Other Resources The Political Joe » School me on Hilary Clinton Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2015-07-22 12:29 PM

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs
Subject: School me on Hilary Clinton

What has she actually done? I seriously have no idea why she is so popular. Will someone who supports her please list her major accomplishments that make her a legitimate candidate?

2015-07-22 1:02 PM
in reply to: mrbbrad

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
Subject: RE: School me on Hilary Clinton

I have not vetted this, literally first hit on a google search for Hillary Clinton accomplishments

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/04/13/heres-a-list-of-hillary-clintons-accomplishments-so-quit-saying-she-doesnt-have-any/

2015-07-22 1:16 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

Originally posted by dmiller5

I have not vetted this, literally first hit on a google search for Hillary Clinton accomplishments

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/04/13/heres-a-list-of-hillary-clintons-accomplishments-so-quit-saying-she-doesnt-have-any/

Yeah, I've seen that and other lists which don't really have any meat to them. Lots of buzzwords like "oversaw","instrumental", "leading role", "spear headed". As a hiring manger I read a lot of resumes with crap like that on them. Not clear what she actually did. 

2015-07-22 2:21 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

US senator. Secretary of state.  just those things makes her more qualified that almost everyone else in the race. what do you want

2015-07-22 2:30 PM

User image

Pro

US senator. Secretary of state.  just those things makes her more qualified that almost everyone else in the race. what do you want

Plus, she once told the President of the United States to "get your arse back out there and tell the truth so I don't look like an idiot" when the POTUS lied about an affair with an intern.  That's something too.

2015-07-22 2:42 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

What? "Almost everyone"??? 

Chafee - Mayor, Senator, Governor

O'Malley - City Council, Mayor, Governor

Sanders - Mayor, Congressman, Senator

Webb - Senator, Secretary on the Navy, Assistant Secretary of Defense, Counsel for the House Veterans Affairs Committee, Marine Officer... (ETA:, Annapolis Grad, Highly Decorated Vietnam Vet),  Hmmmm..... I really need to research this guy more. 

What distinguishes her? I really don't see the allure. Is it because she's a woman? Supporting her because she is a woman is the same as not supporting her because she's a woman. It's gender based and not qualification based.

Edited by mrbbrad 2015-07-22 2:51 PM

2015-07-22 2:46 PM

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

Originally posted by Left Brain

Plus, she once told the President of the United States to "get your arse back out there and tell the truth so I don't look like an idiot" when the POTUS lied about an affair with an intern.  That's something too.

She still looked like an idiot through all that IMO

Edited by mrbbrad 2015-07-22 2:54 PM
2015-07-22 2:49 PM

User image

IDK but it didn't stop Obama from getting elected or winning the Nobel Peace Prize.  Point being anything is possible..... Trump?

2015-07-22 2:52 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by mrbbrad

She still looked like an idiot through all the IMO

I'm with you on her.....I don't get it.  That woman will lie about anything......she even LOOKS like she will lie about anything.  Plus she has fat ankles, I just can't take any person with fat ankles seriously.

2015-07-22 4:22 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Webb - Senator, Secretary on the Navy, Assistant Secretary of Defense, Counsel for the House Veterans Affairs Committee, Marine Officer... (ETA:, Annapolis Grad, Highly Decorated Vietnam Vet),  Hmmmm..... I really need to research this guy more. 

What distinguishes her? I really don't see the allure. Is it because she's a woman? Supporting her because she is a woman is the same as not supporting her because she's a woman. It's gender based and not qualification based.

You asked "what are her accomplishments?" and someone posted a list of them. Then you said, (I'm paraphrasing)'Yeah, but still. What ELSE has she done?" So then someone said, "Well, she was a Senator and Secretary of State," and you said, "Yeah, but still. But what ELSE?"

I'm not a fan of hers, but it's not because she's not "qualified", whatever that means.

I don't really get the argument about someone's experience. Granted, there's a certain minumum level of experience that one should have in order to be qulified to be president, but I think Secretary of State and US Senator certainly meets the minimum.

I think it's funny that, when someone doesn't have "enough" experience, people go "How's he supposed to be president? He was only a governor of a small state or Senator for one term, or ran a successful business in the private sector, or whatever-- he can't POSSIBLY be president." But if someone has "too much" experience, then he's a Washington insider who's too deep into cronyism or whatever, and that's no good either.

If you don't like her, you don't llike her, and that's fine, but it's hardly fair to say she's not "qualified" especially since there's no clear definition for what "qualified to be president" entails, other than being a natural born citizen 35 or older who's lived in the US for at least the last 14 years.

The "answer" to your question "what distinguishes her?" is that many see her as a vocal and very influential and effective champion of women's rights, the rights of workers and of children here and around the world.

