General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit shorts Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2015-07-10 6:29 AM
in reply to: zedzded

User image

Ottawa, Ontario
Subject: RE: Wetsuit shorts
Swimming in neoprene shorts all the time is cheating yourself - they're a useful tool but you do need to swim without them to really learn how to engage your core and the entire kinetic chain to get proper body position. They feel awesome to swim in, and early on I found them helpful to give me a feel for what proper body position felt like, but you don't have to work to achieve that proper position, so you're not really learning good habits.

If your goal is to be a faster swimmer, then use your current neoprene shorts as a tool, but spend most of your pool time in a regular swimsuit. If all you want to do is keep up with the rest of your squad in practice, swim in the neoprene shorts - if you're going to cheat, might as well go full bore, no need to find thinner shorts to cheat halfway.

If you want something that will give you a little help in the water but still be wetsuit-legal, you may want to look into something like a DeSoto Liftfoil.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit shorts Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Wetsuit/bike shorts/tri shorts

Started by femanual
Views: 1880 Posts: 13

2010-10-18 9:05 PM Flapjack

Budget short wetsuits?

Started by jflongo
Views: 782 Posts: 13

2010-08-19 12:58 PM mchubri`

short sleeve wetsuits?

Started by sblancha4
Views: 711 Posts: 4

2010-06-15 10:15 AM Kevin_MS

Running Shorts Under Wetsuit

Started by andysrc
Views: 1436 Posts: 6

2009-06-12 6:17 PM JohnAgs3

wetsuit - long sleeve vs short

Started by chi-fire
Views: 8862 Posts: 10

2007-06-13 7:03 AM drdi
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 24, 2012
comments : 1
Your wetsuit is a substantial investment, and proper care will extend its life considerably.

date : June 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Second in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries
date : February 4, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Learn about the different styles of triathlon wetsuits, how to choose one and why it is beneficial to have one.

date : November 17, 2008
author : Ontherun
In part 3 of this series on mid-range fullsuits, we review the Neo Sport Sprint fullsuit for comfort, warmth, buoyancy and performance.
date : September 3, 2008
author : Ontherun
The first video in this series will go through some wetsuit basics: what is a triathlon wetsuit, different styles, rules for racing with a wetsuit and wetsuit care and fit.

date : August 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
I'm doing my first tri Saturday. It starts at 7 AM and the forecast is calling for a high of 82 (air temp). Do I need to rush out and get a wetsuit?
date : July 7, 2008
author : Ron
This is a 'first impressions' review of the Fit2Race Sockeye Fullsuit. From a first wetsuit point-of-view, I was able to dramatically improve my pace over non-wetsuit swims.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
Downloadable race-day checklist for your triathlon preparation. Everything you need to bring from your bike to drinks.