Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Need Help??? Set-Up GoFundMe Fundraising Website???? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2015-06-15 9:59 PM

User image

Pearland,Tx
Subject: Need Help??? Set-Up GoFundMe Fundraising Website????
Guys/Gals

I am planning on doing either an IM or Irondistance and do fund raising. It is actually for my Special Needs Son's School to build a special needs playground. I have a few questions below.

1.) Would donors be able to get tax breaks from the amount they donate? how? note:Every cent goes to the school.(Public school).

2.) All my training supplies,reg. Fees , Equipment will be my own , but can my training expenses be tax deductible .

The race is not necessarily IM branded and if it is i have no plans on filtering it through WTC.

Anymore additional info helps and thanks in advance.

Carlo

2015-06-16 2:55 PM
in reply to: strykergt

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
Subject: RE: Need Help??? Set-Up GoFundMe Fundraising Website????

Originally posted by strykergt Guys/Gals I am planning on doing either an IM or Irondistance and do fund raising. It is actually for my Special Needs Son's School to build a special needs playground. I have a few questions below. 1.) Would donors be able to get tax breaks from the amount they donate? how? note:Every cent goes to the school.(Public school). 2.) All my training supplies,reg. Fees , Equipment will be my own , but can my training expenses be tax deductible . The race is not necessarily IM branded and if it is i have no plans on filtering it through WTC. Anymore additional info helps and thanks in advance. Carlo

Personally I am not inclined to donate to someone so they can do an IM, maybe it is the way it is presented in this forum, short and sweet and to the point, but to me, it is not something I see being a huge success in getting money.

I hope I am wrong and I hope you sons school gets the playground they need though!

2015-06-16 2:55 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Originally posted by strykergt Guys/Gals I am planning on doing either an IM or Irondistance and do fund raising. It is actually for my Special Needs Son's School to build a special needs playground. I have a few questions below. 1.) Would donors be able to get tax breaks from the amount they donate? how? note:Every cent goes to the school.(Public school). 2.) All my training supplies,reg. Fees , Equipment will be my own , but can my training expenses be tax deductible . The race is not necessarily IM branded and if it is i have no plans on filtering it through WTC. Anymore additional info helps and thanks in advance. Carlo

Personally I am not inclined to donate to someone so they can do an IM, maybe it is the way it is presented in this forum, short and sweet and to the point, but to me, it is not something I see being a huge success in getting money.

I hope I am wrong and I hope you sons school gets the playground they need though!

2015-06-17 2:25 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pearland,Tx
not helpful at all

Edited by strykergt 2015-06-17 2:41 AM
2015-06-17 5:46 AM

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

I'll try to leave my personal feelings about the whole GoFundMe thing out of this...

From my understanding of tax deductions, you would either need to be able to provide each person with a receipt for the amount that was donated to the charity, or they would need to make the donation directly to the charity itself, and not through a third party. However, this being a public school, I doubt any of it would be tax deductible, unless by some strange twist it's a designated 501.c.3 charity.

And your training expenses would not be tax deductible.

2015-06-17 9:40 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I don't know how large or elaborate a playground you are thinking of, but it is a huge task.  Below is a link to a great all abilities park built in my City with the help of several service organizations and a foundation.  Creating a 501c3 foundation and soliciting help from local service organizations might be more productive.  Good luck to you - sounds like a great cause.

http://www.roundrocktexas.gov/departments/parks-and-recreation/parks-trails/play-park/

ETA:  since you're in Texas, you should make plans to visit the park on your next trip to Central Texas.

Edited by Hook'em 2015-06-17 9:41 AM

2015-06-17 6:26 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Pearland,Tx
Dave and Doug

those are great info ill research more on 503c

thanks
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Need Help??? Set-Up GoFundMe Fundraising Website???? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Fundraising question- need help - poll

Started by DLR1
Views: 1126 Posts: 10

2013-06-29 1:07 PM popsracer

Need help with blog/fundraising

Started by lmhutch86
Views: 814 Posts: 6

2012-06-08 6:09 PM ratherbeswimming

Need a prayer to the UPS gods...

Started by condorman
Views: 1317 Posts: 11