Other Resources The Political Joe » So much to discuss; and so little threads.... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2015-06-17 7:44 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho
Subject: So much to discuss; and so little threads....

Duggars, Jeb, The Donald, GOP clown car, Clinton.    

Why aren't we talking about ANY of these things.  I fear the "Political Joe" has evolved into decaf. 

2015-06-18 2:05 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Veteran
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: So much to discuss; and so little threads....

Because we all have come to agreement on everything and there is nothing to discuss .

2015-06-18 9:11 PM

User image

New user
Austin, Texas

I gotta hand it to Trump. The man is a job creator. I mean think of all those people at his rally that got paid 50 bucks to cheer for him

2015-06-19 8:28 AM
in reply to: trijamie

User image

Master
Centennial, CO

Sadly, this is what BT had become.  

2015-06-19 9:04 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Yeah there have been a few things I looked to see a a thread on and nothing. GOP has too many people running for president and Democrats have not enough. I wonder though is it a super pac thing. GOP gets a lot of money for them so best to get in and get some of that money. Since the candidate can not tell the pac what to do if your not seriously running is there a way to personally profit off a super pac? Then again someone has to win it and if your not in it you can not win it. Never know who is going to start rallying around you I guess.
2015-06-19 4:41 PM
in reply to: 0

We could talk about Bruce Jenner's Cat...it's a beagle!

http://bluegrasspreps.com/bluegrasspreps-coms-break/bruce-jenners-c...

Edited by Puppetmaster 2015-06-19 4:43 PM

2015-06-22 9:01 AM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Originally posted by chirunner134

Yeah there have been a few things I looked to see a a thread on and nothing. GOP has too many people running for president and Democrats have not enough. I wonder though is it a super pac thing. GOP gets a lot of money for them so best to get in and get some of that money. Since the candidate can not tell the pac what to do if your not seriously running is there a way to personally profit off a super pac? Then again someone has to win it and if your not in it you can not win it. Never know who is going to start rallying around you I guess.

Of the top 10 political donors in 2012, 8 of them gave almost exclusively to Democrats.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

2015-06-22 11:37 AM
in reply to: Jackemy1

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Originally posted by Jackemy1
Originally posted by chirunner134 Yeah there have been a few things I looked to see a a thread on and nothing. GOP has too many people running for president and Democrats have not enough. I wonder though is it a super pac thing. GOP gets a lot of money for them so best to get in and get some of that money. Since the candidate can not tell the pac what to do if your not seriously running is there a way to personally profit off a super pac? Then again someone has to win it and if your not in it you can not win it. Never know who is going to start rallying around you I guess.
Of the top 10 political donors in 2012, 8 of them gave almost exclusively to Democrats. https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

That can't be true - everyone knows that the Koch brothers are buying all of the elections.  Koch Industries is 48th on that list with at least 15 unions ranked higher.

2015-06-22 11:44 AM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Originally posted by Hook'em

Originally posted by chirunner134 Yeah there have been a few things I looked to see a a thread on and nothing. GOP has too many people running for president and Democrats have not enough. I wonder though is it a super pac thing. GOP gets a lot of money for them so best to get in and get some of that money. Since the candidate can not tell the pac what to do if your not seriously running is there a way to personally profit off a super pac? Then again someone has to win it and if your not in it you can not win it. Never know who is going to start rallying around you I guess.
Of the top 10 political donors in 2012, 8 of them gave almost exclusively to Democrats. https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

That can't be true - everyone knows that the Koch brothers are buying all of the elections.  Koch Industries is 48th on that list with at least 15 unions ranked higher.

Its called dark money for a reason. We are not allowed to know who is donating what anymore. That would bad for the donors.
2015-06-22 12:14 PM
in reply to: velocomp

User image

Pro

Originally posted by velocomp

Nah - a more correct statement would be that this is what all "chat" boards have become.  It's all FB, twitter, snapchat, etc. now........this format is a dinosaur.  I still enjoy it, but I'm a dinosaur too compared to the folks who really stay on the front end of things.

2015-06-22 1:40 PM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Originally posted by chirunner134

Originally posted by Hook'em

Its called dark money for a reason. We are not allowed to know who is donating what anymore. That would bad for the donors.

And worse for freedom of speech....And while we are at it, we can open the curtains to voting booth. The public needs to see how you vote. We wouldn't want you to "accidentally" check the wrong box by mistake and upset the community organizer.

2015-06-23 2:21 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

Originally posted by Left Brain

Nah - a more correct statement would be that this is what all "chat" boards have become.  It's all FB, twitter, snapchat, etc. now........this format is a dinosaur.  I still enjoy it, but I'm a dinosaur too compared to the folks who really stay on the front end of things.

At our age we use complete sentences.
2015-06-23 5:15 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Puppetmaster

I guess that's part of it.  I don't tweet, snap, instagram, or Facebook.  I'll send a text or two but I don't really get it.  I'd rather talk.  These types of boards are about as advanced as I care to be.

Edited by Left Brain 2015-06-23 5:16 PM
2015-06-23 6:04 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

I guess that's part of it.  I don't tweet, snap, instagram, or Facebook.  I'll send a text or two but I don't really get it.  I'd rather talk.  These types of boards are about as advanced as I care to be.

You are all aging yourselves terribly. 