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2015-07-22 4:28 PM
2015-07-22 4:27 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
dp

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2015-07-22 4:28 PM

2015-07-22 6:40 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

I'm not a fan of hers, but it's not because she's not "qualified", whatever that means. 

No, it's because of her ankles.....just admit it.

2015-07-22 7:42 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

No, it's because of her ankles.....just admit it.

...maybe.
2015-07-23 7:53 AM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

You asked "what are her accomplishments?" and someone posted a list of them. Then you said, (I'm paraphrasing)'Yeah, but still. What ELSE has she done?" So then someone said, "Well, she was a Senator and Secretary of State," and you said, "Yeah, but still. But what ELSE?" I'm not a fan of hers, but it's not because she's not "qualified", whatever that means. I don't really get the argument about someone's experience. Granted, there's a certain minumum level of experience that one should have in order to be qulified to be president, but I think Secretary of State and US Senator certainly meets the minimum. I think it's funny that, when someone doesn't have "enough" experience, people go "How's he supposed to be president? He was only a governor of a small state or Senator for one term, or ran a successful business in the private sector, or whatever-- he can't POSSIBLY be president." But if someone has "too much" experience, then he's a Washington insider who's too deep into cronyism or whatever, and that's no good either. If you don't like her, you don't llike her, and that's fine, but it's hardly fair to say she's not "qualified" especially since there's no clear definition for what "qualified to be president" entails, other than being a natural born citizen 35 or older who's lived in the US for at least the last 14 years. The "answer" to your question "what distinguishes her?" is that many see her as a vocal and very influential and effective champion of women's rights, the rights of workers and of children here and around the world.

Your paraphrasing is off. Sorry if I wasn't clear; I didn't ask "What else?" I asked "What exactly?". As I did state, IMO the list that was linked was fluffy, no real meat around what she herself actually did. She helped get some legislation passed; that was her job as a Senator. Did she effect any real or lasting change? Did she create and drive some groundbreaking legislation? I don't see it.

As for the next bit, my comments were to rebut the argument that her past political positions alone make her "more qualified than everyone else in the race." Clearly that is not the case, and I cited only the main Democrats. She served one elected and one appointed position. Others have served more.

True, I don't like her and that clouds my perception to a point, but I am willing to acknowledge substance in others that even when I don't like them. As a long time Washington Redskins fan I can admit that there were some Dallas Cowboys who were exceptional football players. Hall of Fame players. I think Presidential candidates should be "Hall of Fame" quality and I just don't see it with her. I appreciate your answer about what you think distinguishes her, and if those things are true that's great, but aside from rights of workers (depending on what that means) I don't see them as the most pressing issues our country is facing.

Look, it's not just her. None of these folks on either side seem to be the kind of leader our country needs, but she was anointed the Democratic front runner before anyone even declared and I just don't see why.

2015-07-23 10:12 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Her last name is Clinton, and that's enough isn't?

2015-07-23 11:14 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Regular
Grand Rapids, MI USA
Dr Ben Carson

That is it people

Only person who is not a politician in this thing

I know others are not officially politicians either but they strike me as such

I am voting for Ben

I have researched Hillary, Sanders, OMalley, Trump, Christie, Rubio, all that ...

I know Libs on here will auto bash me, but thats OK - vote for old Hillary and get someone who thinks they are above the law

2015-07-23 11:28 AM
in reply to: MikeinGR

User image

Pro

Originally posted by MikeinGR Dr Ben Carson That is it people Only person who is not a politician in this thing ...

So, you're specifically voting for a person that has no political accomplishments.  I concede he is a better brain surgeon than any of the others, but I'm not sure how helpful that is when you need a leader, with a vision who can motivate a country to move.  

I have a problem with voting for a 'climate change denier'.  among other things, I kinda' like earth.

2015-07-23 2:16 PM
in reply to: morey000

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by morey000

Originally posted by MikeinGR Dr Ben Carson That is it people Only person who is not a politician in this thing ...

So, you're specifically voting for a person that has no political accomplishments.  I concede he is a better brain surgeon than any of the others, but I'm not sure how helpful that is when you need a leader, with a vision who can motivate a country to move.  

I have a problem with voting for a 'climate change denier'.  among other things, I kinda' like earth.

yeah, color me crazy, but I like the earth having a habitable climate for me and my animal/plant friends

2015-07-23 2:51 PM

User image

Regular
Grand Rapids, MI USA
"There's always going to be either cooling or warming going on," the potential 2016 Republican presidential candidate said in an interview this weekend in Des Moines, Iowa. "As far as I'm concerned, that's irrelevant. What is relevant is that we have an obligation and a responsibility to protect our environment."

Yes, Dr. Ben Carson wants the earth to burn up or freeze.

He just disagrees with how it is constantly used as a political tool to pull the wool over peoples eyes and how the EPA is actually managed, and how it works with places to implement change. More like the FBI right now as opposed to a co op.

