General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wet suit trouble Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-07-21 6:03 AM

Subject: Wet suit trouble
Hello everybody. Was five minutes from the start of the Delta lake intermediate distance tri, when I tried to zip my suit and the zipper broke!!! I'd like to get it fixed but don't have a clue where to begin. I live near Syracuse. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

2015-07-21 3:17 PM
in reply to: Finn1964

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Subject: RE: Wet suit trouble
Originally posted by Finn1964

Hello everybody. Was five minutes from the start of the Delta lake intermediate distance tri, when I tried to zip my suit and the zipper broke!!! I'd like to get it fixed but don't have a clue where to begin. I live near Syracuse. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Yikes! I sort of know how you feel: I was standing in the water waiting to start the Quassy Rev3 Olympic a couple of years ago and nervously adjusting my wetsuit when I ripped the seam on the side with about 30 seconds to go before the starting gun.

I think I would start by contacting the manufacturer and seeing if they'll fix it for you. Depending on the brand and how old it is, it might even be under warranty.

If that doesn't work, try contacting a local scuba place (do they have those in Syracuse?) and seeing if they have a wetsuit repair service or can refer you to one.

Lastly, I'd check a scuba magazine or google for any wetsuit repair places. Last-ditch might be to try a really reputable tailor and see if they'd be willing to try to repair/replace it.

Good luck!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wet suit trouble Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Smithpoint Tri - Wet Suit vs Tri Suit

Started by pray4pwdr
Views: 1193 Posts: 2

2010-08-03 7:03 AM tri_sport19

Nautica NYC Triathlon - Do I need a wet suite?

Started by chanachor5
Views: 2861 Posts: 9

2009-06-25 8:58 PM LazyMarathoner
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 10, 2009
author : t3coach1
comments : 0
Looking to shave some time off and improve your swim efficiency during your races? We review the Rocket Skin Suit by Rocket Science Sports.

date : July 7, 2008
author : Ron
comments : 1
This is a 'first impressions' review of the Fit2Race Sockeye Fullsuit. From a first wetsuit point-of-view, I was able to dramatically improve my pace over non-wetsuit swims.
date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.

date : July 4, 2005
author : Daniel Clout
comments : 0
A lot of my unnecessary troubles and tribulations were because of my defiance, acting on my own naïveté and strong will. I was not acting on the advice given to me.