General Discussion Triathlon Talk » #TheTriathlonSquad Bike Workout Video Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-06-29 5:58 PM

Subject: #TheTriathlonSquad Bike Workout Video
Hi Everyone,

Magali [Tisseyre] got a request from the Ottowa Triathlon Club a little while back, asking for a "favorite one hour workout". She and I decided to go above and beyond and make a video explaining and showing it!

Featured in the video: Triathlon Squad athletes Magali Tisseyre, Felipe Van De Wyngard (Chilean Olympian), Manny Huerta (US Olympian) and myself. Fitness provided by: Paulo Sousa

Ride file on Strava:
https://www.strava.com/activities/333367770

https://vimeo.com/131997176

2015-06-29 6:45 PM
in reply to: Eric_Lagerstrom

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL
Subject: RE: #TheTriathlonSquad Bike Workout Video

Hi Eric - thanks for posting to the group. I look forward to checking the video out. Just wanted to make a little "bump" to this. Having signed up for AG draft legal in Clermont this year I absolutely LOVE your break-down videos from the bike leg of your ITU races - I just wish there were more! Thanks for sharing the inside scoop - you certainly know how to work it. It has made me a big fan!

2015-06-30 7:02 AM
in reply to: Eric_Lagerstrom

Master
Northern IL

Nice video Eric! Curious how hard these efforts are for you guys?

2015-06-30 10:10 AM
in reply to: TankBoy

Hey Rusty!

Thanks for following along, I hope you end up liking the video when you get around to watching! I wish I had more in-race stuff as well, but between mixing in non-draft racing and occasional camera malfunctions, it's hard to build up a huge library.

I'm headed to the Pan American Games in a couple weeks, where I'm pretty sure they won't let me have a camera.. But one week later will by my WTS debut for the year in Germany, and I'll make sure I've got things rolling for that. There's a good chance I'll be in both the individual and team relay, so I'll have a week full of editing film after that

I'm also hoping to do some of that style video with workouts and this was basically the first step. I wanted to practice presenting a training session, so when the rest of the ITU crew gets back here to Poway, I can be ready to film a large group race simulation workout or something.

-Eric
2015-06-30 10:14 AM
in reply to: brigby1

Thanks!

Paulo describes this session as "HARD!!" Which basically means "hit the highest watts you can without blowing up" or only blowing up a little haha

I usually try to build by 5-10 watts from rep 1-3, then hang on through 4-5.

-Eric
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » #TheTriathlonSquad Bike Workout Video Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Road Bike -> Tri Bike Critique (video)

Started by crr5071
Views: 1009 Posts: 2

2013-06-19 8:34 AM fisherman76

Mtn bike workout VS road bike workout Pages: 1 2

Started by ingleshteechur
Views: 4374 Posts: 27

2010-10-07 7:55 AM Meulen

Today's workout = Video Games!

Started by faded_memories
Views: 1610 Posts: 13

2010-07-30 11:56 AM eggletina

Video of me on a new bike

Started by trilover
Views: 756 Posts: 5

2005-08-16 8:52 AM JeepFleeb

Bike Training Video

Started by Ripped Nig
Views: 833 Posts: 13

2004-09-05 8:14 AM max
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 28, 2011
author : juliapurr
comments : 0
Bored out of your mind or watching a movie? Amp it up on the bike trainer.

date : July 20, 2011
author : mikericci
comments : 1
Strategies for getting used to running off the bike when starting triathlon or taking on a new distance.
date : December 28, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 1
Tired of your bike trainer already? Here are two indoor bike trainer workouts that you can use to keep things interesting while keeping your cycling fitness up.

date : June 18, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 3
Easily transfer your workout data from your Garmin, Polar, Timex and more directly into your BT training log. Eliminate the manual entries. Save time!
date : February 18, 2008
author : mrakes1
Getting ready for a long workout? Here are some nutritional guidelines on how best to fuel your body in preparation for that long workout.

date : December 5, 2007
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
What makes a triathlon bike a triathlon bike? Learn about angles, seating, position, aerobars, and the importance of a proper bike fit.
date : December 4, 2007
author : mrakes1
A quick and easy 20 minute at home strength training workout. This is a freeweight workout, so only a few dumbbells are needed.

date : January 30, 2005
author : Glenn
Many of us do not enjoy the ‘pleasures’ of training on a stationery trainer. “Boring”, ”mind-numbing”, “a drag” are three phrases often associated with indoor trainers.