Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Game of Thrones Finale (Spoilers) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2015-06-16 2:52 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
Subject: Game of Thrones Finale (Spoilers)

So is Jon Snow dead?

Is errrbody dead on that show? I cannot remember a season finale where so may leading characters appear to have been killed off!

(also sad that COJ is dead)

2015-06-16 3:38 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Game of Thrones Finale (Spoilers)

I have only read the books, not seen the show, but I assume these things would be similar.  I thought with certainty that Jon was dead, but if you read Wikipedia it says "his fate is unclear."   I also felt there was some later foreshadowing of his not being dead, or maybe I heard that somewhere. I now think it's been intentially left open. 

I know... there are only so many favorite characters that can die before you say - REALLY??????

2015-06-17 9:32 AM
in reply to: BikerGrrrl

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I watched the finale last night.  I thought the season has been pretty good, but I think there are too many potential cliff hangers right now.  There were several people that appeared to have died or been killed last night, but did they really kill someone from almost every story line?  I keep having cheesy soap opera endings running through my head ...tune in next time to see if Lady Brienne actually kills Stannis...will Jon Snow turn into a white walker?  is he even dead at all?...does Reek brake Sansa's fall?....  

2015-06-18 11:16 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Tejas
The red witch is at Castle Black. I think she will revive him somehow. Reek and Sansa, not dead. Probably landed on some hay or a pond. Winterfell is not that tall so the fall was not that high.

Am I the only one who thought they spent waaaaay to much airtime on Cercei's naked walk of shame? I mean OK, she's an extremely nice looking woman and they made us wait five years for it, but come on. They could have put a lot more story in the finale otherwise.

I haven't read the series past the fourth book, so I have no idea if my predictions are even remotely close. But remember in the third season they had the gang that lived in the cave and Berick Donderrion was brought back to life after the Hound killed him? I even suspect Momma Stark might return!! What ever happened to Gendry?

Edited by mdg2003 2015-06-18 11:21 AM
2015-06-18 12:32 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Originally posted by mdg2003 The red witch is at Castle Black. I think she will revive him somehow. Reek and Sansa, not dead. Probably landed on some hay or a pond. Winterfell is not that tall so the fall was not that high. Am I the only one who thought they spent waaaaay to much airtime on Cercei's naked walk of shame? I mean OK, she's an extremely nice looking woman and they made us wait five years for it, but come on. They could have put a lot more story in the finale otherwise. I haven't read the series past the fourth book, so I have no idea if my predictions are even remotely close. But remember in the third season they had the gang that lived in the cave and Berick Donderrion was brought back to life after the Hound killed him? I even suspect Momma Stark might return!! What ever happened to Gendry?

I agree with all of this.  Thoros of Myhr (kinda sad I remember some of this) was an adherent to the Lord of Light (Melisandre's god) and was able to bring folks back to life.  Convenient that Melisandre showed up at CB when she did.  I didn't recall it, but in the last book Jon's death was hinted at, but he passed out, and his last word was "Ghost", so no one knows his status.

Never saw Stannis' head roll, and I had this feeling that he was looking behind Brienne in that scene, so that's not a given either.

Momma Stark may or may not return in the book, in some form....

Except that they used a body double for Cersei's walk.  I was actually going to comment to my wife, "she has a pretty nice body for having three kids... " but wisely (I think) held my tongue.

There are a bunch of blogs out there, but one in particular lists all the characters that we are finally up to in the book (i.e. Jon Snow), those that are close (i,.e. sansa and theon), and those that have gone way off script so have nothing to do with the book anymore (ie stannis, I think)

Edited by ChrisM 2015-06-18 12:35 PM
2015-06-18 2:00 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
My issue was the finale was seemed like the entire season was built up just for this episode. There was some good parts but it did lack a lot of excitement.

I think John Snow will be back. Something about how his blood flowed uphill was the same as the babies that turned into white walkers. Also the Red witch could maybe make a firewalker? except the traitor part I almost think she put them up too it.

I suspect Stannis is dead just wanted some suspense. I was really hoping he would take Winterfell. I am just glad Sensa escaped. I am sure she would not have jumped if it was not safe. Makes me wonder what will happen to little finger now. I think he just made a major enemy.