And LB, you need to get your son an official instagram for his new pro career. I'm only half joking.  Pro's ain't making money from wins, they make it from sponsors.  Bigger social media following means you are more marketable.

2015-06-23 7:11 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by dmiller5

And LB, you need to get your son an official instagram for his new pro career. I'm only half joking.  Pro's ain't making money from wins, they make it from sponsors.  Bigger social media following means you are more marketable.

He's actually done a pretty good job keeping his social media sites clean and almost only for his sports.  He's pretty happy with his one and only sponsor.....but the payoff to the company from sponsoring him is so far not panning out. 

College visits start next month so there is still hope that the company will see a profit from sponsoring him.

Edited by Left Brain 2015-06-23 7:12 PM
2015-06-24 2:32 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

Originally posted by dmiller5

That's Ok like the shirt says " I seen all the good concerts"

2015-06-28 3:50 PM
in reply to: Puppetmaster

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I apologize.  I haven't been on as much to start all the dumb threads about every topic of the day.

2015-06-29 3:23 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Originally posted by tuwood

I apologize.  I haven't been on as much to start all the dumb threads about every topic of the day.

No kidding!  Let's stay on top of these things, OK?!  lol

2015-06-30 12:27 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jeffnboise

No kidding!  Let's stay on top of these things, OK?!  lol

One thing I love about BT is the mix of people on here.  Almost every other discussion outlet I have is filled with like minded folks which kind of sucks.  I've changed my views on several things over the years due to these forums.  You guys are still wrong on some things, but hey nobodies perfect.  haha

2015-09-13 9:04 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Kim Davis.  Gay Marriage.  Oathkeepers.

Discuss.........

2015-09-14 8:51 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Discuss.........

I sort of hope Kim Davis goes to jail again, if only so that I can listen to Mike Huckabee explain how the Supreme Court is violating the Constitution by perfoming the exact role that the Constitution says they're supposed to perform. I wore out the "rewind" button on my remote trying to sort that one out.

2015-09-14 9:34 AM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Discuss.........

I sort of hope Kim Davis goes to jail again, if only so that I can listen to Mike Huckabee explain how the Supreme Court is violating the Constitution by perfoming the exact role that the Constitution says they're supposed to perform. I wore out the "rewind" button on my remote trying to sort that one out.

I'm actually with you on this one. Kim Davis is just wrong, period.  When you fulfill a public role you have to follow the laws of that position.  If she doesn't agree personally with a new law she has every right to resign from her position and let somebody else do it.

Then for politicians to take it and run like she's being persecuted for her religious liberties etc etc just makes them look silly.  She's being persecuted for not doing the job she was appointed/elected (not sure which) to do.

2015-09-14 9:52 AM

Master
, California

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Discuss.........

I'm actually with you on this one. Kim Davis is just wrong, period.  When you fulfill a public role you have to follow the laws of that position.  If she doesn't agree personally with a new law she has every right to resign from her position and let somebody else do it.

Then for politicians to take it and run like she's being persecuted for her religious liberties etc etc just makes them look silly.  She's being persecuted for not doing the job she was appointed/elected (not sure which) to do.

Her position is elected.  That's the only reason she still has it.

Here's the thing - she wasn't even thrown in jail for failure to do that job.  It was for contempt of court.  If a judge tells you to do something and you think he's wrong, *you appeal*.  If you ignore him, well, no surprise what'll happen next.  But I wouldn't be surprised if she's getting some sort of kickback from one of the many organizations that are trying to make a martyr out of her.

2015-09-14 3:12 PM

User image

Veteran
Stevens Point, Wisconsin

Discuss.........

I think you know about how I feel on these topics =).

If you hold a public office you have to obey the laws of the land.  This is where there should be a different (I have no idea what) process to remove people from elected office.  From what I understand (and its not much) of KY law is that it would be difficult to do so.

2015-09-14 3:55 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

This is a very good point.  Not sure if you made it in the other thread and I just missed it?

It went from talking to real people, to message boards, to FB, to 140 (or less?) characters in twitter, to basically just a quick picture with 30 character heading in snapchat.  It's more flash updates than real substance or conversation these days.  So be it if that's the trend.  It will pass, as most things do...

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » So much to discuss; and so little threads.... Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

NC school bans 9 yo's My Little Pony Backpack Pages: 1 2 3

Started by switch
Views: 4332 Posts: 56

2014-03-25 2:28 PM Aarondb4

Yay, a gun thread Pages: 1 2

Started by tuwood
Views: 2746 Posts: 28

2013-09-11 5:09 PM powerman

Non-UnionizedTwinkies weigh less, have fewer calories

Started by DanielG
Views: 1330 Posts: 9

2013-07-18 11:23 AM crimefighter2

'The' Gun Thread Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48

Started by Ron
Views: 40921 Posts: 1177

2013-06-21 10:20 AM powerman

Gun threads - UPDATE

Started by Ron
Views: 2890 Posts: 2

2013-06-06 12:18 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 4, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Are you a mindless eater? Do you eat too much at meals? Or do you graze throughout the day? Start getting rid of those bad habits today.

date : July 17, 2005
author : chrisandniki
comments : 0
“Too bad there’s not anything like this for triathletes.” There are a million books and articles on how to train. One of the toughest parts of triathlon training is how to fit them into everyday life.