary treatment for all of them is the same.

date : October 24, 2004
author : infosteward
As triathletes, we’re lucky enough to worry not about just one injury but many. Most of these injuries will be common overuse injuries.