General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need advice on Tri bike - Trek SC 7.0 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-07-29 6:55 AM

Subject: Need advice on Tri bike - Trek SC 7.0
I'm fairly new to the sport but I'm really into it and I've been looking for a dedicated tri bike. I'm currently riding a 58cm 2014 specialized Roubaix comp with Sora components. I've also shifted the seat forward, dropped the bar using an adjustable stem and have added nice clip on aero bars, all done by my LBS. I love this bike and have enjoyed riding it since I purchased it late last year. I just don't think it's intended to be ridden in this position for long periods of time.?. (Thoughts?)

So I've been looking for a tri bike because I think it will be more comfortable on longer distance triathlons (I've only completed two sprint distance events, but plan to do an Olympic in September and continue training over winter for a half iron next year.) Anyway, there aren't many shops near me that stock them so it's hard to test them out without taking a weekend afternoon away from family to do so. I did find a local shop that has a Large 2014 Trek speed concept 7.0 and I had them adjust it to fit me and I rode it on the trainer in the store and it seemed pretty comfortable... Best part is that the price has been reduced because they want to move the bike as its a 2014 and the new 2016 models are coming in now. It's still a chunk of change at about $2500 with tax and then adding pedals and all the other extras. Anyway, I'm curious to know if anyone has advice they can share. It would be greatly appreciated!

My stats: 6' tall, 200 lbs., good flexibility

Thanks for your time and advice!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need advice on Tri bike - Trek SC 7.0 Rss Feed