General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Zoot Z Force 3.0 question - HELP Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-07-27 10:12 AM

User image

Brooklyn, New York
Subject: Zoot Z Force 3.0 question - HELP
Folks, I have had continuous issue with wetsuit fit and comfort. I have an option of getting the Z Force sleeveless 3.0 for 100$ cheaper but with no exchange options. I am 5'10" - 196lbs with muscular build (46" chest) considerable size in quads. Product reps suggested I go with the Large because XL accomodates up to 230lbs. I'd just like to know if anyone has experience with the Zoot Z Force 3.0 sleeveless or full because of the design fit (especially across the chest area for flexible expansion)

THANKS
TJ

*Another issue, if you want to throw your 2 cents in: If I get this deal on the Z force it will most likely NOT be delivered by my next sprint tri (500yd swim). I currently wear the TYR carbon zipper back tri suit. Would you say just swim in it (i love it by the way) , or suck it up YET AGAIN in tight discomfort in my current ill-fitted full sleeve wetsuit?

Edited by TJHammer 2015-07-27 10:14 AM

2015-07-29 4:33 PM
in reply to: #5131226

Subject: RE: Zoot Z Force 3.0 question - HELP
For what it's worth... I wear a zoot Z Force 1.0 full sleeve in size large and it fits great. Felt tight at first but after a few swims I got comfortable in it. I've worn it in two sprints and I wouldn't change it for anything. I paid $200 from REI. I'm 6' tall and 200 lbs. muscular legs, broad shoulders.

As far as your upcoming tri, I'd say swim in what you're most comfortable in. While in the water you need to be focused on the swim, not the way your suit is squeezing you in the wrong places...

Hope this helps!
2015-07-29 6:10 PM
in reply to: TJHammer

User image

Ottawa, Ontario
I don't think this is going to help you, but I have a Zoot Force 3.0 suit... I'm just over 6'2" and 160 lbs and wear size ST. I've got pretty broad shoulders but not a very big chest. Shoulder flexibility has been an issue for me though - it was really tough to find a suit that gave me enough flexibility in the shoulders without being too loose around the midsection. It was either "fits well around the body, but my arms are restricted" or "arm flexibility is great, but there's a big gap in the small of my back". The Zoot fit the best for me out of all the brands I tried (Orca, Aquasphere, 2XU, and Zoot) though the 2XU fit pretty well too, I just hated the hard plastic catch panels it had.
2015-07-30 1:19 PM
in reply to: SenatorClayDavis

User image

Brooklyn, New York
Hey guys, thanks for chiming in. I got the Large in last night and tried it on.....carefully!! Because it was effort getting over the quads/hips/glutes again. Once in and zipped up, I just walked around the house a while. I could feel too much tightness especially in lower body. And that vascular constriction feeling kicking in after a while. It's a sleeveless. First time in a sleeveless and the shoulder and arm freedom was WELCOME! - so it's clear sleeveless is my best bet. I returned the large today and expect the XL tomorrow. I fear it'll be too big because it accomodates up to 230lbs. My thighs measure in at 27" roughly and my upper body and lats get pumped when swimming. The few features of this 3.0 design seem to be able to allow for chest expansion though. Fact that the Zoot rep suggested Large makes me wonder what this XL going to look like, but hopefully it fits. Otherwise square one. The wetsuit experience has really made me go insane lol
2015-08-12 9:09 AM
in reply to: TJHammer

User image

Brooklyn, New York
Wanted to update this to hopefully help anyone who ends up in the same boat as I was in. Once I finally got into the Zoot Z-Force 3.0 in XL I finally swam without all the mental and physical aggravation that my other suit was causing. The 3.0 has a few features that help with felxibility. The stretchy rubber center ergonomic panel in the chest allows for more flexible chest & lat expansion. The leg design is less restrictive and more conducive for muscular legs (look, if you've got big legs a wetsuit is going to be tight) - but I DON'T cramp in this. I can swim to my hearts delight and not worry!
I opted for sleeveless and my shoulders and triceps thank me. This is definitely good for a muscular build. Still had to size up from spec recomendation
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Zoot Z Force 3.0 question - HELP Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Zoot Tempo 3.0's causing blood achilles tendon

Started by jillian_o
Views: 1236 Posts: 4

2011-04-04 11:32 AM jillian_o

Question for Zoot wearing Chicks

Started by KeriKadi
Views: 986 Posts: 4

2010-02-09 2:34 PM autigers_1998

Question about AVIA / K-Swiss / Zoot Shoes