Yes, the demo's have been out in front for the 'talk' about this ... but is it to seek actual change for our world or put you in a category for votes.

And as far a being political, you don't have to be in the government to have experience in that. I guess it is the government type that seems to me to be less truthful.

Leadership? Vision? You are right, Dr. Ben Carson doesn't have any of that.

2015-07-23 7:47 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

You asked "what are her accomplishments?" and someone posted a list of them. Then you said, (I'm paraphrasing)'Yeah, but still. What ELSE has she done?" So then someone said, "Well, she was a Senator and Secretary of State," and you said, "Yeah, but still. But what ELSE?" I'm not a fan of hers, but it's not because she's not "qualified", whatever that means. I don't really get the argument about someone's experience. Granted, there's a certain minumum level of experience that one should have in order to be qulified to be president, but I think Secretary of State and US Senator certainly meets the minimum. I think it's funny that, when someone doesn't have "enough" experience, people go "How's he supposed to be president? He was only a governor of a small state or Senator for one term, or ran a successful business in the private sector, or whatever-- he can't POSSIBLY be president." But if someone has "too much" experience, then he's a Washington insider who's too deep into cronyism or whatever, and that's no good either. If you don't like her, you don't llike her, and that's fine, but it's hardly fair to say she's not "qualified" especially since there's no clear definition for what "qualified to be president" entails, other than being a natural born citizen 35 or older who's lived in the US for at least the last 14 years. The "answer" to your question "what distinguishes her?" is that many see her as a vocal and very influential and effective champion of women's rights, the rights of workers and of children here and around the world.

Look, it's not just her. None of these folks on either side seem to be the kind of leader our country needs...

On this we agree. I'm not excited about any of them. It's either more of the same thing or too much of the wrong thing.
2015-07-24 12:23 PM

New user

What has she actually done? I seriously have no idea why she is so popular. Will someone who supports her please list her major accomplishments that make her a legitimate candidate?

Let's see:

The Russian reset. That worked out well, just about reset us back to the cold war.
Sided with Chavez's man in Honduras.
Said that Assad was a "reformer".
Sent George Mitchell as special envoy to the M.E. and pissed off the Palestinians and Israelis.
Basically silent on Iran's green revolution.
Early in her reign as SS, sent a message to China stating human rights should not get in the way of relations between the two countries.
Backed the Muslim Brotherhood in N. Africa and supported Morsi.
The whole Libya fiasco.
The deaths of Ambassador Stevens,Sean Smith,Tyrone Woods, and Glen Doherty, because her office ignored requests for increased security.

What's not to like about her?

Edited by NXS 2015-07-24 12:24 PM

2015-07-24 3:38 PM
in reply to: NXS

User image

Why is it that because she's a woman she has to prove she's moved the earth BEFORE she even becomes president?

It seems that people hold her to a much higher standard than any of the male candidates.
2015-07-24 3:56 PM
in reply to: jennifer_runs

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by jennifer_runs Why is it that because she's a woman she has to prove she's moved the earth BEFORE she even becomes president? It seems that people hold her to a much higher standard than any of the male candidates.

AGREED

look at about 12 of the republican candidates.  why aren't we discussing their qualifications

2015-07-24 3:56 PM
in reply to: jennifer_runs

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jennifer_runs Why is it that because she's a woman she has to prove she's moved the earth BEFORE she even becomes president? It seems that people hold her to a much higher standard than any of the male candidates.

Just for the record......I won't vote for a man with fat ankles either.  I want that clear.

2015-07-24 4:00 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Just for the record......I won't vote for a man with fat ankles either.  I want that clear.

Chris Christie, you're on notice

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » School me on Hilary Clinton Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

NC school bans 9 yo's My Little Pony Backpack Pages: 1 2 3

Started by switch
Views: 4332 Posts: 56

2014-03-25 2:28 PM Aarondb4

School me on religious arguments please... Pages: 1 2

Started by So Fresh So Clean
Views: 5194 Posts: 47

2014-01-17 3:14 PM tuwood

Religion in schools again Pages: 1 2

Started by tuwood
Views: 3175 Posts: 26

2013-09-13 10:56 AM tuwood

Prayer in School Pages: 1 2

Started by Marvarnett
Views: 4199 Posts: 39

2013-08-09 12:22 PM tuwood

block funding to schools that ban imaginary guns

Started by idahocraig
Views: 1633 Posts: 15

2013-07-12 1:36 PM tuwood
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 28, 2008
author : mjguanella
comments : 0
Overweight, ex-high school athlete and father of three decides to enter a triathlon and gets more than he imagined.

date : October 4, 2006
author : TriSports.com
comments : 0
Training for endurance athletics can be a complicated time gobbling monster. This is an understatement for the majority of us that are trying to juggle a full time job and/or school with training.