General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Two Questions: HIM Recovery & Bone Bruises Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-06-11 9:45 AM

User image

Regular
Kansas
Subject: Two Questions: HIM Recovery & Bone Bruises
This past weekend I completed a HIM distance race in brutally tough conditions. I took Monday-Wednesday completely off & woke up this morning and did a half hour of extremely light cycling. I was planning on going to the pool tomorrow to do some light swimming. My search for information on this subject isn't working, so I thought I'd ask all of you - is this what my recovery should be like? Less, or more?

Secondly, at the beginning of April - I had done something stupid that I feel yielded a possible bone bruise. Long story short, I ended up with what I felt recovered from the injury. I had ran 14 miles (on a treadmill), other runs on a track, & then right before the HIM I ran on streets- All with no issues. Come race day - swim & bike went great, but two miles into my run, my foot started hurting where my injury had been. Between that and the heat, it affected my whole race. The pain was on my right foot, on the right side & up on the ball part close to the side but under my pinky toe (not on the toe, but foot). Afterwards, my foot felt fine and it still does - no pain whatsoever. What gives? How long do bone bruises last? Will they heal if I continue to exercise and train? Is it a bone bruise?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Two Questions: HIM Recovery & Bone Bruises Rss Feed