General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Time to get serious Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-07-02 9:05 AM

User image

Subject: Time to get serious
Okay, so as background here is my story: 50 year old female, started doing triathlons in 2010. I do sprints pretty much exclusively. I trained with a coach last year / went through treatment for (very minor) breast cancer and was on meds for a while that really messed up my ability to recover and I generally felt like crap a LOT. Over the winter I got rid of my coach and let myself have a little "pity party" where I backed off on training and let myself eat some (mucho) crap. I have also allowed myself to have wine with dinner on a pretty regular basis.

In the past I lost 20 pounds on Weight Watchers and my maintenance weight was 136. Right now I am 148 pounds. I feel GREAT (off all meds) but I saw the race pics from my first race of the year last Saturday and lets just say my trunk is full of junk right now. ( I would post the pic here but it is copyrighted.)

HOW do I do this???? How do I get 10 pounds off my arse right smack dab in the middle of racing season???? In all honesty, my only "A" race this year is AG Nationals, so I am essentially racing but not taking anything too seriously. But I really felt good at my goal weight. People tell me that WW is no good for endurance athletes because we need the calories but I am thinking that calories (points) still count for something, yes???

The past 2 weeks I have been tracking my food (just writing down everything) but I sort of liked the structure of WW - how about Fitness Pal? How do you like that?

This is mostly rambling and getting my thoughts down in writing but I would love to know how everyone "gets serious" and commits while still training?

Patti

2015-07-03 8:28 PM
in reply to: #5126266

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Subject: RE: Time to get serious
I use sparkpeople.com for tracking and weight loss. It can be set up to account for your training requirements, which is great.
2015-09-05 10:55 PM
in reply to: pugpenny

Hi Patti,

How are things going? I just joined so I'm a bit behind in the posts. I'm also trying to drop some weight but seeing how some time has elapsed since your post, I am in a different part of the training season now.

What did you end up selecting? I personally like WW but I do it on my own.

Jex
2015-10-24 2:40 PM
in reply to: drfoodlove

Hello I am Marian Jones. I am from the Philippines. I am 31 years old. 7 years ago I was obese. My height is 5'2'' and weighed 196 lbs. I joined a cycling class and a year later i lost 40lbs. I started running marathon 2 years ago. 6 months ago I joined my first ironman triathlon. Next month I will be joining another one. I now weigh 127lbs.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Time to get serious Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Getting Down, Getting Down, Trying to ride the weight loss train to Kona

Started by vagus
Views: 1298 Posts: 1

2012-04-30 10:44 AM vagus

Anyone loss any SERIOUS weight??? Pages: 1 2 3

Started by Kido
Views: 7118 Posts: 54

2010-02-27 5:59 PM Milkthecowbaby

Getting perspective

Started by ChrisM
Views: 1092 Posts: 7

2005-06-03 10:10 AM Hiccup

time to choose... time to lose Pages: 1 2

Started by stevencraig
Views: 3511 Posts: 41

2005-07-05 3:59 PM jamma

Getting Married Soon...Thoughts and ideas for Weight Loss

Started by You Got Owned
Views: 1209 Posts: 4

2004-07-01 10:50 PM audrey
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 22, 2011
author : writingrunner
comments : 1
Where to find the time WITHOUT getting up early

date : October 21, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
Part Three: What's Reality Got to Do with Anything Old?
date : September 16, 2011
Part Two: On Appreciation and Acceptance. At some point your body will let you down. Then you have to decide whether it is really the enemy.

date : August 19, 2011
comments : 1
Part One: On Speed, Desire and Age. There are some advantages to running slowly. Now, give me a minute here and I'll try to think of one.
date : November 16, 2009
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on a good stroke count, getting faster on the swim, swim drills to get faster, recommended swim drill time and 'my wetsuit is making me slow'.

date : September 10, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 6
Should I be working on getting faster at running by doing the longer distances and working up slowly over time or run faster for shorter distances now?
date : June 6, 2006
author : TriForrestTri
In order to maintain the rest of our life, we also have to become skilled at time management. Here are a few suggestions for getting workouts in when you can.

date : April 9, 2005
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
Males should be screened from their twenties onward with a fasting lipid profile to assess overall cardiovascular disease risk.