General Discussion Triathlon Talk » MCTOil Experiences? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-07-16 11:17 AM

User image

Veteran
The Woodlands, TX
Subject: MCTOil Experiences?
Wondering if anyone has had experiences with MCT oil?

My Dr told me he'd been using it for about a year or so and believes it's helping him with appetite control and food cravings. He's a pretty fit guy, but says he's dropped about 10-lbs in the last year with the MCT being the only change to his diet / fitness regime.

I bought a bottle and have started adding some to my morning coffee. No sure if I've come to any conclusions about it, so I thought I'd see if others have any experience.

2015-07-17 11:30 AM
in reply to: g_shotts

Subject: RE: MCTOil Experiences?
Hi there,

I have started MCT oil this year as well. Not specifically for weight loss- but just health benefits associated with it- I heard about it from a few health/fitness podcasts... so thought Id try it.

The only thing I can say is that it probably stops some hunger cravings.... I have not noticed any dramatic changes....
but then I don't with multi vitamins etc either.

The benefit immediate benefit with any of these type of "supplements" I have tried is the juicer.
I feel immediately much more alive and energetic.

Placebo or not- it works for me

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » MCTOil Experiences? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Experience with an obesity intervention...

Started by UrsusMaximus
Views: 993 Posts: 1

2015-04-27 4:46 PM UrsusMaximus

Tell me a little about your experience

Started by ldatug
Views: 914 Posts: 4

2007-12-07 3:44 PM mgmoore7

Experiences using a nutritionist

Started by GatorGirl22
Views: 1191 Posts: 10

2005-08-18 7:55 PM kimber
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 4, 2011
author : MikeyT1298
comments : 6
First time triathlete conquers swim struggle and finishes at the front of the pack

date : August 8, 2011
author : Gina60
comments : 16
I can't run a seven-minute mile anymore, but that doesn't take away from the joy of finishing
date : June 27, 2011
author : Trmlo
comments : 10
At 66 years old, I completed my first sprint triathlon!

date : May 27, 2011
author : sdswriter
comments : 15
A Middle-Aged, First-Time Triathlete Overcomes the Elements and Takes Care of Some Unfinished Business
date : May 26, 2011
author : gdsemiller
comments : 14
Towards the end of December 2010 both my daughter and son came up to me and said “Daddy we want you to get healthy and not die."

date : May 19, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
First in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries
date : April 27, 2011
author : brumby11
comments : 5
An impending baby inspires a father to become fit, along the way discovering world of triathlon

date : October 2, 2005
author : writers2
comments : 20
My First Half Ironman Experience-A Slow, Fat, Old Triathlete. Here is my story of my first, and probably only Half Ironman. I’m an almost 52 year old, VERY Athena triathlete.