General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » First Sprint Next Weekend Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-07-10 7:17 PM

Subject: First Sprint Next Weekend
Hey Everyone! I am signed up to do my first triathalon next weekend, which is the Peach Classic Sprint, in Penticton.

Starting to freak out a bit that I haven't trained enough, and not sure if its just jitters or something to be worried about

I got active again last fall, after having been not so active since high school (now 27). Started training for the running and swimming in January, and the biking in May. My biggest fears at this point are biking hills, and the bike maintenance!!!!! Although I have been taught how to change a flat, I honestly don't know if I could do it during a race!

Hoping for the best, at this point I just want to finish!

2015-07-11 3:57 PM
in reply to: laurafunk014

User image

Extreme Veteran
Silicon Valley
Subject: RE: First Sprint Next Weekend
First welcome to the addiction. Second, don't worry about the race. You will be fine.

If you have given your bike a good once over you should not have any issues. Can you, or course, but the race is short so just go out there and have fun. It may not be as fast as you would like but the first one is just to finish, get a little race experience and have a blast.

Let us know how it goes.

2015-07-17 2:59 PM
in reply to: Stuartap

User image

Tyler,
Subject: RE: First Sprint Next Weekend

You will do great! Plenty of videos for you to learn how to change a flat. You can always sub a training session for a tire/tube changing session. 

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » First Sprint Next Weekend Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

First oly next weekend

Started by benc89
Views: 704 Posts: 4

2015-05-23 7:41 AM simpsonbo

First Sprint Tri this weekend!

Started by clcourtney68
Views: 710 Posts: 3

2012-05-09 4:38 PM wartho

Finished my first sprint this past weekend

Started by GeorgeW
Views: 1404 Posts: 7

2011-07-19 7:10 PM newtoness5

second tri next weekend

Started by theranger
Views: 511 Posts: 2

2006-08-18 12:33 PM BodyCheck

FIrst tri is next month - training for first marathon

Started by triOK
Views: 1011 Posts: 8

2006-05-16 10:20 AM mroylance
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 21, 2011
author : etra77
comments : 0
Aunt and Nephew do their first Sprint Triathlon together

date : June 22, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
Will you will finish your next triathlon swim strong, or will you run out of steam before you even start the majority of your race?
date : November 9, 2009
author : TexasHeatRunner
comments : 5
At mile ten I heard a noise like I had gotten paper in my spokes or something. I looked but saw nothing but a few seconds later my rear tire blows out.

date : October 7, 2008
author : gczarski
This past spring I realized a few of us were heading in the wrong direction physically. We were getting together for poker games and kids’ birthdays, but that was it.
date : October 7, 2008
author : mrakes1
comments : 3
Learn how to top off your muscles with energy during your race weekend taper! Carbo-load correctly and alleviate the possibility of GI distress by choosing the correct foods and when to eat them.

date : September 8, 2008
author : pjwalzphd
comments : 2
When I told my husband that I planned to work toward completing a sprint triathlon, he smiled and was supportive, but a bit disbelieving.
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
How to fit in a running workout in 30 minutes or less for a busy lifestyle