2015-06-18 7:40 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by ChrisM

Except that they used a body double for Cersei's walk.

Argh, so much for my delight in thinking it was her.... I thought since they spent so much airtime it had to be real! Putting a face on a body double was probably a snap for their cgi people after making those dragons and white walkers.
2015-06-22 9:29 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

I am leaning this way also thinking the red witch will bring him back.  Thinking back to the scene with the hounds fight in a cave which we saw someone brought back from the dead.

2015-06-22 9:25 PM
in reply to: Goggles Pizzano

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Someone needs to avenge House Stark, and it's not gonna be Rickon.

Melisandre needs kings blood for her magic, and the last shot was of Jon with his royal blood spilling out into the snow. Hopefully that wasn't an accident

I don't think he's dead. Or, if he is, he's only mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead.
2015-06-23 1:21 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Someone needs to avenge House Stark, and it's not gonna be Rickon. Melisandre needs kings blood for her magic, and the last shot was of Jon with his royal blood spilling out into the snow. Hopefully that wasn't an accident I don't think he's dead. Or, if he is, he's only mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead.

They already got the kings blood from Stannis' daughter.  As with Khal Drogo, death must pay for life.  Jon Snow will be back

2015-06-25 1:08 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Someone needs to avenge House Stark, and it's not gonna be Rickon. Melisandre needs kings blood for her magic, and the last shot was of Jon with his royal blood spilling out into the snow. Hopefully that wasn't an accident I don't think he's dead. Or, if he is, he's only mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead.

I think this now as soon as I started to read this thread.  I just took it for granted that he was dead following the "trend" of the show.

Ned stark CAN'T die...  Nope

Red Wedding CAN'T have really happened (dream/vision?)  Nope

The hound CAN'T really just die in the desert.  Nope

SO, John is dead.  BUT they can easily have someone find his body in the opening scene of next season to find him "mostly" dead (maybe Sam comes back for some reason) and saves him...

I'll probably have that hope/expectation and NOPE, he's dead...

2015-06-26 10:42 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Kill the boy and let the man be born.

2015-06-29 8:27 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by dmiller5

They already got the kings blood from Stannis' daughter.  As with Khal Drogo, death must pay for life.  Jon Snow will be back

I think they used up the kings blood from Stannis' daughter when they got the snow to melt, clearing the way for the Worst. Siege. Ever.
2015-07-01 10:32 AM

User image

Expert
Oklahoma
Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

I don't think he's dead. Or, if he is, he's only mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead.

So is Billy Crystal going to bring him back to life next season? LOL!
2015-07-01 10:53 AM
in reply to: EKH

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Originally posted by EKH

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

So is Billy Crystal going to bring him back to life next season? LOL!

It would take a miracle.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Game of Thrones Finale (Spoilers) Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Game of Thrones - BOOKS Discussion (Spoilers) Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

Started by KSH
Views: 15148 Posts: 214

2014-06-20 9:32 PM strykergt

Game of Thrones Third Season (spoilers) Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 13045 Posts: 153

2014-05-28 12:47 PM tuwood

Simpsons Meets Game of Thrones - Classic

Started by jsklarz
Views: 889 Posts: 7

2012-04-07 1:59 PM BellinghamSpence

Game of Thrones on HBO

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 1023 Posts: 12

2011-04-19 1:01 PM ell-in-or

Game of Thrones on HBO - Getting Excited? Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by madkat
Views: 10077 Posts: 128

2012-03-19 1:46 PM Rudedog55
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2014
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Why it’s so hard for us to talk about losing at a simple game? Sports are supposed to be about building positive character, supposed to be about fairness, equality, and striving for excellence.

date : September 16, 2010
author : LifterCatcher
comments : 3
As the fog cleared, the buoy that I first saw earlier in the morning was just the first marker in a very long line of buoys that stretched across the lake like a runway for a 747 jetliner.
date : April 2, 2006
author : Manny
comments : 0
Training tips and lessons to keeping your head in the game.

date : July 17, 2005
author : Michael
comments : 0
Why is it so hard to start over after an extended leave from the sport. When it comes to training we can't live in our glory days!