General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » WTB: road bike, wetsuit, helmet, shoes, jersey, shorts, etc Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-07-01 11:07 AM

New user

Hayden, Idaho
Subject: WTB: road bike, wetsuit, helmet, shoes, jersey, shorts, etc
I got out of triathlons a few years ago, and sold everything I owned. I'm ready to get back into it now, so I figured I would turn to the forums for help in acquiring all the necessities. I'm on a pretty tight budget this time around, so please keep that in mind. It might be close to impossible, but I'm hoping to only spend around $500-700 on the bike, and hopefully under $1000 for everything. I'm 5'9", 185 pounds at the moment, so I'm thinking I'll probably need a 54cm bike and large for apparel.

I'm looking for the following:

1) Road bike - preferably 54cm, but can make a 52 or 56 work for the right price. Not interested in tri bikes at this time.
2) Wetsuit - previously had an Xterra and really liked it, but I'm open to pretty much anything
3) Helmet - I've got a pretty large melon, so I'll need a large
4) Shoes - I wear a 9.5-10, or 43-44, and prefer the 3-bolt pattern
5) Jersey - again, I'm 5'9", 185 lbs at the moment, so large should be good - sleeveless, short-sleeve, or tri top
6) Shorts - large should be a good fit - I wouldn't mind having a good pair of cycling shorts as well as some good tri shorts
7) Other accessories - cleats, clip-on aero bars, hand pump, etc

Feel free to let me know what you've got and how much you're asking to ship to 83835. Thanks.

Edited by murpbrad 2015-07-01 4:17 PM

2015-09-29 12:46 PM
in reply to: murpbrad

User image

Rochester, New York
Subject: RE: WTB: road bike, wetsuit, helmet, shoes, jersey, shorts, etc
Still need anything? I'm cleaning out some stuff and looking to get rid of some things.
Sell Gear
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » WTB: road bike, wetsuit, helmet, shoes, jersey, shorts, etc Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Specialized Expert road shoes, Sidi T2 shoes, kids helmet

Started by DLR1
Views: 954 Posts: 1

2015-06-26 2:53 PM DLR1

FS: Jerseys, tri shorts, derailluer, watch, etc...

Started by jackson61802
Views: 1730 Posts: 8

2011-03-11 5:01 PM LonghornSpencer

FS: Tri Tops, Bike Jerseys, Shorts, Arm and leg warmers, etc

Started by six_cubes
Views: 2194 Posts: 9

2011-03-28 2:38 PM silveral8

Trisuits, Bike Shorts, 9spd Parts, lots of Books etc etc

Started by slow triathlete
Views: 2089 Posts: 17

2010-06-15 7:23 AM slow triathlete

WTB - LG, Giro, etc Aero Helmet - large - >$100

Started by PompEner
Views: 922 Posts: 2

2010-05-12 1:27 PM PompEner
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : June 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Second in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries
date : December 27, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.

date : June 4, 2008
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Don't know how to setup your triathlon transition area? We cover everything from wetsuit tips, bike check, nutrition, shoes, equipment placement to actual race day execution.
date : May 30, 2005
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
Taking care of your equipment is very important, especially on a limited budget. The following are a few reminders of how to get your equipment to last as long as possible.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
comments : 0
Downloadable race-day checklist for your triathlon preparation. Everything you need to bring from your bike to drinks.