Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Gravenhurst bike photos Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2015-07-20 8:01 PM

User image

Elite
Ontario
Subject: Gravenhurst bike photos
There was a guy at about km 25 - 30 taking some photos during the Olympic. He was taking some low angle shots from the ground that may look good but don't think he was part of the race photo crew. Anyone know anything about those pics being taken?

2015-07-23 1:11 PM
in reply to: GoFaster

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Gravenhurst bike photos

I don't about that specifically and you probably already know, the photos for the Milk Series are all posted to Facebook in albums so if they were part of that group then all the photos will be online and you can grab them. 

2015-07-23 8:18 PM

Veteran
London, Ontario
Are you concerned because there was a safety issue or are you inquiring as to how to get the pictures. We pay Mike Cheliak to shoot the races so you can have free high resolution pictures to download from Facebook. We did have a photographer that showed up and took pictures without our permission. I noticed that he had posted to our Facebook and had the link taken down. If you can provide more information I would appreciate it.
2015-07-24 7:52 AM

User image

Oakville

If you're looking for the actual photos, there is a gallery on the photographer's website:

http://martin-imaging.com/?project=2015-gravenhurst-triathlon

I raced in the Sprint on Sunday but didn't notice anyone with a camera on the bike course.

Cool looking photos.  

2015-07-24 1:28 PM
in reply to: Scott71

User image

Master
Rural Ontario
Those are some great looking photos. Were the sky & clouds have that intimidating look or is there some filter the photog used?
2015-07-31 10:37 AM
in reply to: Scott71

User image

Elite
Ontario

Originally posted by Scott71

If you're looking for the actual photos, there is a gallery on the photographer's website:

I raced in the Sprint on Sunday but didn't notice anyone with a camera on the bike course.

Cool looking photos.  

That's the one!!  Found the pic of me on the bike, and in 6 years of racing this takes the cake as the best ever.  Very different, and certainly worth spending money on because it is so unique.

2015-07-31 10:41 AM
in reply to: John Salt

User image

Elite
Ontario

Originally posted by John Salt Are you concerned because there was a safety issue or are you inquiring as to how to get the pictures. We pay Mike Cheliak to shoot the races so you can have free high resolution pictures to download from Facebook. We did have a photographer that showed up and took pictures without our permission. I noticed that he had posted to our Facebook and had the link taken down. If you can provide more information I would appreciate it.

John,

I was inquiring because I was very interested to see how that pic would turn out - and it looks pretty amazing.  I realize that he may not have had permission, but as I just stated in my other post - this picture is worth buying.  I appreciate that Multisport gives away the pics to athletes now and I'm resigned to the standard type of photo from races (all series, not yours specifically, and this includes run races, etc), but these pics give an excellent example of what is possible in a race photo.

2015-07-31 10:34 PM

User image

Oakville

Originally posted by GoFaster

Originally posted by Scott71

Cool looking photos.  

That's the one!!  Found the pic of me on the bike, and in 6 years of racing this takes the cake as the best ever.  Very different, and certainly worth spending money on because it is so unique.

Yeah I really like the lens/filter he used. A little disappointed that my bike pic wasn't in the gallery for Sunday's sprint race.

2015-08-04 5:39 PM

Veteran
London, Ontario
If you are referring to the M3 photos we are actually working with them as well on a trial basis and considering a full roll-out in 2016. Please let us know what you think of his work.
2015-08-04 10:36 PM
in reply to: John Salt

User image

Elite
Ontario

Originally posted by John Salt If you are referring to the M3 photos we are actually working with them as well on a trial basis and considering a full roll-out in 2016. Please let us know what you think of his work.

John - if it's M2, then I'm a believer.  I paid for my bike race photo from Gravenhurst - and I've never bothered to actually buy a race photo up until this point.  I also saw some of the shots he took at Welland, and wish I had gotten captured on one of the cool ones he took on that bike course as well.  

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Gravenhurst bike photos Rss Feed