General Discussion Triathlon Talk » P2, B12, Shiv, Slice, Speed Concept Quirks Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-06-01 7:29 PM

User image

Subject: P2, B12, Shiv, Slice, Speed Concept Quirks
I am hopefully going to pull the trigger on a new tri bike and the above bikes are available at the lbs. I know fit is king but I was wondering of any quirks or major issues users have ran into that I should be aware of or take into consideration. I'm looking at the 2-3k range so I would be at the entry level shiv and speed concept and the 105 version of the p2 and slice. Any information would be appreciated.

2015-06-02 6:03 AM
in reply to: Zmcraney

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
Subject: RE: P2, B12, Shiv, Slice, Speed Concept Quirks
They're all well built, so no real issues with any of them. Integrated brakes may take a bit longer to set up correctly and are not as easily to adjust if you use wheels with different widths, or if you swap between wheels with aluminum brake surface and carbon race wheels which then would require different pads.

Just something to keep in mind.

And you are correct, fit is absolutely crucial. All these simply cannot fit you, so pick the one that fits you the best and then just ride the heck out of it!
2015-06-02 7:59 AM
in reply to: #5119753

User image

Thanks for the reply, that's the kind of information I was looking for.
2015-06-05 7:36 PM

User image

New user
Green Bay, WI
Those bikes fit extremely different from each other. I would recommended getting fit from hopefully an independent fitter or at least one tha carries multiple lines. That way they aren't biased to their brands. From there you can fine multiple brands that will fit you and decide what you like best. For me I really wanted a Shiv but it was on the other end of the fit spectrum of what I fit in to. I ended up with an Argon and I never even heard of it until I got fit.
2015-06-08 6:33 PM
in reply to: #5119831

User image

There are a couple of shops that carry two or three brands each and both do fits so hopefully I'll be able to find one that agrees with me. I've read in some reviews on Facebook, which I usually don't put much weight in, that Felts customer service and warranty program are horrid.
2015-06-08 6:51 PM

The Shiv Tri is a very high-stack bike, so make sure you fit it properly.

This can be great (i.e. you don't need a ton of aerodynamic spacers under the stem), or difficult (i.e. you can't get low enough).

The design was for the "average" AGer, so it works well for many, but the folks with aggressive positions may have to size down and go with a longer (or negative rise) stem.

In the $2-3k range I'd go with the Shiv or the new P2.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » P2, B12, Shiv, Slice, Speed Concept Quirks Rss Feed