General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Clothing change assistance Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-07-26 4:23 PM

Subject: Clothing change assistance
I'm signed up for a sprint triathlon in 2 weeks. I'm doing it as a friend and for a once in a lifetime experience with the goal of finishing. I will be 10weeks pregnant at the time of the race (found out after I paid for it). I don't have much money so new items are out of the question. I NEED to be comfortable. I'm not a strong swimmer and borrowing a wetsuit. I own one one piece bathing suit completely unsuitable for running. I need to take off my suit and put on clothes. All the tips I've seen either say to buy a tri suit or wear a 2 piece bathing suit and complete the race in it. I can't do either of these. Please, is there anyone out there that has changed their clothes??? I realize I'm out of my league here, but either I formulate a game plan for changing somehow or I don't go. I tried today and couldn't do it without flashing an audience from underneath my towel. Maybe a big t-shirt would help? Wearing my sports bra and thong underwear under my suit, trying to keep them on when I take off the wetsuit and suit, and then putting my capris and tank over them? Is there a port o potty that I should run to and change in? Please help. There has to be someone else that has experienced this!

2015-07-26 4:57 PM
in reply to: Violet9885

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
Subject: RE: Clothing change assistance

could you just put on spandex or tri shorts as your underwear.....i don't really see the issue with clothing.  You can wear ANYTHING under your wetsuit, you don't need the one-piece.  Wear what you want for the bike/run under the wetsuit.

2015-07-26 7:16 PM
in reply to: #5131090

How about a sports bra and a pair of compression/Tri shorts under the wetsuit? Then you can pull on a tank top in transition and enjoy the rest of your race. Good luck on your first!
2015-07-26 7:47 PM
in reply to: Spartypants

User image

Portland, Oregon
If your capris are snug, wear them under your wetsuit with a sport bra. Throw a T-shirt on in transition and you're set to go! (If you need to wear undies with your capris, pick a pair you think will dry pretty quick...Not the cotton kind if you can avoid it!)
2015-07-26 9:11 PM
in reply to: martymo

User image

Veteran
Great White North
This^^^

No one changes for anything shorter than Ironman... just the way the sport has evolved.
2015-07-27 12:19 PM
in reply to: #5131114

agree with all those that say wear what you are going to bike in under the wetsuit. yes, it will be wet when you get on the bike, but you'll be surprised how much the bike drives you off. even when they have change tents i still do bike shorts on jog bra under wetsuit, pull shirt on over bra after swim.

2015-07-29 11:31 AM
in reply to: #5131262

Thanks, everyone, for the help! I'm going to try swimming with my capris and sports bra under the wetsuit and toss on the shirt after the water.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Clothing change assistance Rss Feed