General Discussion Race Reports! » Boston's Run to Remember Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Boston's Run to Remember Half Marathon - Run

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Boston, Massachusetts
United States
51F / 11C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 00m 56s
Overall Rank = 2857/6652
Age Group = M40-49
Age Group Rank = 347/591
Pre-race routine:

Got to race site. put stuff in locker. put on bib and went to the bathroom.

timed it perfectly. got out and there was a huge line. only 30 minutes to race time.

Ate a PowerBar Wafer, sipped on my Skratch. should have brougth a throwaway water bottle.
Event warmup:

Did some dynamic stretching. ran around the back of the trade center. did some more stretching. went to 9:00 Pace section and waited for the gun.
Run
  • 2h 00m 56s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 14s  min/mile
Comments:

I did good. Just missed the 2:00 mark. I misjudged the final stretch. i thought the finish line was closer. ran out of gas at the end.

What would you do differently?:

not start out quite so fast. i started in the 9:00 pace section, and while that's where i ended up. i should have backed off the first couple of miles.

all in all, i'm very happy with my run time. i think this is a good marker for Patriot Half. so i guess i wouldn't do anything.
Post race
Warm down:

stood around did some stretching. waiting for my friend.

went into the expo center and grabbed some food. did some more stretching.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

not much. i could have done some longer runs in the lead up. but this was a training race for me. i think for my next halfmaration do some longer runs with more running during the training week.

Event comments:

Good race. very cool to run on the streets of boston where you normally can't drive as fast as we were runining.

not muchi n the way of post race food. i was slightly disappointed.

Last updated: 2015-05-26 12:00 AM
Running
02:00:56 | 13.1 miles | 09m 14s  min/mile
Age Group: 347/591
Overall: 591/6652
Performance: Good
Course: An out and back with a couple of other out and backs. sort of hard to describe.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2015-05-26 10:31 AM

New user

Subject: Boston's Run to Remember Half Marathon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Boston's Run to Remember Half Marathon Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Boston's Run to Remember Half Marathon

Started by tri_again
Views: 1428 Posts: 7

2006-03-14 2:49 PM c2fd

Started by jpcan
Views: 1323 Posts: 7

2006-03-13 9:56 AM norakraemer

Started by xterratri
Views: 1607 Posts: 14

2006-03-13 7:49 PM KathyG

Boston's Run to Remember Half Marathon Pages: 1 2

Started by KathyG
Views: 2499 Posts: 41

2006-03-18 5:40 PM slow&steady

Started by c2fd
Views: 2016 Posts: 20

2006-03-13 6:57 PM BODonuts
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 28, 2015
author : hadleyusa
comments : 1
Training for a specific running event is not as easy as it might seem. Here are some tips and a weekly plan to avoid overtraining and to improve your performance.

date : May 24, 2010
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
My question is am I playing with fire entering the half marathon this close to my primary goal for this season which is the HIM?
date : June 15, 2009
author : Ali Winslow
I just ran the Boston Marathon under nine minute miles, can I run eight minute miles for my half Ironman training runs? Or should I go slower?

date : November 17, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 7
I just started doing tris this summer and I have two under my belt, both sprints. Is it reasonable to build up for a Oly in early ‘09, with a HIM in Oct of ‘09
date : September 24, 2008
author : Amy Kuitse
I am running Boston in April and Ironman Lake Placid is in July. I have been told that it is ambitious to think about doing an IM so close to a marathon due to the recovery time. Any suggestions?

date : June 10, 2008
author : kns57
Steady is our walk. Ignoring the pain that is radiating from my feet, I continue to place one foot in front of the other. Again I wonder, “Why am I doing this?”
date : October 3, 2007
author : Ontherun
An inspirational biography about one of endurance sports early pioneers, David McGillivary, race director for the Boston Marathon.

date : October 2, 2005
author : smeeko
comments : 2
I will assume you have not run consistently more than 6 miles and have never completed a half-marathon. I believe running your first half-marathon is a big task which requires dedication and work.