Peoria Runner's Series
90F / 32C
Sunny
Total Time = 29m 54s
Overall Rank = 15/
Age Group = M40-44
Age Group Rank = 1/4
Pre-race routine:

Banana and a cup of coffee at home, headed off to the race site with plenty of time
Event warmup:

since it was a short race and I had time, decided to run an easy mile (9:09) before the race and then do some stretching. glad that I didn't have any tightness in my left hammy like I typically seem to do
Run
  • 29m 54s
  • 4 miles
  • 07m 29s  min/mile
Comments:

good run. not as fast as I was hoping, but made my sub :30 goal (barely). humbling to have a girl pass me at 1.5 miles pushing a jogging stroller, but I paced off of her for the next 1.5mi and passed her around mile 3. the heat and the rolling hills were definitely a factor in slowing down my pace
What would you do differently?:

train more hills - - but I should do that anyway
Post race
Warm down:

thought I had a good shot of placing in my AG, so I decided to hang around. knowing the awards ceremony wouldn't be for awhile, I decided to get in a few more miles (2). since I wasn't getting my "long" run in this week, running a total of 7 miles with 4 at race pace seemed like a good day

What limited your ability to perform faster:

hills and heat. Saturday (the day before) was not as hot at 7am as it was on this day

Event comments:

great way to celebrate Father's Day and probably the start of a new tradition for me. the t-shirt was awesomely cheesy.

Last updated: 2015-06-20 12:00 AM
Running
00:29:54 | 04 miles | 07m 29s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/4
Overall: 15/
Performance: Good
Course: from Thunderbird Paseo Park. Down one side of the wash/canal and back up the other. Total elevation didn't add up to much, but course was hillier than I would've have thought.
Keeping cool Average Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2015-06-22 9:51 PM

User image

Elite
the desert
Subject: Father's Day 4 Miler
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Father's Day 4 Miler Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Father's Day Triathlon/Duathlon, Kids Mini-Tri, &

Started by skavoovie
Views: 1356 Posts: 4

2008-06-17 2:31 AM skavoovie

Father's Day 5/10K

Started by Martinivixen
Views: 866 Posts: 1

2007-06-18 10:38 AM Martinivixen

Father's Day 5M

Started by DannyCapp
Views: 1005 Posts: 2

2007-06-18 4:47 PM KSH

Father's Day 5/10k

Started by akustix
Views: 1337 Posts: 3

2006-06-25 2:04 PM dlugiwarriors

Father's Day Race

Started by jjweav
Views: 1078 Posts: 3

2006-06-19 8:10 PM PTinVA
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 6, 2014
author : pdarley
comments : 2
The endurance element of triathlon training has been challenging and stimulating. When my daughter quickly agreed to enter this most recent Tri, I was ecstatic.

date : May 19, 2010
author : Patrick McCrann
comments : 1
Part 2 is about race day pacing, warming up and a discussion on the usefulness of powermeters and heart-rate monitors for half and full Iron distance races.
date : May 5, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 0
A few tips for beginners during taper week to settle your nerves. Includes a race day checklist and some race day tips.

date : August 8, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on race day weakness, long course nutrition, RPE on race day and the key to a successful Ironman marathon
date : July 28, 2008
author : mjguanella
Overweight, ex-high school athlete and father of three decides to enter a triathlon and gets more than he imagined.

date : July 2, 2006
author : acbadger
Is there a magic number of days off for your training plan? Is it a one size fits all or an an individual choice?
date : June 5, 2006
author : Michael
comments : 4
Do you celebrate Father's Day just once a year? Stop and take a little time to think about the other 364 days that could be Father’s Day for you.

date : June 14, 2005
author : tomp
Tips on swimming, biking and running to race-day lessons from this beginners first five months of training.