General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trying to decide frame Fuji frame size Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-05-28 6:16 AM

Subject: Trying to decide frame Fuji frame size
Hi there

I'm about to buy a Fuji Transonic bike. I will use it for short distance triathlons, up to olympic distance. I went over to the competitive cyclist fit calculator and entered my measurements.

These are the results

And here are the details about geometry. I have added the ones that are directly correlated for easier view. I just added the L and L/XL sizes, the ones I'm in doubt.

Lastly, here is the bike image, for reference

I have no clue about geometry, and I think that all my guesses could be right... or totally wrong. Right now I'm leaning towards the L size (58).

The seat post is 35cm. If I need a total BB-saddle length of around 76cm and the seat tube is 58cm, it means that I need the seat post to stick out around 18cm (a little less, as you have to count the saddle height). Then it goes right in the middle, which I guess it will be ok.

The top tube is almost spot on to what the L size offers, as the stem, which is the same in both sizes anyway.

So, am I right in all my assumptions and the L size will be the best fit for me?

Thanks

2015-06-02 6:06 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
Subject: RE: Trying to decide frame Fuji frame size
Online calculators are just a smidgen better than guessing… there's simply too many variables to a proper fit that can't be done online. With that said, large seems to be a reasonable guess, but keep in mind, that it still may not be the right or best choice...

Edited by audiojan 2015-06-02 6:06 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trying to decide frame Fuji frame size Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Cannondale Slice 2008 frame V's 2011 frame

Started by Aspireto
Views: 1494 Posts: 2

2011-06-17 5:05 PM rexcoltrain

Difference between raod frame and cross frame...

Started by wide awake
Views: 1243 Posts: 5

2010-10-08 2:15 PM sjw503

Difference between a regular frame and a compact frame

Started by spjon25
Views: 7397 Posts: 14

2009-11-19 8:32 PM Tundra_Man

carbon frame or alum-carbon frame?

Started by pcobbs
Views: 876 Posts: 5

2006-09-24 9:23 PM pcobbs

Measuring for Frame Size

Started by russellherrington
Views: 993 Posts: 4

2005-03-11 11:52 PM russellherrington
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 23, 2010
author : marmadaddy
comments : 1
Should you make the switch from your current aluminum framed bike to a carbon bike frame?

date : January 9, 2010
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
Does a degree or two difference between two frames(head and/or seat tube) really make that much of a difference when it comes to fit?
date : December 12, 2009
We are often asked the question, "What size frame should I buy" and the answer is “it depends”. I know that’s not the answer you want to hear, but hopefully the following will shed some more light.

date : August 7, 2009
I am in the process of buying my first tri bike. Because of my size my fitter suggested buying a custom frame but then I have an infinite number of choices for components, wheels, aerobars, etc.
date : April 20, 2009
I'm considering a road frame buildup, what considerations should I take into account when swapping all of my components from my current setup to a new frame?