General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Form Drills: How often and when? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-06-21 10:12 PM

User image

Subject: Form Drills: How often and when?
So, this week I decided to do form drills for everyday that I run (now and the future). I used to only do these randomly once a week if I showed up with my local tri club for track workouts. We'd do 2 mile warm up, ~5 minutes of drills, the main set, and then ~1-2 mile cool down. Well I decided to do these more often but I find stopping solo in my workout to do these seems awkward, so I've been doing them at the end of my workout near my house or car. Hopefully they still help but it seems like a lot of videos suggest doing these after a warm up. Thoughts?

2015-06-21 10:50 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Form Drills: How often and when?
I do them in various runs for various reasons. Sometimes I add them into my longer aerobic runs to cut down on the stress on the body and break up the monotony of a run without intervals of sorts. Something like an easy 10' w/u with repeat bouts of 5' easy running, 15-20" of a drill, 45" of walking back into a run. Do that for 50-70 minutes and you just banged out a very easy, light active recovery run and getting in a decent amount of the without really stressing the body.

I also use them for some neuro-stim before hitting the track or a hill workout. Focus on form and getting the legs to turnover. Or sometimes I will do drills to build muscle tension before a race to the the "spring" in my stride.

Edited by bcagle25 2015-06-21 10:54 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Form Drills: How often and when? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Running form and drills to address issues

Started by switch
Views: 1322 Posts: 12

2013-08-21 3:24 PM switch

"Just Swim" or "Drill, Drill, Drill"? Pages: 1 2

Started by Tom Demerly.
Views: 3396 Posts: 29

2012-05-22 11:14 PM gwbuild

Importance of form drills in running

Started by sdejan
Views: 2606 Posts: 10

2011-03-21 9:43 AM FoggyGoggles

TI Drills vs. Other Drills and Laps

Started by Tri Iowa
Views: 1032 Posts: 4

2006-01-06 3:16 PM TH3_FRB

shoes: replace how often?

Started by Sharkie
Views: 1482 Posts: 17

2004-02-27 4:05 PM Lara
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 5, 2010
author : Sara McLarty
comments : 0
This installment of the BT Swim Series will focus on the four major parts of the arm stroke in freestyle: Catch, Pull, Finish, & Recovery.

date : July 9, 2007
author : gsmacleod
Taking the time to have your running form analyzed can help many athletes run further, faster or both!
date : June 11, 2007
author : sportfactory
Learning about the proper pedal interface, how to best acheive pedal force, good cycling form and bike fit, we can learn to achieve greater bike speed.

date : December 8, 2006
author : acbadger
This is the time of year where you focus on your ‘weakest’ event and practice your drills, techniques, form, etc. Here I list some BT training plan options to get you through the off-season.
date : August 22, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions regarding running form and blisters.

date : January 24, 2005
author : Don Magie
A better bike is not the answer to meeting your performance goals. I mean if you gave Nike running shoes to a tortoise would he move any faster?
date : November 28, 2004
author : Tri Swim Coach
Work your weakness. In the sport of triathlon, most coaches agree that you should spend the most time working on your weakest of the three sports. For many of you this will be swimming!

date : October 24, 2004
author : tri-en
If you are like many runners you may be frustrated at racing 5K distances and never being able to run them faster. Improve your race pace with this flexible 12 week program.